It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gangster, Criminal Police! How they effect you, me and everyone.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Please read entire post before commenting, thanks.

In light of recent articles such as the Augusta Riots and Kop Busters, Reverse Sting and many others I have noticed a there seems to be a great divide between people who reply.

The two parties seem to be, those who support the actions of the police, and those who feel they have abused their powers.

From personal life experience, I feel that the people who support the actions of gangster police, are those who have never had to deal with the police in a manner which did not favor them. The others, have definitely had some experience with the cops that have changed their mind to a state which they distrust the police.

To start, in the numerous times I have had to deal with the police in my life, they are NEVER there when you need them, and when you don't need them they're always there. My father was murdered 16 years ago, in march and to this day it's unsolved. 16 years ago, there was 2 suspects in the murder, since then one has past away, the other has never been charged.

Why? Well, perhaps it was cause my father wasn't the most upstanding citizen. But isn't justice promised to all?

It's a shame that citizens now feel they must protect themselves and their property, cause they know that after the crime has been committed, it will take awhile for the cops to get there, and even longer (if ever) that they catch the guy.

So for that critical time, where you have an invader in your house, or that gun to your head, what do you do?

People on this forum also seem to view drug stories with the sense that "oh well these people are bad, and the cops just did what they had to do" and the ends justify the means.

I want to show, how dangerous that mind set is, and how the actions of police today are conditioning us to submit, NO MATTER THE SITUATION, whether we are at fault or not, or face repercussions.

GANGSTER, CRIMINAL POLICE

That is highlighted in the thread Police get the wrong house in Galveston if you read the thread, the Police accidentally go to the wrong house, during the raid they arrest a 12 year old girl, with great force, along with her father. ALL BY ACCIDENT.

Three weeks later, according to the lawsuit, police went to Dymond's school, where she was an honor student, and arrested her for assaulting a public servant. Griffin says the allegations stem from when Dymond fought back against the three men who were trying to take her from her home. The case went to trial, but the judge declared it a mistrial on the first day, says Griffin. The new trial is set for February.

"I think we'll be okay," says Griffin. "I don't think a jury will find a 12-year-old girl guilty who's just sitting outside her house. Any 12-year-old attacked by three men and told that she's a prostitute is going to scream and yell for Daddy and hit back and do whatever she can. She's scared to death."

ARRESTING THE GIRL WEEKS LATER FOR ASSAULT ON A PEACE OFFICER WHEN IN HER MIND, SHE WAS FIGHTING FOR HER LIFE! ALL AGAINST AN INNOCENT CITIZEN!

Now, what would you do? Imagine that setting, your minding your business outside your house when three unidentified men run up and GRAB YOU forcefully beating you, and trying to take you away. What do you do? Submit and go?

Or do you fight back FOR YOUR LIFE?

All this is according to a lawsuit filed in Galveston federal court by Milburn against the officers. The lawsuit alleges that the officers thought Dymond, an African-American, was a hooker due to the "tight shorts" she was wearing, despite not fitting the racial description of any of the female suspects. The police went to the wrong house, two blocks away from the area of the reported illegal activity, Milburn's attorney, Anthony Griffin, tells Hair Balls.

Are you guys getting this? Absolutely NO EVIDENCE that this little girl did anything wrong, she was just black, and wearing tight shorts. So shes a criminal prostitute.

We have situations like this occuring EVERY DAY! Then people come to this forum and participate in threads like the Augusta Riots (linked multiple times) and they wonder, WHY ARE THESE AFRICAN AMERICANS RIOTING? THE POLICE WERE DOING THEIR JOB!

And that right there, is the whole problem. These people KNOW how the police operate, how they falsify and perjure their reports to get guaranteed convictions. FRAMING innocent people, to fill quotas. This is not speculation, THIS IS REALITY PEOPLE!

Sure, maybe this doesn't happen in your posh, predominantly, white suburb, but it does happen many other places across the US EVERY DAY!

So when your on your front lawn, and a van pulls up and 3 men jump out and start dashing towards you, are you going to turn around, lay down and put your hands behind your back? Are you a criminal, do you deserve that?

Another dangerous mind-set I have witnessed is people automatically agreeing with the police statement and never questioning anything. What the police say, is what happened, no debate.

That mind set can be witnessed repeatedly in the Augusta Riots thread.

Noone wants to ask why these events occured to begin with, they want to simply argue about what has happened and how the people involved reacted since the incident.

Now, I want to immediately say that I do not condone the rioting that has taken place. It's obvious to me, and im sure most will agree that rioting solves nothing.

But WHY! WHY DOES THIS STUFF HAPPEN? The answer is the growing contempt for law enforcement. So why, again, WHY is there contempt for the law?

Lets start by looking at some cases of police brutality. Thanks to ThisGuyRightThere for the following links.

Traffic stop rape

Cruiser Rape

Traffic stop rape 2

Traffic stop abortion, illegal search and seizure.

Continued Next post.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Another serious case of Police mis-conduct took place in 1992, with the MURDER of multi-millionaire Donald Scott at his residence. Wiki Source Other Source

Early on the morning of Oct. 2, 1992, 31 officers from the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department, Drug Enforcement Administration, Border Patrol, National Guard and Park Service came roaring down the narrow dirt road to Scott's rustic 200-acre ranch. They planned to arrest Scott, the wealthy, eccentric, hard-drinking heir to a Europe-based chemicals fortune, for allegedly running a 4,000-plant marijuana plantation. When deputies broke down the door to Scott's house, Scott's wife would later tell reporters, she screamed, "Don't shoot me. Don't kill me." That brought Scott staggering out of the bedroom, hung-over and bleary-eyed -- he'd just had a cataract operation -- holding a .38 caliber Colt snub-nosed revolver over his head. When he pointed it in the direction of the deputies, they killed him.

Keep in mind, these police have no actual evidence that he has a marijuana farm. But they are fully armed, raiding his house.

Later, the lead agent in the case, sheriff's deputy Gary Spencer and his partner John Cater posed for photographs arm-in-am outside Scott's cabin, smiling and triumphant, says Larry Longo, a former Los Angeles deputy district attorney who now represents Scott's daughter, Susan.

Proud, PREDATORY POLICE pose for pictures with their “CATCH”.

Despite a subsequent search of Scott's ranch using helicopters, dogs, searchers on foot, and a high-tech Jet Propulsion Laboratory device for detecting trace amounts of sinsemilla, no marijuana --or any other illegal drug -- was ever found.

Wait, after murdering the guy, they didn’t even find him doing anything illegal? Oh, damn. It was later found that the police were attempting to seize the property using asset forfeiture laws as a way to get his property for FREE, because he would not sell his property to the government, so they could expand a park. Its this same abuse that finds ordinary citizens forfeiting small amounts of cash to the police under suspicion of it being DRUG RELATED. Since the costs of a lawyer to fight the case are exponentially larger than the original loss, noone can fight them.

In asset forfeiture cases, you are GUILTY until proven innocent, not the other way around like we are told. This is not the US that you guys were promised by your fore-fathers.

So all the people of this forum who endorse the abuse of powers by the police, what if that was you? Would you still feel the same way? No, you would be dead. With no chance to argue for YOUR JUSTICE! By then, it’s too late.

People, we live in a society where you can be imprisoned without charges, without EVER seeing a lawyer. How would you feel, after 40 years of dedicated service to your country as an upstanding citizen, to find yourself on the inside of a cell for something YOU NEVER DID!

I know, you guys cant seem to put yourselves in those peoples shoes, so its hard to imagine. But please try.

Police Brutality

Police take Advantage of drunk girl

Police shot protestor, then laughed

VPD Police Brutality – Racist and Sexist

The articles are endless, and they only highlight the problem that police operate with impunity and abuse their power far more than they are actually CAUGHT FOR, it’s only when they are caught that we get to read the article. How many thousands, if not millions of times have police ABUSED their power, and justice is never achieved for the victim?

Maybe that’s why, there is such contempt for law enforcement, especially in areas of excess poverty and minorities. Where citizens are targeted, and have no legal means to defend themselves against injustice by police.

Joseph McNamara, Ex Police chief of Kansas City and San Jose says it best.

...Both of these bellicose units were formed [LAPD CRASH TEAM, and NYPD Street Crimes unit], in part, because there are no victims or witnesses in drug crimes as there are in murders, rapes, and assaults. Thus, many cops, with encouragement from their superiors to produce the arrests demanded by city hall, began to regard everyone in certain neighborhoods as suspects. In 1968 in Terry v. Ohio, the US Supreme court approved letting officers frisk people under questioning for suspicious actions in the interests of officers safety. The court permitted an external 'pat down' for weapons, but not a search for drugs. Nevertheless, millions of times a year in the name of the war on drugs, police officers do illegally search people and, when they discover drugs, perjure themselves so that the evidence is admissible. These police FELONIES have become so commonplace that they have found their way into police jargon. In the NYPD, cops joke about 'TESTILYING' instead of TESTIFYING. In the LAPD, it is laughed at as 'JOINING THE LIARS CLUB'.

These aggressive tactics have not conquered the drug problem, but throughout the nation they have provided an umbrella under which some cops have become BADGE CARRYING GANGSTERS, committing THOUSANDS of crimes such as murders, kidnappings, armed robberies, stealing and selling drugs, and framing people. The results have been devastating to the victims, to minority communities, and to honest cops.
Guilty cops, after being caught in predatory felonies, rationalize their conduct. They dehumanize the 'enemy'. New York cops call their victims 'mutts' and 'scum'. While members of the LAPD refer to them as 'assholes' or 'dirtbags'. The rogue cops universally talk about a sense of street justice permeating their departments. "The ends justified the means. These were bad guys. We did what we had to do to get them.' As one convicted sergeant put it.

Continued Next post.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by king9072]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

The public does not realize that police drug gangsterism is not just a local problem, but has become a NATIONAL EPIDEMIC. The police code of silence and tendencies of police chiefs and mayors to put a DAMAGE CONTROL SPIN ON SCANDALS have obscured the magnitude of police drug-related crimes. Assurances that only a few cops are involved and that action has been taken so that it can "NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN" reassure citizens. But the ugly truth is that the confrontational style of policing illustrated by NY and LA, permits the gangster cops to go on with their crimes for years. One of the great ironies is that some of the worst gangster cops are far from rotten apples. They have outstanding arrest records and own more commendations than their fellow officers do. Otherwise-honest cops and even superiors hesitate to report gangster cops, because all too often the message from city hall is one of law and order and denial of police misconduct. Whistle-blowers are more likely to be FIRED THAN REWARDED.

Thankfully, the nation is recent years has enjoyed welcome decreases in crime, and fewer police officers have been slain in the line of duty. A booming economy, the decline of the crack coc aine market, and demographics probably had as much to do with it as the police. And crime decreased in large cities such as San Jose and San Diego, which rejected abrasive police methods in favor of working in partnership with neighborhood groups to reduce disorder and crime. WHERE POLICE CRIME FLOURISHES IT CAN ONLY CREATE DISRESPECT FOR THE LAW AND POLICE, AND CREATE MORE CRIME.

DRUGS AND THE FALSE WAR THAT MAKES EVERY CITIZEN AN ENEMY

The other side of the coin of police mis-conduct is the so called “War on Drugs”. The war on drugs was simply a PR move for Nixon while running for president. He wanted to appear “Tough on CRIME!”.

Excerpt from Jack Coles essay written for LEAP. Retired after 26 years of being a Detective Lieutenant for New Jersey State Police, 12 of those years he served as a NARC.

…. My drugs of choice were alchohol and tobacco. By the age of 14 my friends and I were getting falling down drunk about once a week, and I smoked two packs of cigarettes a day for over 15 years, but alcohol and tobacco were legal. “DRUGS” were the illegal ones – the ones that I would never use. Actually, alcohol and tobacco are the TWO WORST drugs anyone can use – 56 times as many people in the US die as a result of using all the illegal drugs combined. Each year in America, thanks to the LEGAL cigarette industry, 430,000 people die from smoking. Thanks to the LEGAL liquor industry, another 110,000 people die from ingesting alchohol, while 12,000 people die each year as a result of all illegal drugs COMBINED. And there are no deaths recorded caused by the ingestion of MARIJUANA.

….

Unbeknownst to my bosses or me was the fact that much of the drug war had already been based on inflated statistics, fabrications, and outright lies before we ever got involed.

Despite Nixon’s assertion to the pre-election Disneyland crowd that drugs were “decimating generations of Americans,” drugs were so tiny a public health problem that they were statistically insignificant: far more Americans choked to death on food or died falling down stairs as died from illegal drugs.

In fact, if the diary of Nixons Chief of Staff, H.R. Haldeman is to be believed, Haldeman reported that during a meeting with Nixon in 1969, Nixon emphasized, “You have to face the fact that the whole problem is really the blacks. The key is to devise a system that recognizes this all while not appearing to.” The system they devised was the War on Drugs, and for Nixon’s purposes, he could have hardly hoped for more. The war on drugs has spawned the most RACIST laws seen in the US since the 1896 Supreme court ruling of “separate but equal” in Plessy v. Ferguson.

So we have “WAR” started against the American people, as a simple PR move to get into office by Nixon.

DrugSense.org has many alarming statistics.

Arrests for drug law violations in 2008 are expected to exceed the 1,889,810 arrests of 2006. Law enforcement made more arrests for drug law violations in 2006 (13.1 percent of the total number of arrests) than for any other offense.

Someone is arrested for violating a drug law every 17 seconds.

CANNABIS!

Police arrested an estimated 829,625 persons for cannabis violations in 2006, the highest annual total ever recorded in the United States, according to statistics compiled by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Of those charged with cannabis violations, approximately 89 percent, 738,915 Americans were charged with possession only. An American is now arrested for violating cannabis laws every 38 seconds.

For me, this is by far the most alarming statistics of all. I have witnessed the destruction of Cocaine, Heroin, Meth, and every other drug. They suck the soul of the user out of their body, leaving them empty with nothing to live for.

Cannabis on the other hand, is not that way. I have personally used it in the past, the effects were mild, I felt - if anything - more docile, happy, and pains seemed to fade away.

Tell me this, if it is such a hardcore drug as TPTB suggest, why is there no STONED TANKS, like we have drunk tanks? Anyone who has ever been to a bar, has witnessed the numerous NEGATIVE effects of alcohol, yet Cannabis is illegal and carries none of those effects.

And even though I tried marijuana several times at a younger age, I NEVER felt addicted, and never chose to use it at anytime in the past few years.

Excerpt from The New Prohibition:

Since 1992, approx. 6 million Americans have been arrested for Marijuana charges, a greater number than the entire population of Alaska, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, and Wyoming combined. Nearly 90% of these arrests were for simple possession, not cultivation or trafficking. During the same years arrests for Cocaine and heroin, have sharply declined, indicating the increased enforcement of marijuana laws is being achieved at the expense of enforcing laws against the possession and traficing of more dangerous drugs.

Continued Next Post

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
6 Million people, now with criminal records, having a harder time to find a job, possibly losing the right to vote. All because of a ‘drug’ that the governments own statistics show is HARMLESS, in relation to many other drugs, both LEGAL AND ILLEGAL.

These people, then sit in prison for these ridiculous charges, leaving kids at home with either 1 or both parents NOT AROUND TO SUPERVISE. These kids then turn to a life of crime and drugs to deal with their issues.

According to ssw.unc.edu...

There may be as many as 2 million children in the U.S. who have one or more parents in prison or jail. That's close to two out of every 100 children (Wright & Seymour, 2000).

Research indicates these children are traumatized by separation from their parents, confused by the parent's actions, and stigmatized by the shame of their parent's situation. Deprived of income and guidance, these children are vulnerable to poverty, to stressful shifts in caregivers, separation from siblings, and other family disruptions.

So which is the higher social cost, the use of the drug, or the laws that imprison those who use it? I think the answer is clear.

After an exhaustive, federally commissioned, study by the National Academy of Sciences institute of Medicine (IOM) in 1999, examining all of marijuanas health risks, the authors concluded, “Except for the harms assosciated with smoking, the adverse effects of Marijuana use are within the range tolerated for other medications.” (It should be noted that many risks assosciated with marijuana and smoking may be mitigated by alternative routes of administration such as vaporizations.) The IOM further added, “There is no conclusive evidence that Marijuana as commonly used in the community is a major casual factor for head, neck, or lung cancer.

With gangster police administering racist, unjust drug laws that target ordinary citizens, who have done NO harm to anyone but possibly themselves, and attacking people who have done nothing wrong, how is anyone supposed to trust the police?

How in the society we live in, where we can be put in prison with out a lawyer (yayyy patriot act) indefinitely, can we stand by and say nothing when issues of police brutality, mis-conduct, and perjury, run rampant?

If people of this forum, do not want to investigate WHY crimes happen, and rather the details of what did happen, people will start to realize that the underlying causes of the crime we see around us is thanks to nothing else but the unjust laws that we live our lives by.

Over 80% of serious crimes in this country are committed because of the prohibition of drugs. NOT because of the drugs themselves. And while millions of your fellow citizens are imprisoned and have their lives ruined over simple possession… THE GOVERNMENT GETS RICH!

Check out ZueZZ's thread about CIA Drug running, he says it better than I can here.

Maybe they haven’t come after you yet with their unjust and biased laws, but they will someday. Welcome to the police state, do your part to Deny Ignorance, and ask WHY these atrocities occur.

I was once told to always end with a quote, cause chances are, someone has said it better in the past.

"In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;
And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;
And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;
And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

(Please forgive spelling and grammatical errors, cause after two hours of writing, I don’t feel like proof reading :p )

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Long time have the hard working people been squeezed between the two battling adversaries with no benefit. Military industrial Complex and terrorists are the same thing. Just different scales.

Love thy neighbor.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
hi king9072- I agree with you on everything you said about this problem in America. I get so mad over here in my stomping grounds over this stuff almost daily! My blood just boils and I am afraid what I might do if they try that mess on me. It has happened a few times( on my son's- just to get at me) but I guess they know I would probably snap on their as---- if they came in my face with their 'off the book' tactics. It really gets to me and I have to really try to control my anger when it comes to this. (BTW, it helps to have some dirt on these bad boys!)

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by imysbbad
hi king9072- I agree with you on everything you said about this problem in America. I get so mad over here in my stomping grounds over this stuff almost daily! My blood just boils and I am afraid what I might do if they try that mess on me. It has happened a few times( on my son's- just to get at me) but I guess they know I would probably snap on their as---- if they came in my face with their 'off the book' tactics. It really gets to me and I have to really try to control my anger when it comes to this. (BTW, it helps to have some dirt on these bad boys!)

Hey imysbbad, your right this stuff is disgusting. I have been the subject of police prejudice myself, after having a seriously disgusting event take place concerning the police I have lost all respect for them, and hold them in high contempt for their actions not only on a local level, but on a national level.

The experience that jaded me.

April 10th, 2008, marked the 2nd anniversary of my brothers passing. He was killed tragically in a car accident, at the age of 16.

On the second anniversary, as we did the year past, upwards of 50 people came to the spot where the accident occured, on the side of the road. There is an entrance to a residential complex right at the spot, so we were not on the road we were off to the side.

About 30 minutes after being there, a police car rolled up. The officer jumped out saying "You know, I have an idea why you guys might be here, am I right?" we assured him that he was correct, and we were here to pay tribute to the fallen children.

He quietly got back into his car and left. Everything was great. About another 30 minutes passed before another officer arrived, this time a large, short-haired, female offcier, with something to prove. She jumped out of her vehicle immediattely barking at us, without ever asking WHY we were there.

Now, at the time, I will admit I was a tad intoxicated, and her actions completely set me off. Her blatent disregard for the mourners at the site had my blood BOILING. I quickly ran between her and the other people gathered, and got straight into her face telling her why we were there, and that she should leave IMMEDIATELLY!

Due to my actions, she gets on her radio and CALLS FOR BACKUP. Literally within 2 minutes, 4 marked police cars, carrying 6 other officers, arrived on scene, LIGHTS FLASHING, SIRENS BLARING!

The officer, is in the process of arresting me, at the spot where my brother died 2 years prior, my mom is in tears screaming, and 50+ other mourners stand watching.

The 6 new police officers, quickly tell everyone to get the hell out of there immediately. My moms screams of terror, eventually got the cops to uncuff me, as arresting me for doing nothing wrong, at my brothers memorial was sickening.

Everyone was forced to dissipate from the area, where we were peacefully paying tribute to two kids who died far too long before their time.

During the ordeal, one officer even made the remark "get out of here, before you get hit by a car and I have to peel you off the pavement like we had to with the 2 kids who died here".

Police make me sick, and I hope they make you guys just as sick.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I am sorry about your brother passing. I can't believe how the cops were acting towards all of you! You need to find a lawyer who is in the 'click' but also loves to get cases on ignorant cops! I am lucky to know one here and he is the reason the law backed off on me. He is expensive and yes, that high clan he is associated with rules around here( i know, above the law ), but this lawyer earned his way up there and he also defends your rights and is not scared of the law or whoever does you wrong. He also wins all his cases because he is right when he defends the one's that are being abused by the one's that think they are over you. He goes after the law around here and he despises the ones that are cocky and so sure they are protected and someone will take care of the problem. All I know is after a few thousand dollars and my son didn't get charged with the dope the cop says he threw out the window(they lied and yes I'm sure: I am a cool mom and my sons don't lie to me over this stuff). Besides, like I said earlier, they were just trying to get to me and piss me off by hurting my sons reputation and ruining their record also. Well, two of the lawmen (one was chief) just didn't have their jobs anymore for some reason. Even the paper didn't try to give the town an answer to that. They got replaced. But it still goes on, always... I believe my blood started to boil when I read your reply. Seriously! This stuff is the #1 thing on my list that makes me the maddest on anything in this world. I should be a lawyer but I just can't keep my temper in control on this matter. I'd be in jail myself. Again, sorry about your brother. There has to be something written somewhere where you have rights to be there.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
S+F

I was one that supported police action 100%, until I was arrested 2x for things that were not crimes, and that I should not have been arrested for.

Now I realize that not all police are bad, but about 99% are total scumballs. They use illegal tactics to arrest people for no good reason.

I run a carwash business, that gets robbed and vandalized about every 3 months on average, nothing that has been stolen from me has ever been returned, the criminals have never been caught.

In the process of defending myself and my property, I was arrested and charged with negligent use of a deadly weapon, and my gun was taken. I hired a lawyer (2500$) and the charges were dropped, and a year later I finally got my gun back.
Anyway I have learned that it is better to take care of peoblems yourself, than to call the police, as you might be the one getting arrested, and have guns pointed at you, and tazed.

So, it is now obvious to me that police cannot be trusted, and avoiding police at all costs is high on my list. Just being in the same place as a cop puts your life and freedom in serious peril. Police are the most dangerous people that a citizen can be around.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I actually hope many in the "Law Enforcement" community actually start to understand what these "tactics" and abuse of authority is doing.

If these botched raids keep happening and the prosecution of those defending their homes you can bet that a higher degree of "resistance" will happen.

I was on a discussion board about European crime.... when asked if "gun crime" should have higher mandatory sentencing the Law Enforcement community went crazy...... NO, If high mandatory sentencing rules are put in place, the offender would have no reason to surrender, thus encouraging the offender to shoot back as there is little reason not to.

Well, if this crap keeps up.... If a homeowner knows he is going to die or go to prison defending himself..... why not defend yourself??

Kick in a door at 3 AM, the homeowner doesn't know who you are.... so if he comes out armed your going to kill him......???? And if you don't kill him, shoot all of his dogs and plant some drugs?

www.cato.org...

[edit on 21-12-2008 by infolurker]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Policing is an illness, when one becomes part of a department and is introduced to the mentality that all citizens are suspects of sin, they lose all common sense and become desensitized.

Unfortunately, the only way to change this is through a civil war against the police employees who are all now basically out of control across the globe, not just the USA.

James Rosco of Mayerthorpe was harrassed constantly by the employees of the police until he cracked and shot 4 of them down, then, the media caught the police lying about the reasons for the police going to Mr. Roscos home.

The answer is in the movie V for Vendetta, until everyone dawns the mask of justice together, these employees of "necessary evil" will continue to undermine morality and justice in the name of a paycheck.

It does however, go beyond the police, to the judges, the guards, the social workers, teachers, doctors, officials of government infrastructure, anyone and everyone employed in public service is a threat because of their dedication to a paycheck working in the system.

The system as it is referred to, was never meant or designed for the masses, it is meant as a means of organized control over the masses, and the mainstream media is one of their prominent tools.

Police are a necessary evil, without them, people would do alot more damage and there would be more rapes etc, however, we as public citizens must become the necessary evil to the necessary evil.

Otherwise, corruption will run amuck and the sheeple will continue to complain without justice served. Law is abour politics and economy, not justice, REMEMBER, REMEMBER, the 5th of November. Someone please resurrect Guy Fawkes to blow up parliament lol.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I don't believe cop hating is the answer. These are individual people, like the criminals they are 'supposed' to police. I commend you on the time, research and depth of message delivery in your post. Even though some of it doesn't entirely ring true for me, much of it for the localities in which they happen, do.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
In my world, police officers who do this sort of thing should have an extremely high penalty if ever convicted of abusing their power...

I'm saying 5 years in prison for arresting a 12-year-old girl without a single concrete evidence that she was a prostitute.

That's how it would be in my world anyway... The high penalty for commiting such abusive behaviour would keep anyone from doing it. No-one is stupid enough to try and abuse their power, risking 5 years in prison for something so small as that.

What they should have done would have been to come quietly to house and asked where her father was, and then 2 officers should have talked to the father and said that they were taking his daughter to the police station for questioning, and the father would be able to follow the police cars to the station and observe the interrogation. Conducted otherwise, and the high penalty should be acknowledged.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HugmyRek
I don't believe cop hating is the answer.

You're right. It will take more than that.

Shootings and murders of police officers has been on the rise in recent years, but I don't think it will reach its peak until some serious issues are addressed, one way or another. I only hope that these pigs get the message while they still can, that they are supposed to be servants of the law, not vigilantes. There is a difference, and I don't care whether you have a badge or not. A badge doesn't mean anything anymore. These organizations and their behaviors are criminal.

Back in the Great Depression era, you could get mad at a cop, yell at him, argue with him, and he would still respect you and treat you like a human being. Imagine that! People from that era would be appalled at the scum in uniforms today, who are mostly adrenaline junkies and are just itching to screw someone over and be a total jerk about it. Everyone is a potential criminal to them, if they can just find a reason to get on your case.

Many lawyers today are just as corrupt. You have to realize a lot of these lawyers and judges work with a lot of these cops on a daily basis. They know the cops take shortcuts with the laws, but they don't care at all. They have each others' backs because the cops doing these things illegally means more business for the courts.

I had a friend who was pulled over for a traffic violation, and the cops searched his car, and approached him with postal scales accusing him of dealing marijuana, even though there was no marijuana. The scales were not his, and when he went to court he brought up the fact to the judge that the cop had tried to plant scales on him.

The judge simply said, "Well, I guess they weren't yours then," no more questions asked, not even an eyebrow raised to the police officer.

These people know exactly what goes on, and what they do. They've been convinced that they're above the law. Total scumbags.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You brought up some interesting points. I would like to intergect a few things for consideration.

www.ibtimes.com...

One in Every 31 U.S. Adults Were in Prison or Jail or on Probation or Parole in 2007

Posted 11 December 2008 WASHINGTON, Dec. 11

More than 7.3 million men and women were under correctional supervision in the nation's prisons or jails or on probation or parole at yearend 2007, the U.S. Department of Justice's Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) announced today. About 3.2 percent of the U.S. adult population, or one in every 31 adults, was incarcerated or under community supervision at the end of 2007. This percentage has remained stable since reaching more than 3 percent in 1999.

The land of the free has the highest prison population.

www.cato.org...
The rise of paramilitary police raids in America

Americans have long maintained that a man’s home is his castle and that he has the right to defend it from unlawful intruders. Unfortunately,
that right may be disappearing. Over the last 25 years, America has seen a disturbing militarization of its civilian law enforcement, along with a dramatic and unsettling rise in the use of paramilitary police units (most commonly called Special Weapons and Tactics, or SWAT) for routine
police work. The most common use of SWAT teams today is to serve narcotics warrants, usually with forced, unannounced entry into the
home.

These increasingly frequent raids, 40,000 per year by one estimate, are needlessly subjecting nonviolent drug offenders, bystanders, and
wrongly targeted civilians to the terror of having their homes invaded while they’re sleeping, usually by teams of heavily armed paramilitary units dressed not as police officers but as soldiers.

These raids bring unnecessary violence and provocation to nonviolent drug offenders, many of whom were guilty of only misdemeanors. The
raids terrorize innocents when police mistakenly target the wrong residence. And they have resulted in dozens of needless deaths and injuries, not only of drug offenders, but also of police officers, children, bystanders, and innocent suspects.

This paper presents a history and overview of the issue of paramilitary drug raids, provides an extensive catalogue of abuses and mistaken
raids, and offers recommendations for reform.

The next point was the 12 year old girl. I personally found it disgusting. I really don't know what the motive of these men were. If that child's dad had not come and they had gotten her into the van, would she have been sexually assaulted? I feel that there is a good possibility. 3 men do not need to man handle anyone that way. Even if she had been a prostitute what was the point of beating her and covering her mouth to stop her from screaming for help? If she screamed for help and someone came, provided they were not doing anything illegal, all they would have to do is identify themselves. This did not happen. I find their actions very sketchy.

I am sorry to hear about your brother.

Lastly why doesn't America or the world wake up? I think many people ask these questions and look for answers that never come. I think this provides some answers.

But it was too late
www.thirdreich.net...

"Uncertainty is a very important factor, and, instead of decreasing as time goes on, it grows. Outside, in the streets, in the general community, "everyone is happy. One hears no protest, and certainly sees none. You know, in France or Italy there will be slogans against the government painted on walls and fences; in Germany, outside the great cities, perhaps, there is not even this. In the university community, in your own community, you speak privately to you colleagues, some of whom certainly feel as you do; but what do they say? They say, "It's not so bad" or "You're seeing things" or "You're an alarmist."

"And you are an alarmist. You are saying that this must lead to this, and you can't prove it. These are the beginnings, yes; but how do you know for sure when you don't know the end, and how do you know, or even surmise, the end? On the one hand, your enemies, the law, the regime, the Party, intimidate you. On the other, your colleagues pooh-pooh you as pessimistic or even neurotic. You are left with your close friends, who are, naturally, people who have always thought as you have.

"But your friends are fewer now. Some have drifted off somewhere or submerged themselves in their work. You no longer see as many as you did at meetings or gatherings. Informal groups become smaller; attendance drops off in little organizations, and the organizations themselves wither. Now, in small gatherings of your oldest friends, you feel that you are talking to yourselves, that you are isolated from the reality of things. This weakens your confidence still further and serves as a further deterrent to – to what? It is clearer all the time that, if you are going to do anything, you must make an occasion to do it, and then you are obviously a troublemaker. So you wait, and you wait.

"But the one great shocking occasion, when tens or hundreds or thousands will join with you, never comes.

Lastly let's look at the fake war on drugs, which is being used to enslave innocent Americans. It's an endless cycle that puts the innocent and the less guilty in jail while letting the guilty go back into society to cause harm and havoc.

www.pbs.org...

"Snitch" investigates how a fundamental shift in the country's anti-drug laws -- including federal mandatory minimum sentencing and conspiracy provisions--has bred a culture of snitching that is in many cases rewarding the guiltiest and punishing the less guilty.

Finally a look behind the wall at some of the people being punished.

www.November.org....
www.november.org...

Upon entering the new millennium, our nation marked the end of the most punishing decade in our people's history. More people began a prison or a jail term in the United States during the '90s than any other decade on record. There are now over two million incarcerated in the country often called "The Land of the Free."

Thread like this use to get a lot of response.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Terrible stories, and I feel horrible for those victims. Some of those officers should be well, forget it, I would not lower myself to that type of thinking.

But....sometimes we forget.

Police are human beings like you and me. There's gonna be some bad apples in every bunch. There is also gonna be some infested ,rotten, filthy apples in every truckload.

Especially when you give a person a badge and a gun, it completely changes most peoples mindset. They carry themselves differently, and think they deserve some ultra high respect. I believe they deserve respect, if they are respectful to me.

I've never had a problem with my many altercations with police. Well I did have one, but he was disrespectful with me, I remained calm, it could have gotten out of hand.

But I'd like to see a thread about all the great thinjgs police do for us everyday that is taken for granted. There are ALOT more good cops out there than bad, imo.

Sure is there "serpico" type stuff going on in certain precincts? yes.

But there are true heroes out there, police with the patience of saints, who if me or you were put in there position would smack the taste out of someones mouth.

This is exactly why we have taped interviews, right to not talk( which is the smartest thing ANYONE can do when being arrested). Just ask to speak to a lawyer.

Also why they have Internal Affairs.

Are the police perfect? Of course not, because they are made up of humans just like you and me. I'm thankful (usually) hehe, that there is a police, instead of no police.

These threads while informative, are just getting redundant, imo.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The reason I posted this was because I saw a thread about the military not only on the streets, some streets in America, but at checkpoints now? I remember at one time this was what people were going to be looking for that things are really bad, not it's been pushed over to, well when they start arresting people, that's when it will be really bad. I was almost amused that people were asking about the laws that use to prevent this from happening, not realising those laws were once gone.

You keep waiting for it to get really bad, just looking for that one more event to say, OK now it's really bad, I have news for you, it's that bad, and that one event is not likely to happen. It's small degrees that we move forward into oppression. It does not happen all at once, but little by little, till on day you wake up look back at how things were, and then finally realise that it's that bad. The concentration camps of Abu Ghraib, and Guantanamo bay should have been a clue. The illegal war, another clue, but none of these have worked.

The conditions have deteriorated, but that is still not enough. Your rights are being irradiated left, right and center, if you visit this forum or others like it, you will find similar stories day in and day out, and yet none of these are ever enough, because you become conditioned to say, well it's not that bad, then you sit and wait for the next shock to the system, and it's so small that you just let it slide, and then the next. However if you go back far enough, you can see how far things have gone.

I doubt there will ever be one big event to set it off. I could be wrong, but it's the little things bit by bit, those are things that you have to look to, to measure the changes in your society. I remember in that same thread about the 12 year old girl, someone email the police and email them back after getting a response, then did not wish to email them a third time, because who know what type of records they are keeping. I think that the person made the right choice, but then what does that say about the society we are all now living in? That fear has crept in unnoticed, unchallenged. 2-5 years ago, most people would not have thought twice about telling these officers the full extent of what they thought.

People are afraid to gather. Don't you wonder why protest is less than it was? Facial recognition technology, pictures being taken, license plates being written down, pepper spray and rubber bullets, that's where your demonstrating has gone. It doesn't happen the first few times, but then the next time this person does not want to go out, or they heard what happened to John Doe at the last rally, and that fear creeps in slowly, but surly, then we are were we are, and no one is left do dissent. That fear has taken over.

Nightfall does not come at once
As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air-however slight-lest we become unwilling victims of the darkness.
~Justice William O. Douglas~

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
Are the police perfect? Of course not, because they are made up of humans just like you and me. I'm thankful (usually) hehe, that there is a police, instead of no police.

These threads while informative, are just getting redundant, imo.

I think it would be well for you to start a thread about how wonderful the police are, this thread is more about some problems that need to be fixed. There are lot's of good Nazi's I am sure, but at some point they became a problem for a group of people.

That's great that you would rather have the police than not have the police. I would rather have decency, standards and those who actually uphold the law, if that can be the police great, but if not, then it's time to look into other solutions.

I really at this stage from what I have read, believe we are look at more than a few bad apples, we are look at a system that has become corrupt, only if you have not gone against this system, or been victimized by it, or known someone who has, most of us are content to believe it's just a few bad apples, when in reality the core has become rotten, and it's been like this for some time now.

Well reading stories of young children and girls getting harassed, mistreated by the police are also becoming very redundant day by day, hour by hour, and until those stories stop, then these thread can not stop. When you have a problem in a society you do not deal with it, by hiding it under a bushel, that will not fix the problem and it will only infect others causing them to become corrupt. You have to expose the problem and make other aware of what is happening. Until that happens then these threads are not only needed, but they should be mandatory in every sector of our society, till the problems are resolved, or begin to be looked into. Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
"Gangster criminal police." That sounds like an extremely general statement to make considering there are hundreds of thousands of police officers in this country. Is your statement any different than saying "all black people carry guns." ? Is it different than saying that "all persons of the Muslim relgion are terrorists." ?

From personal life experience, I feel that the people who support the actions of gangster police, are those who have never had to deal with the police in a manner which did not favor them.

Obviously criminals are not going to like the police. That's a given. As far as law abiding citizens go, there is no valid reason to distrust police officers in general. They are no different than anyone else. They simply have a job to do. While I agree that some go overboard, you can not and will not generalize that the entire law enforcement community is bad. Those who do that typically have an authority problem. Since police officers clearly have authority over you, you dislike them.

Why? Well, perhaps it was cause my father wasn't the most upstanding citizen. But isn't justice promised to all?

Perhaps it is equally because there was a lack of evidence. There are an immense amount of criminal investigations that go cold. You can't make the evidence show up.

It's a shame that citizens now feel they must protect themselves and their property

This is something new? Sorry, but as far as I know this has mentality has existed even before these United States were founded. You find it shameful that people desire to protect their family and property?

So for that critical time, where you have an invader in your house, or that gun to your head, what do you do?

Hmm, tough one. Oh wait! You take your weapon, aim it at the intruder, and discharge your weapon. Simple really. Unless you're one of those anti-gun folks. Which it appears you may be...

People on this forum also seem to view drug stories with the sense that "oh well these people are bad, and the cops just did what they had to do" and the ends justify the means.

Yes, we do. They ARE bad! Citizenship in this country is conditional! You are free to reside here so long as you obey the law of the land. If you don't like it, there are many other countries you may relocate to. Where there are drugs, there are typically violent criminals at some link in the chain. Perhaps people wouldn't feel they need to "protect their lives and property" if we didn't have such a major drug problem.

arrested her for assaulting a public servant.

While it is always a tragedy when you "get the wrong guy" so to speak, they were lawfully executing a warrant (from the information I have heard). Did she touch or threaten the officer? If so, then she is in fact guilty of battery on a police officer.

forcefully beating you

Sorry, but you don't get to inflate the story. Based on what I've read, that didn't happen. The news story is obviously from the perspective of the defendant and her family. Something I learned from police work is that you always discount 25% of what people tell you. What probably happened is that she panicked when the men identified themselves as police officers. They figured she was guilty - after all, why would an innocent person run - so they physically restrained her. Sorry, mistakes happen bud.

Or do you fight back FOR YOUR LIFE?

Ok drama queen, her life was never in danger. They were policemen.

Are you guys getting this? Absolutely NO EVIDENCE that this little girl did anything wrong, she was just black, and wearing tight shorts. So shes a criminal prostitute.

Oh give me a BREAK! "It's just because she is black!" There is CLEARLY more to this story then you think. They wouldn't be sitting outside of her home and arrest her the moment she walks outside. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

WHY ARE THESE AFRICAN AMERICANS RIOTING? THE POLICE WERE DOING THEIR JOB!

Apparently the police DID do their job by putting down the riot.

This is not speculation, THIS IS REALITY PEOPLE!

As I said, you must discount at least 25% of what the poster of this topic said. By what evidence do you draw this conclusion?

Sure, maybe this doesn't happen in your posh, predominantly, white suburb, but it does happen many other places across the US EVERY DAY!

I am offended by your racism! What is that supposed to mean? Let me lay it out for you. It is a FACT that less crime occurs in the suburbs vs. the slums. I can't help that fact. You can't help that fact. Police are CLEARLY going to patrol the area with a higher crime incidence vs. above. I let the facts speak for my point. You have nothing but your racist misunderstandings.

So when your on your front lawn, and a van pulls up and 3 men jump out and start dashing towards you, are you going to turn around, lay down and put your hands behind your back?

If the men ID themselves as law enforcement officers - yes - as they most likely did in the situation with the young girl.

But WHY! WHY DOES THIS STUFF HAPPEN? The answer is the growing contempt for law enforcement. So why, again, WHY is there contempt for the law?

It is also just as likely that it occurs due to their blatant disregard to the law.

Lets start by looking at some cases of police brutality

Don't think that just because you can cite incidents of police brutality that ALL police are responsible for it. They are human beings. I can cite many more cases of violence TOWARDS police officers. Therefore, your point is null and void.

In asset forfeiture cases, you are GUILTY until proven innocent

No, no...it's still the other way around.

there is such contempt for law enforcement, especially in areas of excess poverty and minorities.

Since we know most drugs are traficked there (statistically speaking), we can argue that they do not like LEOs due to the impeded sales of their products.

6 Million people, now with criminal records

If they would have obeyed the law, they wouldn't be in this situation right?

Over 80% of serious crimes in this country are committed because of the prohibition of drugs.

HAH! Great, let us allow people to violate our laws. The serious crimes are committed because they disrespect the laws of this country. If you and they do not like the law, you're MORE than welcome to leave.

I hold that 80% of said crimes are a result of the gross violation of the LAW. Unfortunately, many brothers and sisters are killed as a result of these animals. Logic like yours is exactly why the sentiment towards people likely to be involved with drug traficking is the way it is.

imprisoned and have their lives ruined over simple possession

That's their fault. Follow the law. Furthermore, you do NOT go to prison over simple poss.

I tried marijuana several times at a younger age

Shame you didn't do it here, I would have LOVED to have arrested you.

You claim the police are "ignorant." I assert that they are doing an excellent job combating criminals. If anything, we need a better justice system to process these criminals faster. That would result in less plea bargains - true justice!

Take your ignorant, racist ideas somewhere else.

-Jack B.
PROUD RETIRED GANGSTER, CRIMINAL POLICE OFFICER

[edit on 12/21/2008 by JBurns]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well, I watched an episode of "COPS" last night, and was disgusted at the attitudes of some of them. Arrogant and uncompassionate, they pull people out of their cars and handcuff them with no explanation as to why. They refuse to answer their victims questions about why they are being handcuffed. And they wonder why they run? I'd be scared too.

But the most disturbing thing is that it was on television. Obviously, the scenes were carefully selected out of hundreds available to make the series. If this was demonstrating the best behaviour of the police, I feel sorry for those who get pulled over without being on camera.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join