It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Govenor Who Suspends State Business With B of A Taken Into Federal Custody

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by precociousmonkey
reply to post by Stormdancer777

well we might find out what that number is, but I dont think it will be this year. truth of the matter is there are to many peole who love the idea of the first black president and dont understand competancy has to go along with the job as well.

No no no. Not 'competency', but integrity. No one knows what kind of official competency he has, but he can speak well, like Adolph or Sadam. The competency in American politics is 'not getting caught'. And he did that for, what, six months?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
First of all, I want to be the first to call for the resignation of Obama. And I also want to call for the resumption of capital punishment, as the 'prison only' experiment obviously was a terrible disaster. Lets just take this 'Governor' and hang em high! Draw, hang, and quarter is too graphic for my tastes...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Does anyone know why the FBI/Law Enforcement hasn't sealed off the
Governor's house and office and begun carting out documents? This
is usually one of the first things we see in one of these "sting" operations.

This morning Gov Blagojevich went to his office as usual and returned
home as usual tonight. He's now had over 36 hours to shred documents,
and destroy any other evidence that could be used against him.

From the paultry $4,500 bond he paid to get out of jail, to the release of
the 78 page Federal transcript on the same day as the governor's arrest,
it seems that both law enforement and the governor are not firing on all
cylinders. Very surreal. -cwm

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

Good,then we can start with GWB and his entire family and move on from there with the excutions.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
As a resident of Illinois, I cannot say I am surprised by this. We have a history of governers, of both parties, doing dumb and illegal things. Though, I am upset that the paltry by comparison crimes of Blagojevich result in legal action while Dubyah, Cheney, Rumsfield, etc... are still free.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Here is a timeline to investigate:

August 8, 1948: Born in Chicago, Illinois

(Father was Mayor of CHicago from 1955-1976.)
(Brother is current mayor of Chicago)

(graduated with a B.A. from Loyola University Chicago, and an LL.B. from John Marshall Law School. Daley later accepted an honorary Doctor of Law degree from John Marshall Law School.)

subsequently; practiced law privately with the firm Daley and George except for the following.

1977-1980: sat on the Advisory Council of Economic Opportunity; lawyer, firm of Daley and George, Chicago; Advisory Council, Economic Opportunity,

1989–1990: vice chairman, Amalgamated Bank of Chicago; Partner, law firm of Mayer, Brown & Platt;

1990-1993: president and chief operating officer, Amalgamated Bank of Chicago

1992: Chaired the Clinton campaign in Illinois.

1993-1997: Practiced law as a partner with the firm Mayer Brown (then Mayer, Brown & Platt)

1993: served as special counsel to the President on issues relating to the passage of, and helped broker the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

1996: co-chairman of the Democratic National Convention host committee.

1997-2000: Succeeded Mickey Kantor as the 32nd Secretary of Commerce in the second administration of President Bill Clinton; promised reforms on several controversial issues, including patronage and international trade missions.
1996 nomination article where he fell off the stage
1996 Behind-the-Scenes Operative article
1997 promises reform article
1997 Pledge On Patronage article
1997 Issues Rules to Separate Politics, Trade Missions article
1997 First Overseas Mission article
1997 China trade deficit article
1998 New Security Policy article

2000: chairman of Vice President Al Gore's presidential campaign, on which he was in charge of choosing a vice presidential nominee.

2001: appointed President of SBC Communications Inc.

2004: Midwest Chairman of J.P. Morgan Chase and Bank One Corp. to oversee post-merger operations from Chicago.

2008: prominent supporter of Barack Obama during the 2008 Democratic Presidential Primaries.
key adviser to his brother, Chicago City Mayor

July 6, 2008: Obama conference call about running for governor of Illinois article.

has been laying the groundwork for a 2010 bid, even asking some people to stay neutral until he decides if he wants to jump in....(his)...main consultant is Obama's chief strategist, David Axelrod, who also advises... (his brother the Mayer)

Note* A third brother is the number two man on the Cook County Board

Presently: serves on the Boards of Directors of Boeing, Merck & Co., Inc, Boston Properties, Inc., and Loyola University Chicago. He also sits on the Council on Foreign Relations.

Nov. 5, 2008: named co-chair to the advisory board of the Obama-Biden Transition Project.

He is rumored to be exploring a 2010 gubernatorial run in Illinois,

Wait a minute...
The Governor seat may be vacant prior to 2010...
Could this lawyer and business executive,-
Former U.S. Secretary of State, NAFTA broker, Executive and Overseer of post-merger operations of one of the biggest Banks - (what is this obsolete anti-trust legislation?) -, SBC (AT&T) President, Foreign Relations Coucilman, Presidential Campaign Chairman, who sits on the Board of Directors of Boeing, Merck & Co., Inc, Boston Properties, Inc., and Loyola University Chicago, and on the advisory Board of the Obama-Biden Transition Project,-
Be just the person to take over as Illinois' Governor, now that Blagojevich seems to be headed for an early demise?
Just in time for maybe a brother to take the open Senate seat, and to keep the new MAFTA highway project operation smooth? Already aware of the Chinese Role, and with support from Obama, Clinton(s), and Bush(s)?
Well, i'm sure by now most of you see how this timeline may merge with the Blagojevich investigation timeline.
Could the next Governor be seated soon rather than 2010 election?
Could it be,
William M. Daley?
wiki - a source for some above material

or..Bill Daley
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10-12-2008 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Just my personal opinion, but this feels like a false flag. This scandal is something to divert our attention away from other things that are going on. This very same thing happened just before 911. If I knew the guys name in Washington, I could shed more light on it, but this very same thing did take place back just before 911.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Wiretaps that are approved by a legal warrant should still not be made public information until some sort of trial has been conducted. Otherwise, the government has the right to destroy anyones privacy they choose by coming up with an adequate excuse for a wiretap. The only information that should be given the press is that there was a wire tap which yielded adequate evidence to issue a warrant for arrest. Instead, we have the fed making a case directly to the public, polluting the jury pool, and all those other no no's.

This arrest stinks like a set up.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
LMao i know i live in chicago i seen the whole thing on fox, its all over the news. Rod and his "cronies" are goin downarea51

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
He say's he's got a lot to say and he will when the time is right. I hope he makes it that long. This is Chicago.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
How many of you live in Illinois?

I do.

The Southern part of Illinois, were Blagojevich's held a lot of money (more then 100 million) "hostage" when our part of the state disagreed with his policies.

That was several years ago, and he's only been down here for maybe two hours since then.

The man is corrupt like two of our other governor's. He's held money from going to state workers, he tried to sell President-Elect Obama's Senate seat. He's given money to groups who have pledged their support for him (this happen with one million that was for charity).

The people of Illinois have spoken, we want him gone. The banks have nothing to do with what happen to him, he was under investigation for corruption charges back in 2006.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
thehill.com...

Report: Reid, Menendez called Blagojevich

The majority leader reportedly urged Blagojevich to limit his choices to state Veterans Affairs director Tammy Duckworth or Attorney General Lisa Madigan, two candidates Reid believed could win statewide elections and save the seat for Democrats.

Reid also urged Blagojevich not to pick Reps. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) or Danny Davis (D-Ill.), and to avoid Illinois Senate President Emil Jones (D). All three, Reid believed, would not be able to hold the seat against a strong Republican candidate.t

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join