It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Did The "Santa Slayer" Shoot An 8 Year Old Girl In The Face?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Im surprised no one has mentioned it yet but he did kill his ex wife , and her parents.

I also cant believe so many people find this shocking this kind of thing is happening almost everyday here now. The only reason this is "big" news is b/c the guy put a santa outfit on. Otherwise, I would bet my last dollar this wouldnt of even made the national news.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This goes back to something I have learned from Richard Bandler and something he learned from Virginia Satir..

most people assume that survival is a humans basic instinct, although this is not very true at all, especially in this case.

His first instinct was familiarity, he wanted things to stay the same and he couldn't see his life any other way, so what better way to solidify that destruction than to "change" it "his" way, so he was in control of the change.

Because if things can't be the same, they'll be drastically different.

It is sad, .. sad that people don't know how their own neurology and body works, so they could avoid these problems themselves.

If you find yourself scratching your head in wonderment you should take a second and keep in mind there is something I'm sure you'd flip out about if it were changed... We seek familiarity even before survival, .. it's why things like this happen.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
[edit on 28-12-2008 by Toecutter.]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillresearchn911
Im surprised no one has mentioned it yet but he did kill his ex wife , and her parents.

I also cant believe so many people find this shocking this kind of thing is happening almost everyday here now. The only reason this is "big" news is b/c the guy put a santa outfit on. Otherwise, I would bet my last dollar this wouldnt of even made the national news.

I agree with you
so many things happen and they don't say a word about it in the news… the santa outfit makes it "extraordinary" and thus newsworthy otherwise it would just be some guy who gunned some people down. where? somewhere – who cares? sounds cruel but it's not about being nice and human – they want to make the headlines, something they can report about… I have to write an essay about moral panics and I did some background reading about the media and their decision making in general and it's all about something being more or less newsworthy.

there's something to it. people are shocked about it. I don't say I'm not "shocked" but I wouldn't say "I saw it coming" or so either. I'm shocked too, kind of, but mainly it saddens me because it is another prove that these things happen, that people like that really exist and before all it doesn't really matter if the person who did this is evil or sick or whatever, it's the lives it took away, something that just can't be rolled back...

there was a post on the 1st page:

Originally posted by Jkd Up
The human mind is deep, mysterious and fragile. Heck, it could range from him having been dumped last Christmas to having deep seeded emotions twards the exterior decor of the house in question.

Doesn't make it right... But we may never know what tipped the guy off...

I think that's a good point. it's not trying to justify what this guy did but this could help to explain it, wouldn't it?!

you could just say "this guy is sick" but hey – there can't be THAT many sick people. besides, if everyone who guns down people is sick they can use that to get a lighter sentence. that's a basic thing the defence lawyer will go for. due to my studies I learned this thing: it might look sick to you but if you really say this person is sick, he or she might 'profit' from that – given that this person didn't commit suicide like the "santa killer" … the other thing about being "sick" ---> insane is that this implied the offender not knowing that what he/she did or do is wrong and I don't mean morally only, I mostly mean wrong as in against the law…

*I hope I didn't jumple the whole thing up. english isn't my 1st language so I'm always a bit worried about that… being clear and stuff…*

[edit on 30-12-2008 by maccassidy]

[edit on 30-12-2008 by maccassidy]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
My wife says it's karma, they all were playing out destiny.

When I heard this story I though of a movie I saw years ago - "Santa Slay" or something like that.

I keep wondering how the little girl survived being shot in the face. Must have just gone through soft tissue.

Looks to me his biggest mistake was not wearing a flame-retardant body suit underneath like drag strip racers wear. I figure his plans changed once he got burnt bad on his arms and gave up on killing more and catching his flight.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Would be interesting to know the truth about his background. Not following this but it would also be interesting to see what the downstream effects via the media/politics are. That would tend to tell us whether he was deranged or programmed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join