It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left lane drivers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Around my parts, we have a bunch of roads with two lanes on either side (I think it's called a 4 lane road..... hehehe duh).

Anyway, these asshats DRIVE in the left hand lane and do NOT pass people.

I want to hang a sign out my window for all dildos who just chill in the left hand lane

"THE LEFT HAND LANE IS THE PASSING LANE"

So I pass them on the right thinking that they would figure it out and move to the right. Do they? NOOOOOOO. That would be using their brain, or at least trying to remember proper driving rules from when their old asses were 16.

To make matters worse, these monkey butts will have 6 cars behind them and STILL not pass the one guy it would take to get to freedom and open highways.

YOU ARE THE BAIN OF PROGRESS. I hope they just curl up and die for having all the time in the world.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid people.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I drive on the left lane all the time. I don't see what the problem is as long as I'm going the speed limit?

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
I drive on the left lane all the time. I don't see what the problem is as long as I'm going the speed limit?

Because cops will usually give you the freedom to go the speed limit + 10%. If youre going the speed limit stay to the right and let faster traffic go by.

Im with KJ, I usually end up pulling some insane need for speed manoevers bobbin' and weavin' just to get places on time. Usually it draws a hell of a lot of attention and most people in the left get pissed at ME?!?!

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well my problem is that the right lane doesn't go the speed limit. Around here, it's 70 on the highway. That's all fine an good but peopel on the right are going 65 or 60. There aren't that many at all in the right lane so I just chill in the right for an hour...

I'll assume the next person that flipps me off for being in the left is either Insite or KJ

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by ktprktpr]

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by ktprktpr]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
it doesnt matter if you're doing 20 under the speed limit, as long as you're passing someone i dont care if you're in the left lane.

however on the interstates here there are signs that specifically say "keep right except to PASS". thats pass, not pace ladies and gentlemen....as in go PAST the driver on the right, not do the same speed limit as them.

as a person who drives for a living i know most people dont know how to drive or park for that matter. i've seen lots of people dart over in the left lane in front of me and other drivers barely going faster than the car they are attempting to pass even though you're going faster than either of them to begin with. obviously you cant make courtesy mandatory...and you cant kill these idiots either! (i'm convinced god loves retards, how else do you explain the over abundance of them?)

as a rule of thumb the left lane is for faster traffic, as in faster than those in the right lane. now if you can pass people in the left doing the speed limit thats fine but dont be a dick and dart in front of someone who is obviously going faster than you. and if someone faster than you comes up behind you get over, do NOT slow down enough to pace the car you WERE passing just to annoy the person behind you you feel is speeding and deserves a "lesson" from you, its a great way to get an ass whooping or worse, they pull out a gun and you become a story on the 6 o'clock news.

for the most part those who do use the left lane slow down after getting back into the right lane. cops generally recognize that those in the left lane will go faster than those in the right lane. in fact i've done 80 MPH in the left lane and had cops ride up my tailpipe wanting to go past me, not pull me over for speeding. and if someone wants to speed who are we to stop them? we arent whe cops and its not our job (for obvious reasons, like the lack of a badge and actual police powers) to enforce the speed limit.

top topics

join