It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New gun for seniors could be subsidized by Medicare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

New gun for seniors could be subsidized by Medicare

rawstory.com

A New Jersey company says they have gotten federal approval to market a gun to the elderly and hopes to have it subsized by Medicare.

Constitution Arms says its Palm Pistol will aid seniors with arthritis who would otherwise have trouble pulling the trigger. The device allows individuals to shoot by squeezing with their thumb.

The company's president Matthew Carmel says its "something that they need to assist them in daily living," and has applied to have the gun approved as a Class 1 medical device, the same designation given by Medicare to walkers and wheelchairs.

Palm Pistol retails for $460.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-12-2008 by baseball101]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Wow, senior citizens getting armed now? this is interesting especially if they get it subsidized by medicare ... the elderly won't be messed with anymore .... interesting that's about all i can say about this i guess this is a good thing for the elderly but also quite scary i mean some of the elderly can't control their hands that well and if this was subsidized and they got one i'd be steering clear of them ... wow this is kind of scary haha ... is this a foreshadowing of what's to come? post thoughts...

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

Great, so now I have to worry about a Rascal drive-by.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

haha indeed ... the elderly in their 'pimped out' Cadillac's and Grand Marquis's ... can't forget the ones in the electric wheelchairs ... wow that would be scary seeing an older person in one coming after you with one of these guns...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join