It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US urges Hamas to cease rocket attacks on Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

US urges Hamas to cease rocket attacks on Israel

news.yahoo.com

CRAWFORD, Texas – The U.S. on Saturday blamed the militant group Hamas for breaking a cease-fire and attacking Israel, which retaliated with strikes of its own during what became the single bloodiest day of fighting in years.

The White House called for the cease-fire to be restored, yet there were few indications that the violence, which has left more than 200 people dead and nearly another 400 wounded, was waning. Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak warned that the operation in Gaza would widen if necessary.

It was "completely unacceptable" for Hamas, which controls Gaza, to launch attacks on Israel after a truce lasting several months, said Gordon Johndroe, a spokesman for the National Security Council.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well I would have thought that this sort of diplomacy would have come sooner, I am glad that at least some sort of U.S peacekeeping is being attempted, What kind of influence do you think it will have? does it even matter at this point? we all know the rammifications of this "powder keg" igniting so hopefully we'see some positive results.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
peace keeping? stop firing rockets you terrorists! but oh isreal keep encroaching into foreign territory and building nice houses while accusing the people defending their land of evil doing...hey while on the subject of israel want 6 billion dolla? hows about some nice f16's? and a little tactical nuke? oh da coochie coo,little baby! Iran be terrorists sending ak47's and RPG's over there,bomb bomb bomb iran.USA diplomacy is a joke,so is my rant but thats not the discussion at hand.Cant stand either country. Anyway

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
whatever the reasons being, My heart goes out to all of the lives lost as well as the displaced families who have to relocate into refugee camps and live in squalor.Loss of life is loss of life period. god bless all of those people.I only hope that the situation does not get to a point where the U.S govt will put troops on the ground to aid Israel.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by alyosha1981]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Um....its a little late now. No one should be surprised by this. Israel ahs been saying for DAYS and WEEKS that if the rocket attacks continued then they would do something about it. Well now they are.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Oh by all means I'm not saying that Israel should not protect her people,but even the Arab community is condemming the air strike, I'm glad that the bush administration is publicly asking for Hamas to discontinue violating the cease fire.

new topics

top topics

join