It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious letters sent to at least 6 governors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Suspicious letters sent to at least 6 governors

www.msnbc.msn.com

MONTGOMERY, Ala. - Suspicious letters containing powdery substances addressed to governors were intercepted in at least six states on Monday, but no injuries were immediately reported.

The letters were reported in Alabama, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana and Rhode Island. They disrupted state governments in a few of the states, forcing some evacuations and testing for workers who might have been exposed.

Preliminary tests found the powders sent to Alabama, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana and Rhode Island were not harmful. The Missouri letter never made it to state offices.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hum, thought I should post just in case. No reports of injuries and its just a white powder at this point... I advise treating all mail for the next few weeks with potentially contaminated. until the all clear is given. Not much else to say is maybe the Govenors have something in common ... Montana Govenor basically told Chertoff to go whack himself off...

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Nice find. Maybe the six letters have something in common, though my take on it would be it's another scare tactic to get people thinking about that rather than other significant world events.

I just don't have the time at the moment to find all the info on this, though was there a law/bill being passed in all of those states and the disruption would have delayed it? Perhaps something we need to be aware of?

Alabama, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana and Rhode Island have any laws/bills being passed this week people need to be aware of?
Do the four Republicans and two Democrats have anything in common? Eg backdoor deals that were made on the 2nd or 3rd, hence the letter being posted on the fourth?

Rhode Island Gov. Don Carcieri
Jackson, Miss., Gov. Haley Barbour
In Lansing, Mich. Gov. Jennifer Granholm
In Helena, Mont. Gov. Brian Schweitzer.

Who were the other two people involved?

Sorry if I had the time I could find out although my instinct is there is things going on in other states, laws/bills, or even other parts of the world and this is just another distraction to get people worried and thinking in their little matrix. i look forward to seeing what comes of this thread.

new topics

join