It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sources: T.O.'s expressed resentment toward Romo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

According to multiple sources within the Dallas Cowboys, there is an emerging internal conflict involving three of the team's highest-profile stars.

As the preseason Super Bowl favorites struggle in the final month of the season to simply make the playoffs, wide receiver Terrell Owens has expressed resentment toward Tony Romo, apparently jealous of the quarterback's relationship with tight end Jason Witten.

sports.espn.go.com...

I cannot believe this!!!... what happen to....

The past victories with the Giants, Patriots, Rams are a remider that NO ONE PLAYER is above the team...it just baffles me why owners think that this guys can change...they should all be dump in a garbage can.

And along with TO, also should go:
-Plexico Burress
-Stephon Marbury
-Gary Sheffield
-Barry Bonds
-Roger Clemens
-Allen Iverson
-Adam "Pacman" Jones
-Chris Henry
-Sean Avery

And thats off the top of my head...

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'm seeing a racial component to this story.

Owens is having an issue with Romo and Jason Witten, both of whom happen to be white. Owens has colluded with Crayton and Williams on this issue and all three approached the offensive coordinator, Jason Garrett, to talk about the issue. Witten, a legitimate threat, leads the team in catches. Owens, who's ego is bigger than his wallet, approaches two other team mates who happen to be black, to complain about two white team mates who he feels favor one another over him and his black team mates?

The articles that I've read so far haven't touched on it, but I am curious to see if anything of the sort comes of it.

If race wasn't an issue, why would he turn to Crayton and Williams? Williams hasn't been with the team for more than a couple weeks, so how would he be in a position at this point to be the frustrated with how Jason Witten, a long time Cowboy, is being favorably treated?

More to this than meets the eye.

This isn't the typical Owens drama-bomb.

In San Fran & Philly, it was Owens against the world. Now suddenly he turns to his team mates to make his case?

Interested in how this plays out.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Please, who didn't think this would happen again? Honestly?

Owens is about as selfish as they come. He only cares about himself, end of story.

The only people who didn’t think this would happen in Dallas weren't paying attention. This guy is a cancer in a locker room.

Have fun Cowgirls!!

-----

E-A-G-L-E-S....EAGLES!!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

From a few hours ago - sounds like a few more teammates are pissed at Romo and he has been working with Whitten more. 12 Pro Bowlers and in trouble of making the playoffs? I thought it was Dallas this year...I guess the prognosticators were wrong, as ususal. TO is such a freaking tool it is incredible. Of course, imho.

ColoradoJens

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Actually, they had the numbers up on Sportscenter this morning.

I think TO has been thrown to almost 40 more times this season that Whitten has, and Whitten has more catches than TO does.

Go figure.

top topics

join