It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked man dies after 4 taser shocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Naked man dies after 4 taser shocks

rawstory.com

A naked man wandering around an apartment complex near Houston, Texas died after police shocked him with a taser four times.

Texas' KPRC reports, "A naked man who banged on doors and cars at a north Harris County apartment complex died after he was shocked by a Taser gun, deputies told KPRC Local 2. An autopsy will determine the cause of the man's death."

The article continues, "The deputies involved have been put on administrative duty pending the outcome of investigations
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The Taser in this case may or may not have been warranted. The point I wanted more to make is the use of the Taser with the intent of it being non leathel. On could make an argument that a naked man would have not concealed weapons, so why the Taser? If not the Taser the police would have had to use the sticks and streanth to subdue the man. He would have been hurt, bruised, possibly broken bones. But the methods used would most likely be less leathel then the Taser.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

An autopsy will determine the cause of the man's death."

Well I suppose that's anyone's guess.

What really worries me is that there are still people like this running loose on the streets.

The police that is...

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
N. Tesla please be careful out there!

But seriously this tazer business seems to be getting out of hand even more. They really need to make a better safer invention.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

It kinda sounds like PCP to me. Then again the fellow could been dead drunk. Regardless he was not in his right mind. And now he is dead and has no mind at all.

And the cops will not be brought up on charges. Nor will they be disciplined. Most likely they will get a raise.

It's a sad state of affairs.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
N. Tesla please be careful out there!

But seriously this tazer business seems to be getting out of hand even more. They really need to make a better safer invention.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by _Phoenix_]

im always careful when i go streaking

(hes referring to this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...)

anyway i agree with titorite hes probably on some kind of drug

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Oh my, this is a shame, there is no telling if this was a mentally Ill person, or a victim of a "mickey" and robbery, or what.

We will never get the dead man's side of the story

Worse part... The man put himself in the police car first - they told him get out and then tasered him. WTF???

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I am living for the day the tazerists taze a naked woman.
Before raping her in self defense...

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
I am living for the day the tazerists taze a naked woman.
Before raping her in self defense...

You can rape someone in self defence? I'll add that to my list.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
On Saints Row 2 it only takes two shots with a tazer to kill. But that is just an aside...

....police use the tazer to subdue people, armed or unarmed. I think it is assault, personally....but we will see what the courts say.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

It is absurd after so many cases of tazer abuse not to realize that when the policemen are told "tazers are not a deadly weapon" they feel compelled to use it extensively knowing that the person tazed will not die.

That is a very strong logic to overcome.

They will be banned soon.

new topics

top topics

join