It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist Attack, Washington DC, Inauguration Day

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This is probably something everyone has though of, how ever my father who is EX Air Force (DIA to be exact) and now currently works for a defense contractor. Brought this up out of the blue today.

There will be millions of people going to Obamas Inauguration. DC is expecting to see up words of 10,000 bus loads of people (not a typo 10,000). The possibilities of an attack are high even though security will be tight.

It may be Osama or could even come from our own shores (white supremacists extremists). Dad also mentioned to possibility of a dirty bomb.

Now my father never seemed concerned with this type of issue before, he has an office in the Pentagon where it was hit, lucky he was in another office at the time in another building, and he never seemed concerned when the threat levels fluctuated.

Dad has several security clearances (I don't know which ones, he's not allowed to talk about it) and he didn't give much detail to his warning.

Could he possibly know something he is not supposed to talk about and that why he issued this warning to me? or Do you think he is just speculating on what could happen? What are your thought, esp if you live in the DC area?

After dad mentioned this to me my wife and I mad an escape plan, just in case.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You only have one security clearance, not several.

Based on that I believe you are making the story about your dad telling you this up.

Could it happen? Maybe.

It could also have happened at any other Presidential Inagurations. Don't worry about White Power idiots. Most of them find that suicide is a sin and you will be sent to hell. Not saying all who believe so is a racist. They wont risk going to hell over a black person. Not that Obama is black.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Really nothing to worry about.. If you're like me than you admire Obama and hope the best for him, but would it really be a surprise if some skinhead or assassin shot him dead? .. He is very similar to JFK in the charismatic sense.

IMO even though Obama got elected by about 51% of the population in the U.S, you have to remember that 49% don't want him in office and a part of that percentage believe Barack to be the anti christ because deep down they are racist people. Some even believe that he's a Muslim sleeper cell agent.. which is ridiculous to assume.. And what's wrong with being Muslim anyway?..Even if he is.. that doesn't mean that he possesses any ill intent toward America, on the contrary he's shown himself to be a calm cool and collected individual who deserves some respect at least. He has been more proper of a president-elect than W has as president. I think the shoes incident was enough of a reflection on Bush's policies and administration which eventually lead to this economic crisis.

Don't worry man, I'm sure the secret service will take good care this time..err..not so sure after the shoes incident.. what were those guys smokin in the back room while W got shoes thrown at him? .. lol they didn't even show up afterward.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Not making this up, excuse me for the error with the security Clarence, I don't know how those things work work.

So just because I made an error with security clearance protocol I'm a lier? My dad may know nothing about this and was just offering a warning just in case something does happen, based on his personal thoughts, he may not even have the clearance to have any knowledge of this. But his current job title is Defence Analyst, and I'd like to think if he did know something he would pass the warning.

Even if as you say my dad didn't tell me this, It's an interesting thought, and all I wanted was everyone's thoughts on a) Possibilities of it happing b) if you live in or around DC what would you do.

In fact if I left the facts about my father out...you would be like "well I think this this and this could happen" and would not focus on the wrong part of the story. Be cause I know what my father did (secret stuff aside) and the government office he worked for while in the AF I though maybe he might have heard something. Again I could just be his personal feelings.

[edit on 12/25/08 by Djdoubt03]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djdoubt03
Not making this up, excuse me for the error with the security clearence, I don't know how those things work work.

Your dad works at the Pentagon and you don't know how it works? You have been a member of this site and you don't know how it works? Sorry I smell BS.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I'm not going to argure with you troll, I know where my father works and who he works for. Please stick to the topic.

Does anyone think an attack will happen on Inauguration Day, and if you live in the area what would you do.

I'm mainly here for the Advanced Aircraft forum. I don't care how the security clearances work and I don't know. Yes my dad worked and the pentagon and still makes visits there. Dad never talks about his job ever.

But please stop focusing on the wrong part of the post.

[edit on 12/26/08 by Djdoubt03]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Honestly the idea of this inauguration attack thing would go right along with what Biden and Colin warned us about earlier.

But there are many theories on what they meant... But, to me it sounds like something like this is PLANNED.

There will be something bad, even if this scenario is not it.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Honestly the idea of this inauguration attack thing would go right along with what Biden and Colin warned us about earlier.

But there are many theories on what they meant... But, to me it sounds like something like this is PLANNED.

Thanks, this is exactly the type of posts I'm looking for in this thread. Not on the viability of what my father does for a living. I prob should not have included that info anyway.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I think when Biden mentioned Obama getting tested in his first six months, I believe that he was referring to the test of the American people and those who are strongly opposed to him being in office, whether it's because he's an African American or whether they think he's an outsider or whatever, the fact remains that so much pressure is on his shoulders now even though he is only pres-elect. Linking him to the blagojevic scandal for example or demanding his birth certificate by taking it to the supreme court and so on...Imagine Jan20 when he's in office.. The vultures are circling

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

my father who is EX Air Force (DIA to be exact)

What is DIA? He worked for DIA while he was in the Air Force?

No, I highly doubt there were be a terrorist attack on WDC.

[edit on 12/26/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
unless it's a "real" terrorist attack it will not happen. JFK was killed by our own because he knew too much and would'nt play ball. so give it some time for Obama to dig around a bit before the assasination attempts start.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Well, whether you meant to or not.... You made a couple great points on why the theory in the OP could be spot-on...

If a lot of people want to attack him, then why not the inauguration?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

defense intelligence agency, cia for the military.
not as scary as NSA, but their still spooks

[edit on 26/12/08 by AgentBlack]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion

Don't worry man, I'm sure the secret service will take good care this time..err..not so sure after the shoes incident.. what were those guys smokin in the back room while W got shoes thrown at him? .. lol they didn't even show up afterward.

I'm not a political person, I don't care who runs our country as long as they do a good job.

What if Obama is set up to fail, what if other sections of the Gov don't want him? What if they know of a plan or concocted one already to reenact JFK?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

my father who is EX Air Force (DIA to be exact)

What is DIA? He worked for DIA while he was in the Air Force?

No, I highly doubt there were be a terrorist attack on WDC.

[edit on 12/26/2008 by greeneyedleo]

DIA is an acronym for the Defense Intelligence Agency

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Majorion

Well, whether you meant to or not.... You made a couple great points on why the theory in the OP could be spot-on...

If a lot of people want to attack him, then why not the inauguration?

I agree, I think if an attack happens it would be some White Power group and not an quote on quote terrorist attack (well by definition it would be)

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Could he possibly know something he is not supposed to talk about and that why he issued this warning to me? or Do you think he is just speculating on what could happen? What are your thought, esp if you live in the DC area?

Can you call up ur dad and get clarification for yourself and all of us instead of just speculation?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Can you call up ur dad and get clarification for yourself and all of us instead of just speculation?

LOL...Well when he told me all this, I said do you know something you can't talk about? He said kind of walked around the question. Like I said before dad never worries, if it helps we live in Fredericksburg VA about 50 miles or so from DC...so the fact that he mentioned this is a concern to me.

If he does know something he won't and can't give details, he would lose he job and possibly end up in prison.He has to be cautious when dealing with sensitive information.

But please again lets not focus on my dad.

[edit on 12/26/08 by Djdoubt03]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I personally think Obama will be alright. If there is an assassination attempt it will most likely be thwarted, mostly because well, he's president elect. A president hasn't been shot & killed for forty years. And never before/during inauguration.

As for the crisis that some of the political powers have been talking about, Colin Powell hinted at the 22nd not the 20th. My guess is if the powers that be would orchestrate something like this they wouldn't kill a really liked president elect & a lot of his supporters would they? Could there be something bad that happens? Sure, we wont know until it happens. I sincerely hope not.

As for your Dad being in the know, it's interesting that he dropped a hint so my guess is he has heard some talk around the office about something along these lines. He probably doesn't know for sure or else he would have told you straight out, I mean you are his son.
Keep us posted.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
What really bothers the hell out of me, is how people like Biden and Colin Powell can HINT at destruction for the American people. And not tell us what is going on.

Seriously, this fact alone is terrorism in my opinion.

Can't it be treason for an American to know something bad will happen in their home country and hint at it, to terrorize us, instead of telling everyone they can and trying to prevent said danger?

EDIT to add: Telling us what the hell is going on could save lives, by having people prevent being in the middle of the action/danger.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by LostNemesis]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join