It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do you want the end of the world??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I read ats alot and i understand world affairs but jeez some people on here just love to say OMG WE ARE DOOOMED..

I mean cmon?? is that the only thing you can muster up in your sad life that we are going to all go down in a blaze of glory or something?

Just look at some of the threads on here its totaly amazing that people bask in the glory of wanting or atleast hoping for the destruction of mankind...

Im not talking about aliens or anunkai n all that stuff but please can someone tell me why people post stuff that is like some crappy advert on the telly for the end of the world?

god i feel like im living with a bunch of wanna be kill mysefls when i come in here somtimes

makes me wanna cry reading half the stuff people shell out

war war war iluminati n all that crud??

I BLAME YOU yea thats right I BLAME U for letting all this happen you the guy who posted the crap about the end of the world theory i mean how stupid can u be to want to enjoy posting such balls??? lol

nothing better to do than want the end of the world to happen or something or do u get a kick out of the sheer lack of brains we show as a human race and make it FUN to talk about it.

IM SICK OF IT I REALLY AM.. sad and pathetick

i had to rant and to the mods tbh ban me again but some of the things posted on here is just so dumb its like.. well "snip"...

i joined ats to talk to open minded people about life not about the death of it.. all i see is doom and gloom..

and for the people who post stuff that makes it fun.. heres a tip go look at some green stuff like trees ect you stay in way to much :|

sorry but i had to rant on this as its all over ats and nothing about things that are even factual

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
People have been talking about the end times since the minute Jesus was killed.

There was a man in Judea that spent the lat 30 or so years of his life watching from the edge of a city for the end to come as soon as he could get there after the crucifiction.

I've heard the end was coming all my life and I am old as dirt.

I do believe hard times are coming but not the end of mankind anytime soon.

The threads about the end times are interesting but have no influence on my beliefs.

I don't agree with everything said on ATS but I would be like a lost puppy without my ATS fix everyday.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I know I love ats for the openess of it about tech or theroy stuff, but this doom and gloom 2012 n stuff like that just makes me think ??

why would u welcome it? why post it like its fun? why would anyone want to usher in the end of the world as we know it and post it like there smart??

its mental tbh.. i mean sure yea the world is harsh and so is life but posting it like ur in the know when ur not is gloryfying irnorange let alone stupidity

I just "dont" understand why someone would post such dumb stuff and so negitive at that.. its very depressing to read for a start! and then think of the logic of it? OH hey guess what the worlds going to end 2moro god told me.. oh blah whatever.. im going to die so like i give a rats "snip"...

brainwashed sheep...

[edit on 24-12-2008 by theresult]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

check the side bar here

"why do u hate ekimos?"

i mean it has more of a repsonse than a normal topic like say are aliens real?? what gives?? LOL

can someone make thred that not totaly pointless please or ateast mind tingiling

gohsts aliens top secret projects or even con trails alteas that a debate

same with doom an gloom its just so stupid n pointless

THE WORLD WILL END.. when u die get a grip people.. sheesh lol

its like they are wishing for the end of the world just so they and so NER NER "lil fat gid from the simpsons" thats what i think every time i read stuff

I told u the world was going to end OHHH REALLY and now it matters coz we are all dead good on ya smart "snip" ...

stupid n pointless ...

[edit on 24-12-2008 by theresult]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by theresult
I read ats alot and i understand world affairs but jeez some people on here just love to say OMG WE ARE DOOOMED..

war war war iluminati n all that crud??

I BLAME YOU yea thats right I BLAME U for letting all this happen you the guy who posted the crap about the end of the world theory i mean how stupid can u be to want to enjoy posting such balls??? lol

nothing better to do than want the end of the world to happen or something or do u get a kick out of the sheer lack of brains we show as a human race and make it FUN to talk about it.

IM SICK OF IT I REALLY AM.. sad and pathetick

what do you expect??

it's ATS man!..

if you're looking for something else you should go to a different forum.

I hear THIS FORUM is looking for like minded folk.

you're gonna get every type of conspiracy theory on ATS, from faery people to the end of the world.. to faery people plotting the end of the world.

get used to it.

-

[edit on 24-12-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I get what ur saying here but dont u think its abit like mental to try and prodict ur own downfall?

I mean lets look at some of the things people dream up here

super massive blackhole death
The return of the one "whoever that is"
Death by "whatever"

I just find it strange that people would want to welcome it and they are its like "i told u so" kinda thing.. i told u the world is going to end and i was right??

thats like me prodicting the end of my life.. try telling someone that and get a response..

I know ats is for everyone like me and you to debate things but i just see so much doom stuff its unreal its like an apademic on here more so coz of the 2012 thing an the myan calander.. but still why do people embrace it??

i dunno just think the end of the world is crap.. the end of my world ends when i wont be here..

i could get gassed like the jews i could get shot i could starve to death like some poor african kid or anyone who dont get the chances i have in life to be here as long as i have..

its like fox news of doom n gloom and its pathetic

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
it probably validates their delusions or they need something to fill their mundain boring lives. kinda like how we might watch a movie for entertainment, they do the same with these prophecies / alien visitation / ghosts / god stories.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
How about looking at it as not the end of the world, but a begining of a new world instead? I dont mind getting rid of all the current garbage going on and ending that kind of world to make way for a new better world.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
It may be not wanting for the end of the world but the perpetual fearmongering all over MSM is just having a blow-back. Everyone has a breakingpoint where they say 'Ok, get it over with, put your money where your mounth is and get it on [female dog]'

This is the moment. It could be planned or it could be unforseen by the ones spreading the hate/fear, i hope the last because a people not fearing death could be uncontrollable.

If you get threatened daily by some bully every day for a long time there comes a time you just pound him in the nuts and spit in his face no matter the consequenses.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I understand what u mean and we have all that we only have to read threads on here about it..

but why do people want to prove the life we live will end?? i mean hey its crap "look at the bailouts" but being smart and predeciting things is like different in the sens that like yeah we are here n i dunno whats gunna happen in life kinda thing but i will never make a post about the end of the world or claim to know it..

its like some peeps are thrilled to want it to happen? i dunno its just wack and i see it alot on at "2012" some say its our awakeing ect some say its the end of mankind, n tbh i dont know and they dont :/

i just find it odd that people are willing to post things so negitive n its bad for us u "some" that we post it and get some kinda kick out of trying to say omg i know the dat we are all going to die the myans told us!! kinda thing.

very depressing

I dont know just like the next guy i read alot and i love reading ats but jeez sometimes its so depressing reading that people want the end of the world just for a star on the thread.

how low how we become
"some"

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

As mentioned, the Human race has always imagined what the "End of the World" will look like.
It's in our nature to think about such things.

Perhaps it is another way to balance out the world? If we didn't have people making such outlandish claims, maybe the Nazi's would have succeeded in wiping several populations from the Earth.

Jewish leaders and allied forces during WW2 listened to countless stories about what was happening in the concentration camps, there were many witnesses who said exactly what was happening, and they told plenty of people. They tried to explain the scale of it, the industrialization of it.
And even while bombs were falling all over Europe and life was nothing like it had been before the war, those same people still refused to accept what they were being told.
(Note: I am not using this to connect the radical FEMA/Rex84/NWO scenario here, just making a very appropriate comparison to denial and refusal to accept what is going on right in front of you)

We have to accept that right now we are in an unprecedented time of global power shifting, instability in every nation, financial crisis and a tumult of backward stepping in the freedoms and liberties of the average citizen.

In the last eight years Bush has moved in great strides to limit the freedoms of the American people. There is documented evidence that Bush has systematically implemented a level of control never before so easily accepted by the people. I'm not saying that other governments haven't tried or actually managed to gain such powers too, but this is the first time it has been shown and proven.

There is evidence that Bush threatened Martial Law if certain agreements were not made in a closed session. People within that meeting have openly stated that they were shocked at what they had been told.

I fully accept that some are fed up with wild speculation and repeat threads about doom and gloom, and I don't accept a lot unless I see a good deal of evidence to back it up (which is often lacking).
But you know what? If you are that fed up, you don't have to open the thread, you don't have to read the discussion and you don't have to take part in it, even to say how annoyed you are that people are again discussing it.

I'm fed up with all the gay-bashing threads started by religious nutcases, and now I choose to ignore most of them because they are not worthy of my attention.

But in all honesty, there is a lot going on right now that would suggest there is a lot to be worried about. So I'll keep looking for information and learning what others think.

You choose to read the threads. No one is forcing you to.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I totally agree with the OP. I've gotten caught up in things a couple times, (almost seem happier that I "know" than I am sad that we're all fooped. It's human nature, I think. I wonder what emotional/moral "surface" this type of action massages? Pride or self worth, I think it is when you get down to the root. Anyways, just sayin' I know what you're sayin'

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Well i read alot about mind controll n sometimes i wonder if this end of the world thing is subliminal or something..

i dont know its just strange that some people want to be proved right about the rapture..

I know its going to happen !!! whoever whatever reason just seems crazy to me coz i love life and all its oddness and i know we get shafted by things we dont know or can controll but it dont mean i want it to end :/

maybe im just ranting about something thats pointless just like the end of the world but its depressing alot..

the people who try to say omg earth will end in 10 days aint got a clue just like me and whoever is posting "kudos"..

is that some mental thing or just are they trying to pove a point they dont know?? weather that be myans ect ect

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
How about looking at it as not the end of the world, but a begining of a new world instead? I dont mind getting rid of all the current garbage going on and ending that kind of world to make way for a new better world.

Cheers!!!!

This too.

I don't really like the world we are now living in. I don't enjoy the pollution, the attitudes of the masses, the idiocy and the corruption and control of governments.

I'd gladly see all of that gone.

Maybe that's another reason for the supposed glee in end of the world theories? People just want to hit the reset button.
Any number of the most popular theories would allow people more freedom, start again and without the controlling government to dictate and control them.
That would be a lovely bi-product for me.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

thanks for that mate i know my rant is a rant but it just seems odd and iv only just noticed it being on ats i guess how much doom and gloom there is :/

We all read stuff about ufos and what not but the end of mankind?? and trying to prodcit it like its something u can say AHH see i was right makes no sens?

i mean who are the guys/gals they are going to say "i was right too" if we are all dead? lol

seems very unlogical ://

i dunno just makes me wonder if its in the mind and that people want it becouse they have nothing postive to think about..

no matter how dire life is im greatfull for being here and im aware of many things just like many fellow ats'ers and we all love a good debate on subjects.. but predicting the end of the world and posting it is insane
and depressing...

we are great as humans we have our misshaps but cmon guys dont post about it all ending its so sad :/// more so becouse the peeps who post it aint got any more of a a clue thant me or "whoever" :/

be postive!!! not doom n gloom and i know that sounds silly but .. i trust u guys and gals to understand what im sayin here

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Nothing subliminal about it. Look at the news, look at the series on the tube, look at the movies. What is the main theme? War, death, suffering and all that crap. it's not subliminal, it's just a main theme for years. End of the world movies are popping out in the dozens, post apocalyptic movies are big business, are they big business because we love em or do we love em because they keep getting scooped up all the time? chicken > egg story. Good news is no news, happy movies are boring and do not get a big audience, is it because we don't like them to begin with or are we being 'trained' that way?

I'm thinking that our taste is following the movies and not the other way around. It's just what we are used to see and we are creatures of habit.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I think u get what im sayin when i ask this.. is it in our nature? u know reset n stuff to say.. we need to change??

I mean hey i dont want to see the end of the world ect but i do want humans or mankind ect "add everything" to chance becouse lets face it its totaly crap what we do and how we do it..

maybe the myans was right and its about us as understanding and not the end of the world "rapture" ect i think i would like that more tbh the us being one coz ur my borthers n sisters we all have fun when we go out to clubs we all have friends...

we are disconnected in alot of ways and i wish we wasnt :/ but i hope with time we can be "dont include ceos " lol i cant get that part out my head but u get the point..

we need to be a colllective again i think n stop going on about our demise so much its totaly depressing

n thanks for taking the time to post

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

And that what scares me :/ are we as people "slaves" coz thats what we are being fed this to.. well i dunno really

its just all this end of the world thing what does it mean?

I think about things just as much as u guys read and interested in all kinda manner of things and thats a good thing but why the end of man and thats what it is really..

Are the guys who run the show saying end of MAN as we know us today? i dunno coz tbh i dont know
i try to understand but i have no proof so i cant say.. but for a person to post on ats the predeiction of our own demise seems phycotic :|

i dunno im just confused "sorry for crappy spellings ect"

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
it is a forum where you write stuff like this. and the possibility of world to end and how it can happen is pretty popular topic to disscuss IMO. espacialy here on ATS. I have no idea what is your problem about it.

if you do not like it so just ignore it, and post in other threads (there is for sure much more on another subjects). or move to the website. but let others post what they are focused on.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   

The 'sanest' explanation about the 2012 is that it brings a new awareness into being. In a sane world this awareness is able to grow in a certain time on it's own. In a bottom up controlled world that is, in this top down controlled world the status quo is coveted above all else. No one at the top wants a new situation but holds on to the gathered control for dear life.

This is part of the problem, a big part of the world is getting this nagging feeling of doing it wrong, when left in thought about this people will figure it out and start living in a more true way to their feeling, that is part of for example the newest and biggest credit-crisis. Keep us occupied with external factors of life instead of that nagging feeling in the back of our heads. most people write the nagging feeling of as fear for the times to come while it doesn't have to be that in the first place but is only overshadowed by said fear.

One good thing about it, it's not something that can be STOPPED, delayed yes but in the long run it is inevitable but the ones at the top don't realize it or underestimate the power of this change in mentality, it may take decades but like a river is able to create canyons we are able to harmonize our internal views with the world outside. It's all good in the end.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join