It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you hate Strippers? Why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I have to agree with the posts of some here that there is just too much hate in ATS as of late. Debate is one thing... But hate is another.

So here's my attempt to lighten things up a bit...

Do you hate strippers? I think they are just a moneypit, personally.

What do you think...

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Strippers are just there for fantasy.Of course they want your money.The more they tease the more they make.Everybody knows that.
Prostitutes on the other hand provide a service for which they are paid.At the very least prostitutes are honest about what the money is being spent for.IT's not like you have to take them for a nice dinner,drinks and a show to get where you want to go...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I am an exotic dancer and we are definitely a money pit. I always tell the girls who make rude statements about dancers that we dont want their men we want their money and that's it. Most every dancer I know is married or in a relationship and has kids. They are not all drug addicts and have issues. Some do but you get that in all work environments.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Mostly I just pity them. They don't do anything important enough to inspire hate.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

No way would I say I hate strippers, they're just doing a job that's all. In fact it ca'nt be easy taking clothes off in front of drooling men.My bod is pretty good but I would never have the confidence to do what they do.Good luck to em.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm a male stripper and I make all the old ladies' pacemakers explode.

Don't hate me.

Peace

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099
Mostly I just pity them. They don't do anything important enough to inspire hate.

Excuse me? Why would you pity me? I DONT need your pity! I would love to see you do what I do! Statements like that make me

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today
reply to post by Jkd Up

No way would I say I hate strippers, they're just doing a job that's all. In fact it ca'nt be easy taking clothes off in front of drooling men.My bod is pretty good but I would never have the confidence to do what they do.Good luck to em.

THANKS! We are just doing a job..exactly! It is really annoying at times how guys ogle at you. I mean I swear some of these guys have no life but to live in the strip club. I have seen it all believe me but then again whatever floats your boat.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I've known 2 strippers - one was a good friend

one of the nicest and most generous friends I've ever had

and a very good dancer :-)

as for strippers in general...

why would anyone hate anyone - let alone strippers?

Why would you pity me?

I'd love to hear the answer to that one myself :-)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

I know it's more a joke thread...

But, to hate any one group of people without actually knowing them or meeting them is pretty silly and shallow.

It's like saying i hate all butchers or i hate all taxi drivers...it's a generalization and a pretty silly one to be fair.

Hate the game not the player....as they say

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by Jkd Up

But, to hate any one group of people without actually knowing them or meeting them is pretty silly and shallow.

That's the main thing we ALL should always remember. I see too much generalisations and people judging people in groups instead of individuals these days, it must be human nature?

[edit on 1-4-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by Jkd Up

That's the main thing we ALL should always remember. I see too much generalisations and people judging people in groups instead of individuals these days, it must be human nature?

trying to reply to 2 posters at the same time :-)

and here's the thing - it's just dancing - nekked

:-)

WTH is the big deal?

edit to add: then I forgot to reply - you're both absolutely right

[edit on 4/1/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Definitely mate...

It's like times have changed.
It's almost now deemed cool or acceptable to be rude and judgmental and generalize... i just don't get it?

Just causes upset and division and is not good in any way.

I'd rather judge each person on an individual basis...not on a race, religion, profession,sex or whatever other basis that others deem fit to do.

I dunno....

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
and here's the thing - it's just dancing - nekked
:-)
WTH is the big deal?

Exactly....what could possibly be wrong with that...

I might have to go do some research and see if i can deduce what the issue is and draw some conclusions

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I haven't been around any in awhile but I used to be fairly often and have to say I liked them a lot generally speaking. They usually have good people skills

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Well I will have to agree that prostitutes actually perform a service physically and then get paid for it.

Strippers perform psychological service only, that plays on our fantasy. Their service is not physical. While she is working hard dancing and enticing, and this is no doubt a skill and hard work, it does not expose them to the hazards of disease risk that prostitutes expose themselves to in working with other sex partners. Also prostitutes interface with people on a more personal level due to the nature of their jobs.

Incidentally, Ishtar or Inanna was the Babylonian Whore Goddess of Fertility. She is the mostly widely acclaimed Goddess in all mythology, with different names, from Semiramis to Isis, to Lillith to Shakti to Kali to Astharte, Astorate, Venus, Aphrodite and many many more.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If I was born a fine gal instead of an ok guy...I'd be a stripper...
Hundreds of dollars an hour, for just showing the goods? Seriously?
Easy money...

Think of the free time you'd have...and the income.

I've never had a problem with nudity, never really saw the big deal...don't know why, I guess I just consider puritanical hangups as "juvenile" to be honest....

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Ha, well the answer is that I pity anyone who feels the need to sexually exploit themselves in order to pay the bills. Or whose greed for monetary gain outweighs their sense of self respect.

Not to mention the fact that the entire industry sets the notion of women's equality back at least 50 years, reducing us to once again being only the objects of men's sexual fantasy rather than intellectual equals, partners, coworkers, friends, or anything else meaningful.

Stripping is a joke on the people who do it. You made good money at the end of the night but at what cost?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38c6f7e1f406.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 4/8/2009 by sc2099]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

Everybody exploits themselves.
with strippers, it's the customers who are being exploited.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

At least that's what they tell themselves.

Like I said, I pity anyone who values themselves so little that they choose to degrade themselves just for some money, no matter what their occupation.

[edit on 4/8/2009 by sc2099]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join