It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Study Rules Out Pearl Harbor Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

NSA Study Rules Out Pearl Harbor Conspiracy

www.telegraph.co.uk

A new study has concluded the US did not have advance warning about Japan's plan to bomb Pearl Harbor.

Now, a team at the National Security Agency (NSA) has carried out a study which rules out the long-held theory surrounding one of the Second World War's most enduring mysteries.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.roguegovernment.com
www.nsa.gov

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Was Pearl Harbor allowed to happen?
The McCollum Memo: The Smoking Gun of Pearl Harbor

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have looked at the NSA site for this study, although briefly, and provided a link to it, in case any of you find it. Please post it if you do. As of yet I cannot find the NSA source....developing...

Maybe after the fallout from admitting the Golf of Tonkin incident was staged, they've had enough?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
From www.iht.com...

But after analyzing American and foreign intelligence sources and decrypted cables, historians for the National Security Agency concluded in a historical documentary released last week that whatever other warnings reached Washington about the attack, the "winds execute" message was not one of them.

So where is this documentary? Anyone know?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It took them 67 years to come up with that conclusion?

Smells fishy to me.
Can you say propaganda?

Who says the government isn't efficient?

[edit on 8-12-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
www.fdrs.org...

SUSPICIOUS FACTS ON PEARL HARBOR

In Rule By Secrecy, Jim Marrs offers a few suspicious facts on Pearl Harbor (pp. 174-175). Below we offer an abbreviated version of this list:

* "During Pacific naval exercises m 1932 and 1938, and with Japanese military attaches closely observing, U.S. Navy officers theoretically destroyed the Pacific fleet at Pearl Harbor both times.

* Roosevelt ordered the Pacific fleet moved to the exposed position at Pearl Harbor over the vigorous objections of Admiral James O. Richardson, who was replaced for refusing to issue the order.

* They also knew that a large Japanese task force, including six aircraft carriers, had dropped from sight after moving toward America.

* This prompted U.S. Army Chief of Staff George C. Marshall, a close associate to many CFR members, to send an oddly worded message to Pearl Harbor commanders on November 27, 1941, "Hostile action possible at any moment. If hostilities cannot, repeat CANNOT, be avoided, the United States desires that Japan commit the first overt act. This policy should not, repeat NOT, be construed as restricting you to a course of action that might jeopardize your defense." Despite this clear warning, with its accompanying suggestion not to attack any attackers, Pacific fleet ships remained at anchor and aircraft were bunched into clusters of "sitting ducks" as "security" against saboteurs.

* On December 4 Australian intelligence reported sighting the missing Japanese task force moving toward Pearl Harbor but Roosevelt dismissed it as a rumor begun by pro-war Republicans.

* During investigations after the attack, Marshall and Navy Secretary Frank Knox both testified they could not recall their whereabouts the night of December 6. It was later revealed that they were both in the White House with Roosevelt."

Maybe Jim Marrs can shed some light on this new study, if we can ever find it, lol.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Hmm...

I guess this newspaper editor was on some Maui Wowie!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Try this link for the info.

You can E-M Mr. David Hatch, NSA historian, for the info on booklets or even have pamphlets mailed to you.

I have read/researched much about this over the years and always found flaws in the conspiracy side with hindsight used instead of historical facts.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Okay so the Governement (via one of its most secretive agencies that has been spying on its own citiznes for years) has come out with a report that exonerates itself in any sort of conspiracy regarding Pearl Harbor.

What next? Possible new studies

Tonkin: Spot on
Bay Of Pigs: Don't blame us, it was those Cubans

etc etc etc

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion

Hmm...

lol, as if that is actually a real newspaper and not something concocted by a loon.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

Well, it's no Weekly World News...

HILO TRIBUNE-HERALD
Micro only: Feb. 19, 1923 - Mar. 1, 1964
(On reel w/ HAWAII TRIBUNE HERALD)
Formerly: HILO DAILY TRIBUNE; HAWAII HERALD; DAILY POST- HERALD
Cont'd as: HAWAII TRIBUNE HERALD

hawaii.gov...-herald
Hawaii Tribune-Herald

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
It took them 67 years to come up with that conclusion?

Smells fishy to me.
Can you say propaganda?

Who says the government isn't efficient?

[edit on 8-12-2008 by ashamedamerican]

To me this says that it was not only known in advance it
was provoked.

The secret Mc Collum Memo

This has been known for some time.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
i52.photobucket.com...

Hmm...

lol, as if that is actually a real newspaper and not something concocted by a loon.

A quick 3 second Google search shows that's a real newspaper in Hawaii.

Seriously. Troll much?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ragnarak

Hey!

Don't Deny "logician"'s...bliss.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Please Stay On Topic

Thanks

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I personally believe that the equipment of that era was at fault, or at least the training that was provided with the new radar systems.
I have always heard of the attack being misidentified as "B-17" that were supposed to be in transition, and would be an honest assumption when seen on radar.

Pearl Harbor - 7:02 AM

Two Army operators at Oahu's northern shore radar station detect the
Japanese air attack approaching and contact a junior officer who
disregards their reports, thinking they are American B-17 planes which
are expected in from the U.S. west coast.

When the talks with Japan were at their close, the Japanese had had a different plan for attack, much like the comocazi of their air Forces, they had created a blind spot and took advantage of it, even down to the knowledge of possible "B-17" that were implicated.

"Misinterpretation with lack of knowledge with the radar systems of that day." IMHO.....

At 7:53 AM, the first Japanese assault wave, with 51 Val dive bombers,
40 Kate torpedo bombers, 50 high level bombers and 43 Zero fighters,
commences the attack with flight commander,
Mitsuo Fuchida, sounding the battle cry "Tora - Tora - Tora"
(Tiger - Tiger - Tiger)

It was a "WELL" orchestrated attack on a rather defenseless and vulnerable US Pacific fleet.

Source:
members.tripod.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Well do a bit of reading of history books and not Wikipedia and you would find in part the following .

Years ago I read somewhere that during the 1930s that a Japanese diplomat was given a tour of one of the airfields . I think that this info appeared in the book At Dawn We Slept . Even if my memory is faulty security at Pearl Habour was pretty lax .

Pre war the IJN Strategic play book went something like this . Draw the USN to the area around the islands that were mandates after WW1 and fight a decisive battle were the IJN would be victorious . Along way Carrier based aircraft and Submarines would weaken the USN . The US based its planning around the flawed War Plan Orange .

Disagreements between military leaders and politicians is nothing new . Just look at the current Iraq conflict . The six carriers in question could have been used in operations against Malaysia or the Philippines e.t.c . So it would have been a wild stab in the dark at best to guess where they would end up .

FDR main focus was on Europe and giving aid to England and fighting the Naizs . Any act that could be seen to spark a war with the Axis would not have gone down well with the isolations in Congress .

Pro War Republicans ?
Republicans were the isolations back then . If its the same alleged sighting by a merchant ship well the claimants have never traced the name of the ship making it just another unsubstantiated claim . The last point is of little relevance due to logic and history ruling out any conspiracy theory .

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
when they put out a report saying that you were, in fact, never born...

sorry, but we're all going to believe that as well.
you'll just start fading away like Michael J Fox in Back to the Future.

-

[edit on 8-12-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Here's a tid-bit found, and it would seem as if there were other "Plans" for the events of 1941 and the attacks on pearl harbor.

This book deals with what the Japanese general plans were for Hawaii, assuming that they would be able to take it over. For a long time there actually weren't any specific plans, and when plans were made up they were not always extremely specific. It was thought that the large population of persons of Japanese ancestry on the island might be a help to the Japanese, who hoped that those people would be giving their first loyalty to Japan and not to the US.

www.bookmice.net...

Very interesting points of views and conclusions as to why this could have all taken place.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
ROFLMAO!!!!

Oh goodness they finally figured it out!! PFFT!!!

I cannot believe that the NSA wants to try to come up with a lame arsed theory like this!!!!

Sheesh cmon government, isnt it time you guys give up while your WAY behind?

I dont suppose all the testimony from the Japanese military officials during the inqueries that followed the end of WWII, the testimony of even our own government officials of that time, would matter much would it!!!!

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 8-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
ROFLMAO!!!!

Right back at you for swallowing such half baked conspiracy theory's rather then facing the actual facts .

I cannot believe that the NSA wants to try to come up with a lame arsed theory like this!!!!

The NSA has recently more or less admitted that the Gulf of Tokin incident was a non event so there is no logical reason why there would be a continued cover up of an older event .

I dont suppose all the testimony from the Japanese military officials during the inqueries that followed the end of WWII, the testimony of even our own government officials of that time, would matter much would it!!!!

: Thinks :
Lets see now Yamamoto and Nagumo didn't survive the war . Japanese diplomats were told to destroy there Enigma Machines but were not informed of any details of upcoming war plans . For the first six months of the war the Japanese were very disciplined concerning secrecy surrounding there war plans . Even when you look at the Japanese military and civilian leaders who survived the war there is no reason why those in the know would have leaked details of the Pearl Harbour attack .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join