It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a giant hole in the north pole?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
King neptune: can you tell me where you found your photo?

There is a software product provided by NASA, it is called “NASA World Wind”. It can be downloaded for free, and it gives you a satellite image of the Earth. One can spin the globe and zoom in to just miles above the surface. The history of this software is explained here on Wikipedia :
en.wikipedia.org... .

I have been seeking reliable satellite pictures of both our North and South poles. When I became aware of NASA’s World Wind, I immediately spun the earth around and went looking for the poles.

Here is the North Pole via World Wind. Clouds and weather across the continents and arctic ocean area, snow or ice on northern Canada, Russia, Greenland is a continent of ice… but what is that being blurred out at and around the North Pole area?

This is zooming in… Greenland is still in photo. But what are we seeing of the Arctic ocean?

For those of you who are not familiar with what satellite photography can get you, here is an example of the detail one can get of San Francisco, on World Wind… very zoomed in, lots of detail, streets and buildings, the Golden Gate bridge… I could have zoomed in further.

But when you zoom in to look for the detail on the top of Greenland… you can’t get the same level of detail ... why no detail? You can see the inset image in the upper right showing the location of Greenland.

Here is what you get when you move over the arctic zooming in to a lower level… it switches to images with no arctic ice, to “represent” the ocean floor.

My only conclusion, is that NASA won’t show us true aerial or satellite photography of the approximate 2000 square mile area of the north arctic ocean area. What could be there they don’t want us to see?

Here's the World Wind South pole image:

And when you begin to zoom in, lots of white, hard for the naked eye to notice much:

When I use Photoshop's Adustment Curves tool, to darken tones it can identify, I get this. Notice the appearance of brush marks, the shading strokes don't go in straight lines, they look feathered. Even across the ocean in the upper left, the shading looks feathered. All the interesting geometrical patterns across the continents on the right and lower parts can not be a natural occurrence in nature.

I demonstrate the effect of changing tone ranges in the image so that you can see the detail that the eye normally glances over. Go back to the first South pole image, and see if you would have noticed the feathered curves of what appears to be brush strokes to blur and smudge the real image.

For me, it raises a lot of questions… what is being blurred out so that we can’t see the real Antarctica and South Pole, and the real North Pole and arctic ice, from an aerial perspective? Is there something significant there which must be kept hidden from the world?

Does it concern me? Yes I am concerned.
If anyone has links to specific reliable pictures of either pole, I would appreciate your reply.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by KathyT]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I suspect you search for photos of openings will be fruitless, as the entire subject, if real, is extremely classified. In time, if humanity is allowed time, the truth may be revealed, one way or another.

For myself I find the whole idea of a hollow earth to be quite unbelievable, but then again, the earth is not flat either, so, time must tell.

Here is a letter I stumbled across some time back from an un-named source. Most likely dis information, but for the life of me I wouldn't know why anyone would want to discredit something that isn't real. Let the reader be warned it most likely is fiction, but again, who knows.

There is a second part to it, if anyone is interested, Ill just have to find it.

[ext]What follows is the ramblings of the insane. Skilled together using information and the insight of a dream by a human being who is prone to error, but wise enough to accept it.

I saw darkness all around me, and then there were pinpricks of light forming in the distance. It was wondrous to behold. They were of a number that could not be counted and they appeared all around me. Little sparks of light coming upon them selves from the darkness.

Then a brighter light that became larger, and larger, then others in the distance. Nearer to me I saw a light appear from nowhere. It appeared as thought it came from a pinprick of space that had no form. It was as though some one had injected something from the ethereal realm threw an ethereal opening. As the mass came threw this portal it became hot, white-hot. I could see that it pushed its way into the material. It was forming around itself as it was being injected from the very center; it grew in size and was molten. I was able to see inside this molten mass as it grew. Continually the material came from the center.

After a time I saw it was vibrating and separating from itself. Like materials were vibrating to, and unlike were vibrating away. It was equalizing itself. Then it vibrated and started to bubble, from within and out. And it started to separate inside. Those bubbles started to come together inside its mass and started to exert a pressure from within and started to expand the mass from within. The bubble grew larger and larger but did not completely fill the void just yet. It filled with pressure to such a point from the middle yet there was a middle place that remained in the center. It was separating from it. It was giving birth.

The outside vibrated as a glowing rubber ball or a large bubble, moving as one, but still attached to the center smaller ball, in one small area. It continued to vibrate until the outer bubble broke free of the center ball. There was a raised area where the ball had touched the bubble for the last time. It was a raised area that remained raised, and could be considered a birthmark. It was the final kiss. The larger ball vibrated away from the center and centered itself from the smaller ball and began to spin, slowly. The central ball, being more liquefied or molten, absorbed the mark back into itself.

The central ball stayed a molten red color, the outer ball started to become scaled on its surface, but still in a plastic state. As it rotated two opening began to form, and it was at this time it began to act as a magnet. As time passed the expansion and contraction of the differing materials put stresses on the ball and it pulled and pushed itself in different places as the materials were not uniform but retained their own unique properties. Some of the pushing, pushed up mountains, in other places the pulling formed valleys and low places. [/ext]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
if there was this gigantic hole of which you speak of, then what is inside it eh?

i've heard rumours that aliens have got bases in both the north and south pole, maybe there visible from space.
so nasa cleans all the pictures which show something out of the ordinary.

my opinion

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsunamiLight
All jokes aside from an "artist's rendition" of a hole..

I definitely don't think it's possible. Such a mass would be unable to keep a hole that large. Naturally, it'd fill back in. Take a physics class and learn a little bit about what gravity is.

Also, I flew over the North Pole on my flight to Vietnam. From Chicago to Hong Kong, we flew over the NP because it's faster. The distance around the equator is longer than a round trip from the poles because of forces pulling on the equator.

Anyways, I didn't see such a hole that large..

I don't know if you've been keeping up with the most breakthrough of gravity experiments... scientists have managed to decrease gravity. So, obviously something we doubted a few years ago, has now been tested and proven possible.
Also, even if gravity doesn't play a role, vortex's could (very fast spinning that could keep anything from going in). It's like when you take a pingpong ball and try to shoot it up using a blowdryer - it won't work, it'll hover. Here's another physics thing that maybe you should think about before trying to break it down into simple little everyone-knows-this-isn't-real arguments.
www.youtube.com...

About your flight.. you can't have flown over the exact north pole, it's a no fly zone. They make sure you don't fly over it because.. you physically can't, if this theory is true. And why would there be a no fly zone if there wasn't anything there?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

This theory isn't based on that picture.. in fact I think most believer's would say that the picture does more damage to the theory than help. Laughing at the picture could be an approach to figuring what's what, but no one else is actually claiming anything on the basis of that picture.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Here are 2 images

this is from the movie Apollo 13. There also added the hole.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Check out the black hole in these pole pictures.

www.youtube.com...

What are they covering up I wonder?

Is it true that planes are not allowed to fly over the poles?
edit on 10-11-2010 by WWu777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

No, lots of planes fly over or close to the N Pole.

ie www.china.org.cn...

www.tq-international.com...

And anyone can visit it if they wish.

edit on 10-11-2010 by Essan because: to add links

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Is this the exact North Pole?

www.victory-cruises.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
To me, it dosn't look like the image is so much doctored with feathered strokes- NASA is better at digital touch-up than that. It looks like the clouds are being drawn to the pole- but if that were true, where do they go? If any doctoring were done, it would be to sew up any hole that might be there, but if so, they didn't fix the clouds- they look like a beacon right to the pole. I'm just sayin'....

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by King neptune117

Where is the picture?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Why doesn't someone with a private plane just fly over the North Pole and lay this issue to rest?

Surely the US Air Force doesn't control the airspace around the North Pole does it? I see no info on the web that says it does.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

First, you want to fly towards Magnetic north, not the misnamed "True North". They are separated by about 1500 miles. Pretty misleading , hu?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

you cant fly over the north pole its not just cuz of the US or anything its because of the powerful magnetic waves it gives ITS THE NORTH POLE!! duh we have magnets radiating all over the world thats why our earth is on an angle you cant fly over simply because all your gauges will screw up and you will end up crashing down to earth, basically its like flying over the bermuda traingle

top topics

<< 1   >>

join