It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Did The "Santa Slayer" Shoot An 8 Year Old Girl In The Face?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

It's been in literature (and reality) since ancient times.
Emotional intelligence overwhelms people, they even kill their own children to hurt the other parent and so get even for some "insult".

This is paralleled by ideological intelligence. Like in cases of obsessiveness, when people simply kill everybody "standing in their way to success".

Things like this happen all the time, both on small and grandiose scale.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by DangerDeath]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

My life was absolutely destroyed, i have never done anything to anyone, so being male has nothing to do with it. How many other countries have people whose life is destroyed.

The geezer did it because he was american, full stop. Stop trying to link being male, and putting all males into the same category, because i am proof that your statement is wrong.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

People get hurt because they are unable to accept responsibility for their own emotional state. They blame others, and it creates a vicious circle.

But why would anyone place himself at disposal of others, to be affected by their actions? This is where things go wrong.

And this "being American" is a stereotype created in grand measure by Hollywood. Thus "dream factory" becomes the dreamed reality.

All personal energy is invested in impermanent emotions or ideals, when they get exhausted what's left of people is ruin.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Some will say that he was only excercising his free will so he shouldn't be persecuted for it. Afterall, free will shouldn't have consequences. According to some anyway.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

The geezer did it because he was american, full stop.

Yes, because crimes like this only happen in the United States.

You are a moron, full stop

The unintentional irony contained in your post is actually pretty amusing.

And no, it has nothing to do with being male, and everything to an idiotic set of social roles many men believe they are supposed to live up to.

I blame decades of idiotic Hollywood "action hero" movies, myself.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
First off, shooting the 8 year old is beyond cold blooded. I think the guy completely snapped and lost it and when someone snaps, they do not see an 8 year old, they see a target.

Now I am not making any excuses for what this guy did, evil is a good word to describe his actions, however I think I can understand. After a failed 2 year marriage just look at the repercussions...

Court documents show Sylvia Pardo got the couple's dog, the wedding ring and $10,000 in the settlement agreement, while he got the house. In June, the court ordered Bruce Pardo to pay $1,785 a month in spousal support and put him on a payment plan of $450 a month for $3,570 that was unpaid.

Source

Then the guy lost his job in July. His life was obviously falling completely apart and I think he very simply snapped. What I find most interesting is this is a guy with no criminal history, no history of violence, active in his local church and described by everyone who knew him as a happy guy who always had a smile on his face. It just goes to show you that everyone has a breaking point and once that point is reached, people are capable of anything.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up
The human mind is deep, mysterious and fragile. Heck, it could range from him having been dumped last Christmas to having deep seeded emotions twards the exterior decor of the house in question.

Doesn't make it right... But we may never know what tipped the guy off...

The article said his wife may have been at the party (although it was not confirmed) and that might be what sparked his rampage.

From the original article:

There are some reports that his wife was at the party, but this has not been confirmed.

Jealous husband perhaps? Angry at his wife so he took it out on the entire party?

Not sure but this truly is tragic.

[edit on 12/26/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

I think that you can have free will up to the point it abuses someone else's life, because if it does that ,then you are not allowing said persons to have their free will.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

What's free will without ethics? Pure arbitrariness, and it may end up as in this case of massacre. The guy was abandoned and squeezed by his fellow beings whom he once loved. It's not just his fault, if we focus on consequential behavior.

The whole relationship was on wrong basis. Not ethical, but contract wise.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MandM

Why did he shoot her?

For a laugh? Haha.

There was this dude in Dunblane in Scotland (and sorry if this has been gone through before) but he went into this primary school and shot loads of infants under 11 because he was afraid that they would grow up and hear the local 'lies' about him. He was not liked locally. This bloke was probably totally screwed up and twisted in the lies of those closest to him which led him to the extremes of his actions. I think there are parallels.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Another case hard to explain.

www.abc15.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Hard to accept not really hard to explain. This guy had mental issues according to the article and the police were already looking for him whereas the other guy supposedly was a " nice quiet man".

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I ask not the question of why did he kill a child, but why did he kill at all? Taking any (thinking) life is wrong.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
this is why i answer the door at my house and not my little girl. as paranoid as it sounds when i go out about my day i assume everyone i meet is this guy, and i have my concealed, and i carry. if they show up at my store or my home i have the AR ready to rock on them. not that im a violent person but i refuse to be defenseless or let harm come to my family. hell i really cant stand by and let harm come to a stranger. i hate evilness. alot of my friends are modern day hippies and peacefull people who for some reason think humans are generally good. i would like it if that were true. that would allow me to lower my guard and make a new friend, something i havent done since 1989. bottom line to me is the human brain is a fragile thing and given the right situation it doesnt take much to break it.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

You see, that is the problem. The Santa guy had emotional and rational reason to commit the crime. Does that make him sick? Like schizophrenic? Some will say no, he is just evil. But I don't think that really holds the water.
He was also schizophrenic, only in an accepted, domesticated way, so most people don't see it as a disease anymore.

Human race is victim of schizophrenia, only - it got used to it, it created a symbiosis with the disease. So the divided mind is now a normal thing, divide and rule is the principle of human behavior acclaimed by social science.

The Santa guy simply "cracked". He obviously premeditated it, but it was all under affection - his social situation affected him in such manner that he was totally oppressed and had no way out. So he chose to drag down everybody he could, to share the same destiny. It all makes lots of sense, yet it is all so sick. The ultimate result of social justice, because that's what it is. He was handled and manipulated by social justice.

The division is there, but it falls into another category, social category rather than medical. As medical case, this is only acute. As social case, it is "only" chronic.

So we have a "nice quiet man" and a "Baseballer with medical history" doing the same thing.

We have apparently two different criteria applying to the same deed.

I say the cause is the same: schizophrenia. Only, the definition of schizophrenia should be revised, widened, and applied to social constructs which divide and demolish men.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by DangerDeath]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

I agree with you. The root cause is the same the only difference that we know of is one guy was diagnosed and let loose while the other one didn't have time to be diagnosed. Results the same.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by xmotex

My life was absolutely destroyed, i have never done anything to anyone, so being male has nothing to do with it. How many other countries have people whose life is destroyed.

The geezer did it because he was american, full stop. Stop trying to link being male, and putting all males into the same category, because i am proof that your statement is wrong.

THAT is the dumbest thing I have ever read here. Seriously.
You tell someone to NOT lump you into a category, because YOU dont do. Yet you turn around and lump an entire nation into one category to fit a crazy &*%^ man?
Not!

I am proof (as are millions of others) that your statement is WRONG.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I dont think this has anything to do with America....nor being a male.
It has to do with a man who is deeply disturbed for who knows what reason.

And the whole "he seemed so normal and so nice" thing just never cuts it with me.

I have an uncle who is loved by everyone he meets. He always smiles and appears happy ALWAYS. Everyone who knows him or would meet him would say: "What a great normal happy guy!".

But my uncle is a $%#& person who beat 2 of his wives, cheated on them all the time and ended up robbing a bank....and ran with mob type people.

All those people (including my own family) never knew the crap he was into. He knew how to put on the "normal" persona and got away with it for a LONG time.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Here is more info on this case:

Police: Santa gunman planned to flee to Canada

Dec 26, 5:38 PM (ET)

By CHRISTINA HOAG

COVINA, Calif. (AP) - Law enforcement officials in Southern California say the gunman who killed nine people in a Christmas Eve bloodbath at his ex-in-laws' Covina home intended to flee to Canada but was severely burned before he killed himself.

Police said Friday that after the shooting, 45-year-old Bruce Jeffrey Pardo used a homemade device to spray racing fuel around the home and that the vapor was ignited by a pilot light or candle. He suffered third-degree burns on both arms when it exploded.

Authorities say Pardo's Santa suit actually melted onto his body before he fled.

After Pardo shot himself to death at his brother's home, authorities found $17,000 on him and a plane ticket for a flight from Los Angeles to Canada.

This was his ex-in law's home.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
And here is the reason:

www.breitbart.com...
Pardo, 45, had no criminal record and no history of violence, according to police, but he was angry following last week's settlement of his divorce after a short marriage.

A court summary of the divorce case shows that Sylvia Pardo filed for a dissolution of marriage on March 24, 2008. The summary indicates she and Bruce Pardo reached a settlement on Dec. 18 and were separated after about two years of marriage.

Court documents show Sylvia Pardo got the couple's dog, the wedding ring and $10,000 in the settlement agreement, while he got the house. In June, the court ordered Bruce Pardo to pay $1,785 a month in spousal support and put him on a payment plan of $450 a month for $3,570 that was unpaid.

Pardo's attorney said the man had trouble making the payments after he lost his job in July, but spousal support was waived in the settlement signed earlier this month.

Investigators seeking further information about Pardo's motives have begun searching his home in the suburban Los Angeles community of Montrose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join