It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do you want the end of the world??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I believe people enjoy talking about the unknown and speculating about what they can't control and what might happen. I vaguely remember a dream I had where I became ultra powerful and the entire Earth was an experiment to me. I ended up destroying and then recreating the whole planet and everything about 7 times before I decided to just leave it alone and watch how things unfold without interfering with the experiment. I do believe grander things are in store for mankind like establishing colonies in space and living among the stars in this galaxy and eventually others. This world will end but the human experiment can go on and on. Just think it can all start here or die here on this tiny little planet we call Earth. A human lifetime is just a tiny speck of time compared to the age of the universe. This planet we call Earth will naturally have the oceans burned off within 2 or 3 billion years as our sun expands if no one interferes with the natural course of events.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by czacza

I agree and that is why im posting becouse i love ats with all u guys just debating stuff lol

so i wanted to ask why do people want to welcome the end of the earth

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

I like how you put that

for me i just wanted to understand why people want to predict the end times i guess its silly question. for me life means alot and i try to understand it not question it.. see my posts if u wish..

But one thing that does scare me is why one woul want to prodict there own downfall?

why? im not talking about how or who im asking why someone just like me and u would post on ats the end of the world and be happy

its like they have no self worth? i mean i know im going to die so what is the differcence??

my universe my rapture will come in due time unknown to me and so will mandkinds...

why do people think they know better??

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GayManKilby2005

thats a one liner lol

xDDD hahaha

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I would like to see it end for sure.Money has taken over the planet to the point that we can't ever be free.There is a system in place that makes us all a slave.
I hate the fact I live in a world poisoned with war and hate and racial issues.
I hate how we have been trained to love a piece of clothe and fight and die for it.(like the rest of the world doesn't matter)
I would like to see this world go bye bye and a new one pop up with peaceful people.
This world is such a joke.We have golf courses to grow food for the worlds poor...yet we play golf on that land being the big fat greedy consumer who doesn't want to go without in order to help people bcuz he has his well bred sense of entitlement.
All the issues in this world could be solved...we just won't bother.
Good bye cruel world.LOL

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by theresult
I like how you put that

for me i just wanted to understand why people want to predict the end times i guess its silly question. for me life means alot and i try to understand it not question it.. see my posts if u wish..

But one thing that does scare me is why one woul want to prodict there own downfall?

why? im not talking about how or who im asking why someone just like me and u would post on ats the end of the world and be happy

its like they have no self worth? i mean i know im going to die so what is the differcence??

my universe my rapture will come in due time unknown to me and so will mandkinds...

why do people think they know better??

My brainfart about it is that we, the general populace does not want the WORLD to end as such but they want the STATUS QUO to end.

The 'control-grid' installed around us is set so tight that a world changing dramatic event is seemingly the only way, despite the chance of killing us all. It's like when a person has cancer, if discovered in time, it can be fixed relatively easy but the later it is treated the less chance of survival the patient has. Well, it seems we are a near terminal patient, the cancer has spread, so the operation will be painfull but it is seen as necesary.

People would like to take care of themselves because, well, we could do MUCH better than the way things are being done now. The ones in charge have to old mindset of controlling the masses but the masses ain't playing no more. The only thing the ones in charge know is how to control through fear and anger while we want to life in a world of logic and real personal freedom to do what is needed, yes we could be ruled but not in the old way. We need a honest, brutally honest and objective governing body and the old mindset cannot arrange that. Sure they picked it up and molded Obama as the new great thing, he ran his campaign brilliantly, playing into the emerging feeling of needed change. But i'm not convinced he brings the change needed, i suspect it are empty words. He may change some things but exactly the wrong way around, more goverment pampering, instead of more personal freedom. He even resorted to the old fearmongering as seen with his speech while compiling his cabinet in regards to security. Same old same old only a nice package. Hope i'm wrong though but not counting on it.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

alteast ur honest.

and tbh i totaly agree with ur comments.. we are in a very sad state of afairs here...

i dont wish the end of u i wish the end of the people who keep this crazy shanangins goning much like u..

sad but true and for that u get my repsect sir

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

ur fist few lines hit me.. we are in deep doo doo :// it will take alot for use to change n the end of the world thing 212 or wht ever is going to crazy to say the leas if it happns i mean we have the NWO n stuff or whatever but im into that kinda thinking "controll grid" as u said so what will it take for us to free us?? our minds? us a colective? i mean its all very odd i grant u that but the end of the world as u said can mean more than just the end of humans it can mean the end of the status qou ect ect n thats pretty scarey :///

i know this topic was about people prodicting it n taking some kinda "kudos points" from getting it right but still u hit on the head ://

is it for us to ask it becouse we are just sick of what we have become?? n we feel it inside we need to change even tho we are not willing "some" i mean most peeps on ats are very open minded and understand what is going on "the game" and hate it :/ so is the doomsday thing us wanting it change "not the end of us" but the end of how we are??

i mean i still find it depressin n stuff but im happy to read what others thinkg about it in a more mature way other than OMG WE ARE GOING TO ALL DIE "add date here" ; ) ect

my english is crap but i like how u said what u did

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

think it is mostly because we see what is going on the one we live now.

and there is another important factor (was valid since human beings). it is that with some vision of upcoming collapse, end, new begining, global disastear, or whatever you can imagine and what will have a big impact on our lives (or even end it) we are taking a distance to all everyday troubles and problems.

I think it is even a pretty good cure for all the stress we have in present times.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
It's just internet land

None of it really matters if people want to ask for spells, see bigfoot photos and pee themselves about some fantasy/imaginary planet hurtling through space at poor little earth. In internet land people make their own reality. Armchair experts, bedroom killers, space cadets and dreamers. I find it more interesting than going to a zoo. There are people on ATS and everywhere else in Internet Land with ideas that amaze me. The old saying about the glass being half empty or half full? Some see nothing but darkness and others are quite happy.

When you turn the PC off and go outside, nobody entertains these ideas of end times. If I didn't surf internet land, Id have no idea that the world is gonna end in 3 years. I only read the 'end times' threads to see how 2+2 can somehow =389561325. You've gotta admit, a lot of misdirected intelligence goes into avoiding basic reality and swapping it for a 3ton pile of horsemanure

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I don't want the end of the world

I just want the end of this monstrosity of 'civilization' which is killing planet Earth...

I want the end of all the hypocrisy, lies, murder, pillaging, poisoning, selfishness, arrogance, etc...

I think that this world would be a much better place without this human malignant tumor

even a cockroach knows how to live in equilibrium with it's surroundings, hence showing a lot more intelligence than humans

luckily for me, it seems that my wishes will be fulfilled sooner then I imagined, the tumor is dying, civilization is sinking, matrix is corrupted...

bye

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I dont want the end of the world!!! I just want an empty city where I can get my Aston Martin Vanquish just by going into that empty AM seller and pick the one I like and drive it maddly across the city with noone around!

Oh yea... and some other stuff too...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join