It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Governor Suspends All State Business With Bank Of America!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You 'applaud' this?

You applaud the government when it encourages people to welsh on their debts?

How would you like it if somebody borrowed money from you, then refused to pay it back and ran behind the government's skirts for protection?

To think that Americans once had a reputation for openness and honesty.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I am not surprised that these corporations are doing this with your money.

A corporation exists for one reason and one reason alone, to make more money.
Why are people so shocked that the lovely corporations, the ones who've shown such sensible ethics and working practices in the past *sarcasm*, would run off with your money and invest it somewhere secure in order to make them more money?
It's obvious that this is what they'd do.

It's a machine, it's built to make money from the masses and funnel it to the few. This machine has no concept of morality or ethics. It has no concept of nationality, beyond the nationality of those who siphon the profits off.

Welcome to corporate capitalism.

I think this guy has made a good decision. It's a shame others are not growing a pair and doing the same.
But then you have to wonder if this is on of the few guys is in his position because he truly wishes to serve the people.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I don't know if any of you are in San Fran, but there is a protest in solidarity with the Chicago Factory workers today.

Bail out Workers, Not Banks! Stop Plant Closings!
Protest Bank of America, Tues., Dec. 9, 5pm
Powell and Market, San Francisco

FLYER

Over 200 workers have occupied their workplace
factory at Republic Windows and Doors in Chicago,
after the company shut down the plant, claiming
lack of funds to pay the workers their back pay,
vacation and other benefits, or to give 60 days’ notice as required by federal law.
The plant closing was precipitated by Bank of America’s refusal to extend any more
credit to the company, despite the fact that B of A has received $25 billion in bailout
funds. These billions were supposed to help relieve credit shortages and help sustain
jobs. Instead, the banks are using taxpayer dollars to merge into larger banks.
answer.pephost.org...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You 'applaud' this?

You applaud the government when it encourages people to welsh on their debts?

How would you like it if somebody borrowed money from you, then refused to pay it back and ran behind the government's skirts for protection?

To think that Americans once had a reputation for openness and honesty.

lol you even know about Bank Of America? It's one of the if not the crookedest bank in America. Tons of class action lawsuits and private lawsuits and the bank has lost them or settled. I alone have been involved in at least 5 class action lawsuits against them.

Deposits on credit cards are deposited on the Sunday after the due date of the credit card if not paid online. This was 2 of the class action lawsuits I was involved in.

My sister and sister-in-law worked for them and had this to tell me.

They were instructed to give seniors loans for as much as the seniors would accept, or give them credit cards with outrageous limits on them.

Then over time when the seniors could no longer pay their bills or where placed in a nursing home the bank could call in the debt and collect their house as payment for the loan. They just exchanged a 25,000 loan for a 250,000 house and then would auction off the house and make a nice profit.

When I was told this I thought "ya right no way these seniors would fall for that." Until about a year ago it happened to my friends mother, however before the bank could take the house we made sure it was already sold and paid off the debt and gave the extra to her then. It was a tight squeeze to pull it off but I guess luck was on her side this time.

I canceled all accounts with them and moved to a local credit union and can't be more happy now.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
[I have noticed that the numbers you guys are using are from the current banker bail out you need to look a little further because there are like 10 BAIL OUT plans they have been using for over a year the actual bill the last time I looked was at 8.5 trillion. That is 70,500 dollars per american worker!( not the national debt the current total of money they have handed out in bail outs)

They knew that they werent going to use this money here in America we are a CONSUMER society! Not a PRODUCTION society we havent been for quite some time. We have a life or death need to start our way BACK to being able to SUPPORT our own! With manufacturing and production for the American People by the American People and if we dont get off our hind ends right now and start moving these banksters and their band of thieves are going to run us straight into the ground and not look back! They know that if we dont get the help we need to go back to being a production country we are done!! It just hasnt gotten into the heads of the tv watching ,msm following, its all me public!

They know that at the current time they can go else where and get cheap companies and even cheaper labor over seas to make them even more money than they have.
WE AS AMERICAN PEOPLE need to stand up and get this country back on her feet! If they dont want to give us OUR money as LOANS then screw them.
We started this country without banks and by God we can take it back and bring her back to her glory without a BANK too.

There are plenty of ways we can get our own finacial system running between ourselves with out some bank at the top making it impossible for us to come together because if we come together and do this THEY ARE DONE! PERIOD
You dont like this farce brought upon us???
GOOD, turn off that tv ;turn off that its all for me mentality and get on the wagon! We came here with nothing and out of nothing we built a great nation a nation that the banking and elitist theives are now steeling from us right in front of our eyes!
\ When I had my children I envisioned them growing up in our great country with the rights to go after and obtain anything they could dream of. This dream isnt going to be avialable to any of our children unless we the adults of this country stand up get on the wagon and start to turn this around ourselves. It is painfully obvious that our government isnt going to help, they are going to keep taking money WE THE PEOPLE dont even have and handing it over to the elite who will continue to run us into the ground until there is nothing left to take. WAKE UP PEOPLE! Start making drafts of small business' that we can start with a barter system between like minded business'.
If you can sew well can you make clothes blankets tool bags? Can your friends make clothes etc?
Can you grow food in greenhouses? How many people can you get to work with you on it?
We have plent of electritians that are out of work get a group going and work with the suppliers in a group to get things moving again.
IT ISNT THAT HARD IT JUST TAKES ONE STEP! ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER!

I have alot more ideas on how we can jump off the energy grid too. For what it would cost us for one months utilities we can build solar panels and get off the dependancy to them, further making it possible to run ANY machines we may have to use.
Water there are plenty of ranches across our great nation that have natural springs on them and there are even more water truckers out of business why not set up a co op in your area? Get the water and deliever it! No more over the top water bills from the state! They wont be able to charge you for anything other than sewer if you dont use the water!
(TID BIT you can fill a washer with your own water and it will still RUN! If you use a bio degradable and bleach free soap you can put that water to use watering non edible plants to keep them alive.)

You see it takes just one person to start a reveloution but it takes an army of people to stop a war. This is the war for the well being of our future generations! This is the time we need to be the adults we are and come to the realization that if we dont take the front line they are going to be living in a third world country!

I LOVE YOU ALL I MAY NOT KNOW ALL OF YOU BUT YOU ARE MY COUNTRY MEN/WOMEN YOU ARE MY NEIGHBORS AND I WILL BE THE FIRST ONE TO HAND YOU FOOD IF YOU NEED IT FOR YOUR KIDS, CLOTHES AND JACKETS SO YOU CAN STAY WARM AND LOVE AND A SHOULDER TO CRY ON WHILE YOU TRY AND FIGURE OUT THE RIGHT PATH TO TAKE.

b]THIS HAS GOT TO STOP AND ITS UP TO US TO BRING IT ABOUT. WE ARENT GOING TO GET THE HELP WE NEED FROM THE GOVERNMENT WE PUT INTO OFFICE SO ITS TIME WE DID IT OURSELVES OR DIE TRYING

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Update

The Governor has now been taken into Federal custody, per this new thread.

Why am I not surprised.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
B of A investing in China ?
Remember who do we owe billions of Dollars to that we've borrowed from to pay for our military expenses ? Yes, the Chinese. In fact coincidentally enough, the Bank of China recently STOPPED lending to US banks all together.
That's why we REALLY had this supposed bailout with no strings attached. We really had to begin making payments back to the Chinese...our credit card holders.

All in all the last time I checked, George W. Bush WAS our president
and coincidentally appointed all of these FED crooks, Bernanke and Frankenstein there, Hank Paulsen. Another group of IVY league educated holier than thou piece of the controlling power elitist.

The sheer timing of the bailout and the pressure exerted on the house and senate to pass them so expediently has appeared very shady all along.
Now here we are months later and nothing has been done. More people than ever are defaulting on their mortgages because they've no job to pay their mortgage with.

The president wields a lot of power, what we have with our political system is a bunch of brown noses looking out for their own a##e# looking up to the head honcho, power monger, aka " The Decider".

He says " Jump" and they faithfully retort "How High Mr. Decider Sir ?" for we'd rather not end up in a plane crash or suddenly committing suicide.

We've essentially created another Monarchy under the guise of a a free democratic system and our tax revenues are their piggy bank.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
whoops, niteboy82 beat me to it.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by YourFavorite]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Said Govenor was taken into federal custody this morning 12-9-08. Although corruption is nothing new to Chicago, and he's been under investigation for some time. I think the timing of his being placed in custody is interesting.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
One minute ago on Fox they just broke a News Alert and the Illinois Governor and others have just been arrested, interesting yup it is.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
Why can't Congress appoint a "Bank Czar" to ensure the $700 Billion is
used properly, like the "Car Czar" who'll be put in place to oversee the
the paultry $15 Billion going to GM/FORD/CHRYSLER?

It looks like the Banks received their money with no strings attached,
but I thought there supposed to be conditions attached to their bailout?

I wonder how many other companies have closed their doors and left
employees hanging? If these workers had not of protested in such a
dramatic way, I doubt we'd be hearing about this incident either.
-cwm

A bank "Czar"....??? Come on. Guys everyone seems to forget that our country has been taken over from within. Our country has gone through a hostile take over from within our own boarders. We are no longer the United States of America in principal. We are a nation of slaves to a structured class of wealthy business men. Wake up

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
And as for the gov getting arrested.....Guys this guy had an approval rating of 16% he only done this whole Bank of America thing to gather support for himself, He suspended banking with B.O.A. because that would help put the tribune company on a faster track to filing bank rupt. hence adding pressure on the tribune company to force payroll and cutting loose writers who have never supported him and bashed him monthly. Very calculated move if you as me. Before you guys all jump on a band wagon you should read into things more. Everyone is so quick to support a guy who is using a smoke screen to cover his own criminal tracks.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I think most of you are looking way past the basics of this issue.

Simply put.

I need all of you to lend me money-NOW. I can't promise I can pay you back ANY OF IT and may even go belly up once I get any money.

Who of you will be sending me the money? ............ I'll wait............................. well?

I'll even toss this bite.... With your money, I will hire those 200 employees....... Come on, just let me know who is sending me money and how much.

The fact of the matter is that NONE of you, or any rational person, would take me up on this. It's the same thing-but on a large scale.

On, by-the-way, I want to know where you got your money and what you do with it.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It is quite mind blowing to me that he is now in Federal Custody on charges of fraud as of this morning. This issue with Bank of America's misdoings and his intervention will not receive any air time or media attention because they will now focus on corrupt campaigning and paint this issue out of the minds of humans never to be discussed with the exceptions the the Governor is viewed as completely corrupt and idiotized. One more score for the Bank of A** The players in this game will soon all be deflated in time.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Corruption or not, it does seem like very convenient timing for the feds to arrest the governor. I find it hard to believe that the two issues are unrelated.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Whoa...

Rarely, if ever, do I applaud the gov, but in this instance, for once, they appear to be doing something for the "little people".

This same gov. was just arrested on conspiracy to sell Obama's senate seat to highest bidder.
What a world.

AAC

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

I agree but as usual they have very expensive damage team doing their jobs for them and what money can not buy can be put in jail and gagged.

The diversion from the two bad news from BOA has been dealt with, one made it to the news outlets the second one and most important that has to to with bail out money was sweep under the rug.

Now all you will see in ATS is about the Governor of Illinois and the"possible links" to Obama.

Even here in ATS the power of persuasion and redirection of information by some influence by the news can not be stopped.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I am a resident of Illinois, and the Feds have been after this douchebag of a Governor for a very long time. Illinois is broke because of this A*hole. He has been stealing the states funds and using them to fatten his own bank account. He's one half of the core reason that Illinois has not joined the Conceal and Carry club with the rest of the country. His fear of getting caught red handed made him fear the armed citizen. DICK Daley is the other half of that problem. Illinois is like it's own little dictatorship. And the Dictator just got taken out.
I live in Illinois, I have several friends that on the state police force. And I knew this was happening last month, before it even hit the news. This piece of crap had this coming, and I hope they put him away for a long time. A*holes like Blago are why this country is in disrepair.
I'm glad to see they finally nailed this douche. Families in Illinois are suffering because of this jerk off and his cronies.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
let me get this straight....they want boa (i hate them for other reasons) to take federal bailout mone "required" from the practice of making bad loans....and give it to a company going out of buisness with no real hope for repayment.....am i missing something other than a vote buying scheme?

------Aaron

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
Corruption or not, it does seem like very convenient timing for the feds to arrest the governor. I find it hard to believe that the two issues are unrelated.

They are related.....Because they wanted to nip his support before it cause grass roots blue collar supporters who would be willing to turn a blind eye to his corrupt dealing and gather national support. They took him out of the spot light of a hero and into the glare of criminal to curb the public view over him it was calculated risk on his part to pull this and a calculated move on the feds part to hope they cut off public support for this guy before it runs wild. There is a very big game of chess being played on a bunch levels right now to keep the public from blowing a gasket over this banking issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join