It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Horrible 'Valkyrie' Tom Cruise's Nazi Apologia?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Say what you will about Tom Cruise’s acting in other movies; in "Valkyrie," which opened yesterday, he is awful. Amid British and European actors, Cruise stands out like a sore thumb. He doesn’t even attempt a German accent, his mannerisms are all from his "Jerry Maguire" era, and his earnestness suggests at best some kind of fictional American soldier trying to infiltrate the Luftwaffe. You knew it would be bad, and it is.

I’m more concerned that “Valkyrie” could represent a new trend in filmmaking: Nazi apologia. We know already what Valkyrie is about: a group of German soldiers who tried to assassinate Hitler in 1944 and failed. Cruise plays Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg—referred to in this film constantly as “Stauffenberg”—as if to make him sound less German or something.

www.foxnews.com...

If this isnt proof of a conspiracy to shut up anyone who trying to question the WWII era this is a prime example. This Friedman character wrote an article on Foxnews last week about the worst 10 videos of the year placing Valkyrie on there saying he hadnt seen the movie but still thought it should be on there.

Now that he has seen it he says its the worst and Cruise is trying to be a Nazi Apologist. I have some advice for people like Friedman who is concerned about anti semitism and Nazi apologists. If you want to help your cause here are a few things the Jewish people need to get straight to prevent conspiracies.

First get off this Jewish high horse. As I point out in this thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Jews mad at Madoff for his scams or more mad at him doing this to "fellow Jews" than the crime itself. This to me and many others shows an arrogance that makes it very easy to breed conspiracy.

Second get over the holocaust. I mean 60 million civilians killed 6 million of them Jews. It was a bad thing I agree and yes Hitler was a bad man, but to shut out all aspects of history as in no investigations, no investigating the status quo, or no movies about anything perceived positive about WWII era Germany and its people WILL BREED CONSPIRACY. The fact is not ALL German people were Nazi supporters. Yes it is hard to believe given the propaganda out there but it is the truth. We need to have an OPEN discussion on WWII, the causes, the affects, who gained, who lost, and other aspects. If you try to shut out this open discussion this is what you will get. Think of blacks. No offense to Jews but blacks lost more people due to slavery over time than the holocaust. For the most part they got over it right?

Jews need to accept their role. Jews own the banks, media, and entertainment industry..while most of it anyways. Instead of HIDING that fact just accept it. Hey its not a bad thing believe it or not. But with that kind of power comes responsibility and I think that needs to be understood. When someone says well yeah the Jews own those industries instead of saying "No they dont your just an anti semite" just accept it and say yea we do and this is what happens when you work your butt off and meet the right people. But there is a mentality of "keeping it in the family" that does need to end. As I pointed out in another thread this keeping it in the Jewish family mentality needs to end otherwise once again you will breed conspiracy and antisemitism.

In final please judge a movie on its merits and not because you disagree with its ideology. This is crap Bill Oreilly does on a daily basis. Creating some war that does not exist. Cruise isnt pushing pro Nazi propaganda as this tool who wrote this article would have you think. Hes just showing a little deeper aspect of the German WWII era. I havent seen the movie but I will go watch it and if its a bad movie Ill say and if its a good Ill say. Understand bad crap has happened to every group and race in history and hiding history is only going to breed conspiracies and hate. I wish I had Friedmans email cause I would send him this. Am I off base here people?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

... Amid British and European actors, Cruise stands out like a sore thumb. He doesn’t even attempt a German accent, his mannerisms are all from his "Jerry Maguire" era, and his earnestness suggests at best some kind of fictional American soldier trying to infiltrate the Luftwaffe.

We know already what Valkyrie is about: a group of German soldiers who tried to assassinate Hitler in 1944 and failed. Cruise plays Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg—referred to in this film constantly as “Stauffenberg”—as if to make him sound less German or something.

www.foxnews.com...

I hava the notion that Cruise is acting out the role as inept, unsophisticated... because that's how he sees the current American leadership which are being herded into this 2008 fascist takeover by
the Fed/Treas & the global CentralBankers...

'they' failed in 1944 to take out Hitler as he did as he pleased, because 'they' were inept and not 'driven' to save Germany

Much like the Congress IS, at this moment in history... waffling on bailouts and folding to the (alleged) threats by Paulson & Bernanke as they institute the takeover of the USA by the corporate-fascist regime...

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
the holocaust is debatable (as to if it happened, how it happened, if the numbers were wrong, etc.) in my opinion, and i dont like how jews manipulate it to their advantages

i was once arguing with this jewish guy about the Zionist/ Illuminati NWO agenda and he called me anti-semitic, then i asked him all these questions relating to conspiracy about the holocaust, and he knew close to nothing, and i told him how can you say im anti-semitic when you know hardly anything about what allows you to use that power, it was quite pathetic for him actually

Second just to put this in there i think the best word to describe hitler is not "bad" but "Great"

he may have done things that the mainstream human population perceive as "bad" or "evil", but greatness is not subject to the main stream perspective

The thing about Vakcyrie though is that in the movie they make it seem as if these Germans wanted to stop Hitler because of their moral obligations, yet they only attempt to assassinate him after the Nazi's start losing the war,

One last thing why is it that whenever i dont participate in remembrance day, people always look shocked and say if it werent for those men you'd be speaking German right now.

i mean seriously, hitler was great but he wouldn't have been able to take over the world, like come on people, and these soldiers are killing people on the battlefield which is against one of the ten commandments right? so their teaching conflicting ideologies

god people are so stupid sometimes

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Everything else aside, Tom Cruise is just not the best actor out there. Even with the best directors (Kubrick), he seems to just always come across as the affluent American frat boy. He can obviously memorize lines and is proven bankable, but it would be difficult to make a case that he's all that talented an actor.

I won't see Valkyrie because they are not speaking German with subtitles. Any film about Nazis in which they do not speak German is so foolish I couldn't stand it. Imagine a film made in Germany about Churchill and his staff and all they speak is German! Same thing as Valkyrie... silly.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Reply to Thinktanker

I actually disagree. Hitler could have taken over the world but he was stupid. He tried fighting the world all at once instead of doing it a piece at a time or dividing and conquering.

In regards to him being "great" in your words no anyone who systematically kills normal citizens in mass is not great he is a bad bad man. My beef isnt with that. My beef is with the people trying to distort history and in some cases rewrite it. Friedmans view as he states in his article that all Germans were evil is just not true. There were many people not for the Nazi cause. There is also the rewriting of history on aspects of Hitlers rise to power in the first place. What the people like Friedman dont want you to know is it was Jewish bankers who financed Hitler for financial gain. They did this even after knowing about the mass killings. Why were they not sent to trial and hung? Evil people hide behind the holocaust at the detriment of the good hardworking Jewish people. These people who claim to be Jews are not and Friedman seems to me to be one of them. One day people will wake up and people will have the balls to put aside the rhetoric. Wont be in my lifetime however.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Personally I don't care about this film for one reason and one alone, TC is in it.

I used to like him, I used to be interested in his roles. But seriously, the man is hateful.

The one thing that surprises me the most, is that Scientology has similar ideas about a "final solution" to deal with the "suppressive persons".

They'll deny it till they are blue in the face, but it is clearly stated in Scientology literature and orders written by L. Ron Hubbard himself, that SP's can be killed, and that a large percentage of the Human Race will be SP's by nature.

This is why I boycott everything related to TC or John Travolta.

It could be an amazing film, but I will never watch it out of principal.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Tom Cruise in my eyes is one of the best actors out there. Almost every movie of his is good. I cant think of to many bad movies hes done. If I looked at personal views of the people in every movie I watching I wouldnt be watching any movies. There is alot of views behind the scenes in Hollywood that would make you gag. I dont know much about scientology but I do know that they are against all these pills the government shoves down our throats. They are a little more self sufficient which in a world of dependence is a little refreshing.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
the holocaust is debatable (as to if it happened, how it happened, if the numbers were wrong, etc.) in my opinion, and i dont like how jews manipulate it to their advantages

Originally posted by tankthinker
god people are so stupid sometimes

I quite agree with your second statement.

I'm a little confused as to how the holocaust was "debatable".
What do you propose, Hundreds of thousands of people all lied about the same things?
Millions were not killed, they just changed their names?
There were not thousands of bodies found in the concentration camps?
There were not gas chambers with all evidence intact and found by the allied forces?

I'm sorry, but I think you've seen too many NWO films with warped opinions and outlandish ideas.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Old Tom is pass his prime, and not being a great actor in the first place he is heading in the same direction as Stallone and Segal did with direct to DVD movies.

As for Scientology, one needs to remember that L Ron Hubbard was mainly a science fiction writer, though most likely a genius. I read Dianetics about thirty years ago and found it interesting, but when it started to talk about a “church” and super human power etc I saw Hubbard heading in his SF direction, and it was scary to me. Some of my friends were the ones who flew the bodies out of Jones Town, so this, just as Heaven's Gate, I can see all of a sudden they do some really crazy crap. Another scary thing is they have booths at the malls and have a constant flow of people they talk to, and I can tell you, looking at who walks up to them, they do not really care to screen. In the end though I think it is all about money and power, and they want more.

As for the holocaust, it was bad, Hitler was bad, Stalin was bad etc. we still need to talk about history. If you feel the holocaust was just a small act that the Zionist used propaganda to mushroom it into six million men, women and children dead with millions more displaced with nothing to their names, then so be it. Personally I see Stalin as worst with Mao as the top evil SOB in recent times, but in any event all three were by far the most evil men on the planet. So, I really do not care to dicker over numbers for who these men were does not change no matter what numbers you use.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

He doesn’t even attempt a German accent...

www.foxnews.com...

I haven't seen the movie, and I only know of the Fox report what is quoted by the OP. but I do have a comment. Germans do not speak German with a German accent...regional and social differences notwithstanding. I wrote a moron reviewer (a reviewer of the moronic variety) at the Toronto Star a similar note when she derided the recent film The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas because none of the Germans spoke with accents.

Look to Cross of Iron...James Coburn, James Mason, et al...
No accents, but you know a high-born type by his manner of speech...in English...and same with a lower class-type.

You'd think we'd come a ways since Colonel Klink...guess not.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have actually heard that this movie is quite good. They say it shows many of the internal struggles of everyday German soldiers who knew they were following an evil psycho but had sword an oath to him. After all, Hitler really WAS almost assassinated by his own people as I'm sure no one is denying.
It's funny how when somebody finally makes a film trying to show the WWII German soldiers as anything but an army of emotionless killing machines it's called "Nazi Apologia". Meanwhile we've had decades of propaganda movies teaching us that the USA came and saved the day, conveniently forgiving that they nuked a country that was about to surrender during the same war.
Just think, if they had only placed the bomb a little closer to Hitler he would have been dead and the war probably stopped.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Only deranged people would deny the killing of 4 to 6 millions of jews. What I am appalled of is that in the minds of the friedmans and alike the above always supersedes the killing of 3 times more Slavonic people (Russian mostly) - A systematic genocide fueled by the fuehrer's own "Slavs are the compost on which the flower of the arian race will flourish"... (pardon my translation)
To those somehow believing that the US "saved the day" I can only pity your "social science" teacher(s). That war was won on the eastern front despite the best efforts of churchill and many in the US who wanted the reds to bleed to death. And by the way, if luck was not on the right side, the "great allied armies" were running the very real risk of being flushed back into the Atlantic by a few nazi divisions on that overexposed d-day... As about Japan, the carnage at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was not intended to win that war (I suppose you don't even know that the Japanese were frantically trying to surrender by then). It was an act of desperation aimed at stopping stalin's hordes against whom the "allied forces" in Europe were simply a bunch of boy scouts...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

I do not doubt that there would be many opinions I would disagree with behind the scenes in the actors/writer/producers lives. But, the support of proposed genocide takes the biscuit.
I doubt there are many people in any industry openly supporting and donating millions of $ to a hateful cult built on such insane ideals and goals.

I accept that the issuing of medication is something that needs to be addressed, but the only reason this cult addresses it is to increase their numbers and gain control of people already unstable or dejected.
It is well known that they feed off of and abuse the mentally impaired, that is the ONLY reason they are so against psychiatry.

I would rather know a schizophrenic on recognized medication, than a schizophrenic Scientologist on "vitamins"

Anyway, I agree that such history needs to be known. If you don't learn from history you are doomed to repeat it.
If a crap actor and a pandering storyline gets people interested, so be it.
It's a shame that so many people aren't more willing to be challenged by subtitles and authentic acting, and would prefer a sanitized and "Americanized" version of history, but at least it's better than nothing.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I had listened to this author who had interviewed the killer of general Patton.This man had kept his mouth shut until his deathbed because the US govt screwed him over somehow. Did you know that Allied soldiers in the german concentration camps that the Russians got to them first got sent off to russian slave camps and FDR

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
wow, jews financing hitler, tom cruise is a bad actor, 60 million people died in wwii, valkyrie is not a nazi propaganda in any shape or form, jews control the media and banks on a high horse, germans act just like other races when it comes to mass killings and social paranoia...i'm laughing already. it must be the jews!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I've never liked Tom Cruise to begin with, and then after that Opra show, that really made me dislike him. I think I watched Risky Business and that was the last Tom Cruise movie I've seen. Can't stand the guy.

On a recent tv show, they were talking about him and the guy said that Tom Cruise is too expensive now, and no one can afford to pay him what he's worth ($.01 to me!), so he chose to do Valkyrie and took a pay cut, or something along those lines.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by virraszto]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
double post removed

[edit on 15-2-2009 by virraszto]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Because his mind is screwed beyond repair by scientolgy. They stole his acting ability and his money.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Alright, let me start by making it clear that, in general, I think Tom Cruise is a twit. I am not what you would call a fan of his. That said, I also think he is a talented actor.

As for the movie, I have seen it. His acting was good. The story was good, and the movie well done, and I recommend it, highly. It is NOT some Nazi apologist film, in fact, it portrays how evil and corrupt that system is. It is historical FACT that many Germans sis not agree with what Hitler and the Nazis were doing, and that there were real attempts on his life. Germans died for this.

Was that quote from O'Reilly, or a guest? If the latter, what was Bill's reaction? Whoever made that claim was completely WRONG.

Great movie, do go and see it. If it is being attacked too much, look for the real reason.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I have to add this, after reading part of the article. The guy is flat out LYING. There were Nazi flags in plenty, and pictures of Hitler all over. I doubt he actually even watched the entire movie.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join