It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Boy Oliver Stone loves disinformation... What's your opinion on the movie W. ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I read your book: The Terror Conspiracy... it was good.

I saw the movie JFK (which borrowed many OF YOUR ideas in your book), W, and more importantly Any Given Sunday.

I couldn't help but notice the All Seeing Eye logo at Texas Stadium... I'm speaking of the movie Any Given Sunday directed by Oliver Stone.

care give your thoughts?

Why is Oliver Stone going in a different direction than what you preach in your book The Terror Conspiracy?

The movie W does the same thing.... it makes people believe that 9-11 was still the work of OBL?

You need to speak up Mr. Marrs on Oliver Stone.... A man that made a materpiece with JFK, is now losing all his integrity with these types of Hollywood films (that obviously show Illuminati symboloism like I pointed out with the DALLS KNIGHTS in Any Given Sunday)...

He turned your book about JFK into a movie... and now he is serving TPTB...

it makes me question you... And you are still my hero, but c'mon????

Give me your opinion on Oliver Stone?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I'm looking forward to Mr. Marrs's response on Oliver Stone. I haven't seen "Dubya" yet, although I would like to. In the trailers I have seen Josh Brolin's body language looks wrong to me. I know I've just had a glimpse from the trailer, but he seems too confident in the way he moves. I think Bush needs to be portrayed as a more careful mover, awkward and unsure, manifesting sexual . . . complexity or polyvalence.

I think the only actor who could really do Bush the way Bush needs to be done is Anthony Hopkins, who would gut him like a fish. (I'm willing to overlook the age discrepancy between the two.)

[edit on 27-12-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I do remember Kevin Costner saying on Leno I think that Mr. Stone is sort of banned in the White House because he's a conspiracy theorist.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Oh yea... if you need an example of what I'm talking about Mr. Marrs...

pause it at 0.33

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I love the speech Richard Dreyfuss made in the warroom about Iran! To me, that was the highlight of the movie. W replied to the effect that it was scarring people when Cheney spoke like that.
brilliant!

I have to admit I'm not sure how an all seeing eye logo makes a movie disinformation.
I guess that's why you are asking Mr. Marrs' opinion, not mine. I think obvious propaganda movies such as Black Hawk Down are much better examples.

I found this interesting tidbit about the movie JFK a while back. I'd be interested to know what Mr. Marrs thinks about it, if he ever gets around to this thread. The comments come from the late Sherman Skolnick, which I'm sure Mr. Marrs has heard from:

[At one assassination research conference in Chicago, I was ordered to be silent or be removed, when I confronted Oliver Stone's chief researcher for the movie "JFK" with a question Is it not true that the French Rothschilds, linked to the Kennedy Family, principally financed the 42 million dollars for "JFK", and ran it primarily in their U.S. movie houses, to get revenge on Kennedy Family enemies? ]

A few hours later Oliver Stone himself showed up at the meeting, and considering me apparently as some poor wretch in a wheelchair, condescended to allow me to tape a short segment with him on a less direct question and answer.

source

It's interesting to think of elites financing certain movies to fight proxy propaganda wars with each other.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
It's interesting to think of elites financing certain movies to fight proxy propaganda wars with each other.

This is one of the reasons I have trouble accepting the notion of a grand conspiracy by the illuminati to take over the world. If it does exist, you can be sure it will be followed by a grand conspiracy by one of the illuminati to take over the rest of them.

Then, there we are back at square one with one monster's foot on all our necks.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

I have to admit I'm not sure how an all seeing eye logo makes a movie disinformation.
I guess that's why you are asking Mr. Marrs' opinion, not mine. I think obvious propaganda movies such as Black Hawk Down are much better examples.

It doesn't mean disinformation... I just feel this symbolism is in the movie as if it's paying respect to the powers that be... whatever we want to call these elite societies. The 'Illuminati' so to speak.

All the directors are doing it these days.

I just recently watched Ben Affleck's directorial debut: Gone Baby Gone... I swear there was more Masonic symbolism in that movie than there was in The Matrix... and I guarantee you The Matrix is nothing 'less' than a Masonic production.

I tend to call it Masonic symbolism... which very well could be harmless. But I also tend to think it represents something far much more sinister.

Or... If Mr. Marrs ever does show up on this thread... I'd love to see if he feels like 9-11 was forshadowed in hollywood productions.

Most of us have seen the threads on ATS about this right?

But I just want to stay on subject....

How does Mr. Marrs feel about the fact that Oliver Stone in completley misleading people with the movie W (Dubya)?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Oh and BTW... I've heard Jim Marrs mention this scene on the Alex Jones show before...

One of my favorite's

it just breaks my heart that Oliver Stone could direct GREATNESS like this... but then backstab us with the George Bush movie.

Oliver Stone has lost my respect because of this.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
the Dallas "Knights"...

he used the logo of the "Knights" templar...

what is the big deal???

also, I haven't seen the movie "W." yet...but did you seriously think he was going to make a movie where Bush and 1,000 other Americans all planned out 9/11 themselves???...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Oliver Stone still needs to make a living. There is a relatively small audience for conspiracy minded movies, and he has the right to make whatever movie he feels. I have not seen any of his movies after "JFK", but I would not consider him a sellout for trying to tackle the subject matter that is George W Bush.

Mr Stone took a lot of flak for making a controversial movie such as "JFK", and he should be given the proper credit for it. It may have cost him the chance to do bigger movies (making decent money).

BTW, my grandfather was a Mason, and I never found the symbolism that unusual.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Howdy Doomsday 2029,

When I first learned that director Oliver Stone was planning to make a movie on 9/11 (which turned out to be World Trade Center), I sent him a copy of my book The Terror Conspiracy and urged him to consider the conspiracy aspects of that event. He politely replied that he had not looked into the subject of conspiracy and was merely wanting to honor the courage of the first responders. However, you may have noticed that in this film, as the tower falls on the firemen, one can hear multiple explosions, a decidedly odd circumstance for a building simply collapsing. Perhaps this was his subtle way of trying to atone for a lack of curiosity concerning the many questions and contradictions of 9/11? I cannot comment on W as I have not had the opportunity to see it. But just consider that Mr. Stone has been busted for drugs on at least two occasions which, under California's "Three Strikes" policy, could make him liable for a long term in prison. This might explain his reluctance to cause the Establishment any new problems.

Jim Marrs

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Marrs

Howdy Doomsday 2029,

When I first learned that director Oliver Stone was planning to make a movie on 9/11 (which turned out to be World Trade Center), I sent him a copy of my book The Terror Conspiracy and urged him to consider the conspiracy aspects of that event. He politely replied that he had not looked into the subject of conspiracy and was merely wanting to honor the courage of the first responders. However, you may have noticed that in this film, as the tower falls on the firemen, one can hear multiple explosions, a decidedly odd circumstance for a building simply collapsing. Perhaps this was his subtle way of trying to atone for a lack of curiosity concerning the many questions and contradictions of 9/11? I cannot comment on W as I have not had the opportunity to see it. But just consider that Mr. Stone has been busted for drugs on at least two occasions which, under California's "Three Strikes" policy, could make him liable for a long term in prison. This might explain his reluctance to cause the Establishment any new problems.

Jim Marrs

Thank you for the reply.

I wasn't aware that Mr. Stone had two strikes working against him. That's not a bad theory, but in my opnion it doesn't serve as an excuse to spread the mass amounts propoganda that he did in the movie W.

I just wish people would take a long hard look at the way Hollywood possibly presented 9-11 symbolism to the public before the event even happened.

And when I say 9-11 symbolism, you have to take in account of the masonic meaning behind the numbers 9 & 11... What the two towers (or pillars) represent in masonic art or as an icon, and what the pentagon (as a shape) represents as masonic icon as well.

I'm suggesting to you that 9-11 was more than inside job, but also some kind of masonic ritual. But let me make this clear... in no way am promoting the idea that all Freemasons are evil, I just think a certain element within masonic lodges were behind the events of September 11th.

And it would of been nice if Oliver Stone put a little bit more emphasis on the fact that George W. Bush was in Skull & Bones durring his college years... because if I'm not mistaken he didn't even make any mention of it.

Anyway... since you've appeared on the Alex Jones show I was hoping that you could give your opinion on the way he presents what it is that I'm talking about.

And this is just scratching the surface... I can layout several more similar instances where Hollywood has forshadowed the events of 9-11 before it happened.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I've been doing a little bit more digging around on the wonderful invention known as the internet... and I found this little tid-bit very ironic.

have you seen the Richard Donner, Mel Gibson movie Conspiracy Theory (1997)?

1phil4everyill.wordpress.com...

Then there are some dialogues/passages that I thought were rather salient and deserved extra addressing:

“Jerry: They’ll stick me in the same place as Oswald, just another lunatic acting alone.
Alice: Oswald killed the President, is that what you’re planning to do Jerry?
Jerry: No, on the contrary.”

This can be counted as a confirmation to the idea that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in killing John F Kennedy, which is ironically and remarkably quite unlike what real life ‘conspiracy theorists’ believe by and large.

“Jerry: The Oliver Stone-Bush Connection. If anyone who has the information he’s got and had a national podium to shout it from, they actually let him do it? No it’s quite clear that he is a disinformation junkie for them….The fact that he’s still alive says it all. He probably should be dead but he’s not.”

Thought that was kind of odd... even Mel Gibson said he was a disinformation junkie... WTF?... oh yea, I have to remind myself that it was just a movie.

hmmm. irony?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Yea Jim...

It's all about Hollywood.

I've dicovered this, and I hope others will too.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Marrs
But just consider that Mr. Stone has been busted for drugs on at least two occasions which, under California's "Three Strikes" policy, could make him liable for a long term in prison. This might explain his reluctance to cause the Establishment any new problems.

I was unaware of this. Thanks for that bit of information. Thought I'd mention that I'm a great admirer of your work as well :-). I've used your work concerning 9/11 many times in order to debunk official story believers and I loved your books Alien Agenda and the first one of yours I ever read, Rule by Secrecy.

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
I wasn't aware that Mr. Stone had two strikes working against him. That's not a bad theory, but in my opinion it doesn't serve as an excuse to spread the mass amounts propoganda that he did in the movie W.

Like Jim, I haven't seen the movie. I can easily imagine that besides Mr. Stone's possible aversion to causing the powers that be any serious discomfort due to his own rather precarious position, I can easily imagine that he may simply not be as informed as someone like Mr. Marrs is. Furthermore, I also believe it to be immensely unlikely that anything that is seen to be too far out of the mainstream can make it; I also think that although Oliver Stone may be not quite mainstream, he's pretty close, and 9/11 conspiracy theorists are still too far out there, just as JFK conspiracy theorists were a bit too out there close to the actual event as well. Thanks to the internet, however, we don't have to wait another 20 years before Hollywood finally comes out with a 9/11 conspiracy movie that's fairly close to what actually happened. There are many movies out there that I have found quite impressive, with the Loose Change editions probably being the most well known. For a 9/11 dramatization that I found to be quite impressive and that won multiple awards at film festivals, I suggest you take a look at the reflecting pool.

I just found this as well; apparenty it's a documentary of Sibel Edmonds...
www.justacitizen.com...

There was a dramatization movie of her as well, but I couldn't find it this time..

[edit on 12-11-2009 by scott3x]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
It's all about Hollywood.

I've dicovered this, and I hope others will too.

The Hollywood fringe sometimes delves into very difficult issues. Apocalypse Now, starring Martin Sheen anyone? His son, who has certainly been in enough Hollywood movies, follows in his footsteps concerning such difficult issues:
video.google.ca...#

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Not seen it yet, but if I'm out at the flicks one night and it's a choice between that and 2012
I'll be back with a full review!

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Hagbard Celine]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well a few interesting moments in the thread caught me.

W or Bush is more powerful that JFK or the Kennedy's now.
Go with the Illuminati flow as it were.
They control Hollywood mass media books world.
And with JFK JR out of the way it was free wheeling from then on.

So their symbols show up in movies to make them feel better.
A good example in my realm of Illuminati watching is the UFO
showing up on outside movie sets.
The Blues Brothers final credits had one behind the crew pyramid
assemblage on a football field bleachers.

top topics

join