It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the true meaning of xmas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
well i guess everyone has their own idea of what the true meaning of xmas is, so i'll tell you what mine is.

it has nothing to do with christianity or any other religion for that matter.
for me its 100% nothing whatsoever to do with religion.

the true meaning of xmas is friends and family sharing quality time together around a selection of foods you can pick and choose from but it doesnt have to be extravagent.

and it is also sharing that same spirit with others. Our family has from time to time had what i guess you would call aquaintances come and join us.
Like this year, a guy from work says he doesnt like xmas because its boring and he doesnt have friends or family that he visits.
he watches his daughter unwrap the presents and then its just another boring day for him.

so we invite him and his daughter around for lunch and/or dinner if he likes too. if youve ever been to our xmas lunch/dinner you'd know that we have far too much good food for everyone to snack on all day and we all end up taking some left overs home so another mouth or two wont matter.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
so whats the true meaning of xmas to you?

and how does your family do things?

my brothers and i all have our own familys so we start a list at our parents house and you have to right 5 things you want for xmas, no more than about $50ea and everyone else picks something to get you from that list so you get something you want but its still a surprise and within budget.

we each rotate who does the all day xmas feast. one year its our house, the next my parents, another my brothers.
it shares the load and expense and gives you years notice to save a cupla hundred to cover food.

food doesnt have to be extravagent for expensive. a wide variety of cheeses, cold + hot meats, roast veg and some simple desert is more than adequate.

all eaten out doors around a table in the sun, laughing and chatting away.

the simple things in life are often the best

keep xmas simple "keep it real"

have a merry XXXmas and a happy new year

[edit on 23/12/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Heres one theory..................................

Linus Christmas Monologue

new topics

join