It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smiley Face Murder Update

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Smiley Face Murder Update

www.localmystery.com

In Duluth, Minnesota, at the site of two drownings of University of Minnesota Duluth students is a smiley face and cryptic symbols and quotations painted on a bridge that matches other scenes in Minneapolis and La Crosse, Wisconsin and Columbus Ohio and others... Snyder refers to this "altered" "painted" figure as the "Devil." This may explain why 9 out of 22 smiley faces have devil horns.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blackwellbrief.blogspot.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
A widespread network of killers? 40 murders linked.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Has anyone read of any updates on the Smiley Face Murder case?

The story broke in the spring of this year, 2008, then seemed to trail off amidst denials by the FBI of the investigators theories.

Then I read about some new clues involving spray painted quotations of poetry at one of the crime scenes.

Any news from the members here?

www.localmystery.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Huh, well that's the first I've heard that theory.

I've lived in Duluth for about 11 years now and worked at a local TV station when Ken Christianson died back in 2001. The story was that he got wasted at a Rugby party and was walking home with a friend next to chester creek at 3:30 in the morning. At some point the friend noticed Ken wasn't with him and continued on thinking Ken was fine. The next day he couldn't get ahold of him and reported him missing. After three days missing they found him in the creek, cause of death drowning and hypothermia.

I never thought twice about it, he was drunk and walking along a dirt path (and I use the term path loosely, much of chester is pretty rustic with mud and roots covering it) with no guardrail and very steep drops. It would be really easy to slip and fall into that creek in the middle of the night. Especially if you are drunk. It is also a fast moving creek so I can see how the friend wouldn't have heard, it can be pretty loud in spots. I'm not sure where exactly along the creek he died, but I should be able to find out and take a hike up there. I would be interested in seeing this graffiti myself.

I wouldn't put much stock in the theory though, considering the circumstances surrounding his death and the fact that graffiti on bridges (and elsewhere) is pretty common around here; if you want a connection you can find one.

I'm not sure what the 2004 drowning is all about, I'll have to look into it and see if I can find some more info on it.

Strange to see something like this in my area, it always seems so quite around here.

Jesse

join