It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a thought on what the planets could mean to Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hi members of ATS. I've been visiting this site for awhile and absolutely love how we can express our minds without being judged on how dumb it can be. I've recently joined ATS because i felt the need to express a thought that's been on my mind for awhile and also to see what you people may think of it. I'm sorry if this has been posted before but me and my friend Jade came up with this thought a while back.
I've been reading ALOT about mars and what they find. I've seen pictures of evidence of water, trees, and even statues that look like our egyptian statues. Now it may be just rock formations but I find it kind of...ironic? What if Mars used to like Earth but somehow the inhabitants of Mars screwed up and led to their own destruction? Doesn't this sound familiar? I don't know about you people but I'm always hearing how humans are eventually going to lead to their own destruction. Maybe this si what happened on Mars. Or maybe God put Mars there to remind us what would happen if we don't take care of Earth.
Now heres the thing, Mars isn't the only planet that i thought of. What if the planet Neptune resembles what would happen if global warming were to keep going on on Earth?
Now i dont know if im exactly right about this one but i forgot which planet is the one where theres a load of heat. What if that planet resembles the Ozone layer of earth?
Mars to me represents the results of a nuclear war. I didn't come up with theories on the other planets.
This is my first post on ATS so yeah...thanks for hearing me out and once again sorry if this already has been thought of.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by IloveMysteries]

[edit on 8-12-2008 by IloveMysteries]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
OK if i understand what you are saying then each planet is a reflection of earths future ??

I dont care about space or planets realy tho they are interesting and its nice to dream abit.

What i do care about is ME and this planet we live on, the amount of money we spend on total crap "sending people to the mooon and mars and probes here there and wahtnot" would be better spent here on this little rock we call home.. now thats just how i see it "tho granted i do read view and like space things" but i cant change the agenda of the people at the top of the foodchain"

So ill say its a good thought but mars aint earth and none of the other planets are, and if humans "snip" up the earth then im sure the earth will be here long after we are.

just like mars is "if indeed" it was once like earth

just a side question "if the other planets our some how another future look at earth what happend to the people on it and why would they make the same mistake 3 or 4 times?"

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by theresult

I think "home" is our solar system.
And if we are the only intelligent beings in the vicinity, it's up to us to figure out what's going on, on those other worlds.

To the OP.
It IS interesting to think about what has happened to Mars.
Whether there was a self-destructive civilization there or not, it has obviously become a big Red, and cold desert. It's important to study Mars history.
Because Mars is now dead, or nearly dead, the geological record has been preserved for us to study. We may learn something valuable about Earth, in those studies.

In your reference to Neptune, you probably meant Venus, which at this time in it's history, has become the poster child for runaway global warming, again, something worth studying.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I agree with you about the space we live in is our home ect

But what i dont get is why always look outward to the other planets when we are inept to keep out own "house" in order??

Dont you think it would be not more wise to understand the earth befor we plan to move ? sure the planets hold a great deal of information but we aint going to be moving there anytime soon on mass..

Sometimes i wonder why it is we view our world the way we do when its the only one we have, its like oh lets destroy earth we can always go live on mars "by that time we are way to late and armagedon has kicked our butts"..

why not make earth in a way that we dont need to move "well untill sun goes nova ofc" but atleast we get a choice to have 2 homes and not just one?

Let me place a bet, what are the odds of us making life on mars or any other planet befor our own planet is so "sniped" up that we wont even get there...

very sad indeed.. and yes there are kids starving and dieing as you type so please think about it.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IloveMysteries

Obviously you have not run into certian few out here who have no problem telling others what they think!!!

But your topic is interesting. I once wondered, when looking at a map of the solar system, if Venus was the before, Earth is the now, and Mars is the future.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
well yeah bascailly what i wanted to say was each planet represents a possible outcome of earths future. also, i totally agree with you that we have this one chance with earth and we shouldnt screw it up. we should take these planets as signs of what could go wrong and make earth a better place to live.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
As you say just from the investigations of the moon and mars your right it ort to be a warning.

Keep thinking, keep listening

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
yay one agrees with me ^^

top topics

join