It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surgery transplanted most of patient's face

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Surgery transplanted most of patient

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- It was a surgery no one wanted to work on -- a Finnish man had accidentally chopped off his hand in the forest. Reattaching his hand required hours of meticulously connecting the arteries, tendons and bones together. Dr. Maria Siemionow, a reconstructive surgeon, jumped at the chance to take part...
... On Wednesday, Siemionow, the head of plastic surgery research at the Cleveland Clinic, is expected to announce the completion of another complex surgery -- a near-total face transplant.

The face transplant surgery done two weeks ago by a team of eight surgeons at the Cleveland, Ohio hospital, is the first of its kind conducted in the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/17/2008 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I want to look like Brad Pitt, or Barack Obama, or Elvis so I can show up in a Nebraska Burger King...

Seriously this could really be used as a weapon of deceit by the PTB if they needed too get a double for something. It is also a Godsend for people like Joan Rivers.

I wonder what they can do with DNA banks, and face transplants and cloning? Could probably bring back John Wayne hey Cowboy?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join