It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible not 'literally' true: George W Bush

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Bible not 'literally' true: George W Bush

www.theaustralian.news.com.au

US President George W Bush said in an interview that the Bible is "probably not'' literally true and that a belief that God created the world is compatible with the theory of evolution.

"I think you can have both,'' Bush, who leaves office January 20, told ABC television, adding "You're getting me way out of my lane here. I'm just a simple president.''

But "evolution is an interesting subject. I happen to believe that evolution doesn't fully explain the mystery of life'', said the preside
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Does it really matter anymore what he thinks?

I just wonder if he would have stated his opinion if he wasn't on the way out?

How would this affect the Conservatives?

Perhaps he never was a Christian; this may even support the Masonic conspiracies?

Maybe he can relax now he is on the way out and let his true beliefs out of the bag?

Asked whether the Bible was literally true, Bush replied: "Probably not. No, I'm not a literalist, but I think you can learn a lot from it.''

www.theaustralian.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

Oh just wanted to add, doesn't this contradict the Bible?

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The bible isn't "literally" true. It's spin doctored up by the jew's nationalistic beliefs upon documents and records that belonged to the sumerian and older cultures. On top of that it is spin doctored up by the original "church" assoicated in locallized acceptable mythologies of the time to dummy down the truer natured story of the man Jesus.

Christians need to face the facts!

These things however do not take away from the bible as a historic document.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
The bible isn't "literally" true. It's spin doctored up by the jew's nationalistic beliefs upon documents and records that belonged to the sumerian and older cultures. On top of that it is spin doctored up by the original "church" assoicated in locallized acceptable mythologies of the time to dummy down the truer natured story of the man Jesus.

Christians need to face the facts!

These things however do not take away from the bible as a historic document.

I guess urantia is a prime example of truth though,yes?

written in the early 20th century,by a mysterious unknown author...very exciting.OP there is another thread discussing this..

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

where? I just searched for it and nothing else about it came up on ATS???

Are you referring to the urantia issue or this one?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Nope nothing new there ...(Some sects of Dominionists are not literalists) neither are some Methodists and Episcopalian (Which was what he was) ........And ..read here what Skull and Bones idea of being born again is ..
www.cuttingedgeministries.net...
He is a heinz 57 lol ...

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
www.abovetopsecret.com...

no wonder it didn't come up, that thread is focusing on Darwin and is conspiracy in religions section.

Transfer discussion there if you like.

I am just surprised to read about his opinion now, why wasn't he vocal before his election?

reply to post by Simplynoone

Thanks for the link... I just wonder though how reliable is this info:

I have to admit that his religious testimony seems genuine, and his values sound. However, I have several reservations:

1. George W. was initiated into Skull & Bones secret society when he was at Yale. When an initiate enters the coffin during their initiation, he is considered to have "died to self and to this world". When the leader of this coven takes the initiate by the hand and pulls him out of the coffin, that initiate is said to have been "Born Again" to the newness of life . It is a slick and counterfeit Christian experience.

2. George W. has Generation Witchcraft in his background, as his Father and Grandfather had both been active Adepts all throughout their adult life. While the power of the Holy Spirit can certainly deliver someone from the grip of Generational Witchcraft, it is incredibly difficult, especially after the person has gone through the initiation ceremony.

3. No one -- I repeat no one -- ever gets to run for high office unless the Illuminati supports him. George W. Bush's campaign gives every evidence of just such a high level of Illuminist support. If a truly Born Again believer wins the nomination of a major party, the Illuminati would have him assassinated.

4. George W. picked Cheney to be his running mate. Cheney is very high level Illuminati, and one of the more influential members of the CFR.

5. I am deeply troubled by Mr. Bush's testimony, beginning with his praise of Billy Graham. We know for certain that former President Bush is actively Illuminist. We saw all during his Presidency that he called for the New World Order; he preached it, pushed for it, and was the first president to begin surrendering American sovereignty to the United Nations. Thus, when George W. says, "my dad asked Billy" to speak to the family, my spiritual antenna begins flashing.link

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
I am just surprised to read about his opinion now, why wasn't he vocal before his election?

I think supporting evolution to any degree would not have sat well with the hardcore religious right voters.

Credit where credit is due though. I didn't think Bush really had it in him to come up with something like that. Not exactly an original thought that evolution and creationism can sit side by side, but it's not exactly a mainstream view either.

Perhaps he was looking in the mirror shaving one day and pondering the fact that he looks like the missing link

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
First of all I don't believe that the bible is literally true either.
However, does anyone really give a damn what that muppet has to say anymore?

Am I the only one who wishes he would go hunting with Cheney?

Good riddance george! We won't miss you!
Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Tread Already Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I only wish - His Family Didn't exist in my reality but he and they do. and if it weren't the Bushes then it would be the Smiths there is always evil and power like magnets to money.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The points you pasted into your last post are very important. Personally, I agree with them, and I don't find Bush's statement all that surprising. As Lazyninja said, if GW Bush hadn't pandered to the "Christian" vote, he would not have been elected. This is a well-known aspect of American politics, if you can get the "Christians" to vote for you, you'll probably win.

But in reality, GW Bush is merely a puppet with very few convictions. He certainly isn't a Christian, as his actions have shown. In fact, the Bible warns against the mixing of politics and religion.

So whether or not you believe the Bible is literally true or not, just know that Bush doesn't represent true Christians, or the Bible. He represents the New World Order, like his father and grandfather.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I am of the personal opinion that obviously the bible can be taken LITERAL ..but also some of it is most certainly spiritually speaking (symbolic) ..
Like the beasts in the book of Revelation could not possibly be literal beasts ..(because it is clear that they are rulers of countrys) ....

But I also know ..that everything the Lord says that is spiritually speaking (the body is the temple) satan has a literal earthly copy ...as he is EARTHY and PHYSICAL .....

If the bible was not to be taken literal ..then those people would have to say that Christ did not literally come then and that he will not physically return either ........and they would have to say there will be no literal thousand year reign of Christ (which the Dominionists believe the trib is not literal and the thousand year reign of Christ is now and they are the christs (spiritually) who are to rule it for him now ..) .............
Over spiritualizing the word is getting really mainstream lately ..The Pope preaches alot about this ..(Especially John Paul did) ......And so do alot of mainstream Churchs ..(Rick Warrens etc ) ....Methodists etc ...Alot are changing their beliefs to spiritualizing all of the end times events as not gonna happen in the literal world ..

I dont agree ..
Like I said ..I think it is literal and spiritual and sometimes BOTH ..(since satan mimics in the physical what Christ meant in the spiritual) etc etc ...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warrior of Light

As Lazyninja said, if GW Bush hadn't pandered to the "Christian" vote, he would not have been elected. This is a well-known aspect of American politics, if you can get the "Christians" to vote for you, you'll probably win.

That is exactly what I thought when I read the article. How timely.

He represents the New World Order, like his father and grandfather.

Which leads me to consider the very same thing you have written.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
aaaahahahahaha stupid literalists....

suckered again.

-

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Does it really matter anymore what he thinks?

I agree, I lost faith in Bush years ago.................There all the same it seems, with few exceptions.............

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Perhaps he never was a Christian; this may even support the Masonic conspiracies?

I am hesitant to even ask this, but I am intrigued: what masonic conspiracy? I thought I've heard them all, but now there is one involving George Bush not being a Christian?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I find it ironic that on a web site where people discuss things like the planet Nirubu, that you could honestly attack someones belief in Creation over the theory of evolution. Would you be happy if they said the theory of creation? Its interesting that 80% of a Sea Urchin's DNA is found in humans. Why is that? Is it a common ancestor or are we just created using similar ingredients? Perhaps the mighty one that created us has control over our entire dimension that we exist in. You can't see in the dark can you? You can, if you can see heat or different wavelengths. There is a lot in this universe that you can neither touch or even understand exist. Perhaps there is a similar organism so large and powerful that you can't possibly comprehend its omnipotence. One day it could breath or cough and your world would be destroyed. This earth is one large organism just like this universe is. We are all tied together. Don't want to play by God's rules? Woe unto the defeated

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason

I am hesitant to even ask this, but I am intrigued: what masonic conspiracy? I thought I've heard them all, but now there is one involving George Bush not being a Christian?

Oopps ...another can of worms has been opened up in this thread ...(Simplynoone is gonna duck and hide during this one ) ..............lol ...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join