It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird cloud line!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Looking out my window right know and see a cool Cloud line. When you look at a weather map it shows a line going right throught the UK. Can anyone take a picture of this line, i aint got a camera. People in UK go look out side your window. Also look out for the super moon tomorrow!Cloud Line going through UK!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I cant see the line yet but i am intrigued about the "super moon" tomorrow

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Yeah looking forward to seeing it myself! Super Moon

Funny how this whole EarthQuake is supposed to take place between 12th and 15th. When we have a supermoon on the 12th!!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Oklahoma has beautiful sunrises and sunsets but 2 days ago we had a "cloud line" that was stunning. As I drove home from work (graveyard shift), the sun was just coming up. The horizon was just starting to get light (light blue) and a STRAIGHT line above it was darker blue. In between the light and dark lines was a STRAIGHT cloud that was brilliantly white. The whole sky looked like someone was raising a window shade.

I can't tell from the link you posted if what you saw out your window in the UK was similar to what I witnessed but I'd be interested to learn what it looked like.

Also, regarding the supermoon, it looks like we have between 3-6 of those every year. I don't see how any earthquake predictions will be related to a so-called supermoon. Apparently supermoons are a regular phenomenon and have no correlation to earth shattering earthquakes. Should be pretty, though.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by whitewave]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
hey guys!

im from south wales and i have photos and a video!! that is crazy i sore it this morning at around 8-9am

i will upload them now, i have a website could i put it on that? would i be allowed to do that or would photobucket be better?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by forshow
hey guys!

im from south wales and i have photos and a video!! that is crazy i sore it this morning at around 8-9am

i will upload them now, i have a website could i put it on that? would i be allowed to do that or would photobucket be better?

I imagine posting them on your website and providing a link would be fine. Flickr and Photobucket are also fine.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
thank you

Doing it now

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
WOW just looked out of my front window and it's true.... a HUGE LINE of thin cloud.

Now you're gonna hate me, but i haven't got my camera anymore (my ex girlfriend took it) and i don't have the lead for my camera phone to upload to my computer... So I can't post pictures.

But wow...

(I live in the NW of England by the way, I hope that is what you are talking about)

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hey guys, this is the picture of the clouds from my back garden.

www.smoothwebdesign.co.uk...

Hope you like!

P.S Got video to but need a laptop which im doing now.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by forshow]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSOM87
Yeah looking forward to seeing it myself! Super Moon

Funny how this whole EarthQuake is supposed to take place between 12th and 15th. When we have a supermoon on the 12th!!

Check this out for more coincidence...

Supermoon
On December 13th what we call a Proxigean Supermoon occurs. Supermoons occur when the Full Moon ( or New Moon) is at perigee (i.e. closest to earth). This month, to compound the effect, the Moon will be at its closest perigee for the year called Proxigee thus exerting an even greater magnetic pull on the earth and all organic matter that responds to the Moon. To add further complication, it is also at its Northernmost peak, so three cycles ( apsides, phase and declination) all coincide within a few hours of each other. Supermoons occur several times a year as the moon reaches perigee, but the coincidence of the other cycles are mostly spaced by a few days. These three cycles occurs all in one day this month.

We can anticipate extreme weather conditions and of course, since this also affects the sap in plants, in our plantings. The most severe effect will be on the spring tide which occurs at the full moon every month as the closer to the earth the moon orbits, so the effect on tides increases. A 5% increase in proximity makes about 20% difference in the power the moon exerts so those in coastal regions should anticipate extreme tidal forces. The last time such a tidal force occurred the world saw the Tsunami of 2005 and the next one will be in January 2010. The weekend of 12th to 15th should be one of alert and observation.

Look at the rising moon on those dates and it will be HUGE!

Source = cosmicgardening.blogspot.com...

Makes you wonder..

Sorry for being a little off topic

[edit on 11-12-2008 by cropmuncher]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Forshow, those are beautiful
. Thanks!

We get cloud lines like these on occasion--they can be startling at first glance.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
No problem, i woke and looked out and sore the sky it reminded me of a scene from the animatrix, where they block the sun with a black smog. It looks like its just trying to take over the sky.

it looks awesome so i thought id take a picture just incase.

really cloudy now though!

P.S I just looked out and the clouds are doing something strange... looks like someone has smudged it with a rubber.... got a picture

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Just looks like a weather front

Satellite view:

09:00

10:00

11:00

12:00

Source

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
These are a couple of pix I took at noon today from Glasgow, Scotland

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Just wanted to post this to. This was just now, im not normaly into clouds but these are weird formings.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
WOW great pictures, i have to admit i have never seen any sort of cloud formation like that before. I thought it was cool how the huge line of cloud went through the UK. Think it means anything? ya know with the whole earthqake thing between 12th-15th, supermoon????

top topics

join