It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dale Brown - Has he got it right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I have read the multitude of books that Dale Brown has written over the past few years. My favourite books are the Day of the Cheetah ( A Book about neural net commands piloting F15 eagles aka the Dreamstar project).

As well as the Infamous books about the EB-52 Megafortress Bombers..

What I would like to know is by reading the threads in this section I wonder how close Dale Brown has got to the real world. The books are very precise and detail on the command systems of most aircraft are right down to the last nut and bolt.

He might know something we don't.

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
He has written some excellent books. My favourite is ' Sky Masters ' where he takes on the Chinese navy in the Philipines.
I think he has just done a hell of a lot of research, on various fields of science and applied them to his books.

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I just finished Sky Masters... Top read...Seems to me the Black Knight Bombers got shot up too easily though.. I woulda thought top of the line stealth technology woulda stood up better..

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
My favorite's Day of the Cheetah also(hey...where's the vector nozzels on the Cheetah). But what I really want to see is the Dreamstar's micro-hydrolic wings.....oh, I have seen that technology: the YF-21 uses it(along with a neural interface) in Macross Plus. Switching gears, did anyone notice that in Sky Masters it's mentioned that the Spirit is equipt with emittors for what the pilots nicknamed their "cloaking device". And all this before the heated debates over an active stealth plasma field(which the YF-21 also has). Hmmmm........

By the way, if no one's noticed, here's NASA's version of the Cheetah.....the NF-15B Agile Eagles(www.dfrc.nasa.gov...)

[Edited on 3/10/2003 by dragon-class]

top topics

join