It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese property hunters to raid US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The Japanese did the same thing a couple decades back. They bought tons of properties and collector items. I recall an article how they had driven up the price of the 1963-1967 Corvettes to unbelievable prices.

Those with cash look for bargains. Later, when things turn around, they sell at a profit, and look for more bargains.

Nothing new, nothing to fear.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I don't want foriegn money artificially proping up the over priced housing market, I want housing prices to fall, so I can buy a house at a reasonable price, not an over inflated price. It is the investor mentality that says to heck with everything, I want to make money that has created this whole mess. Those who want the Chinese to prop up housing prices are willing to sell their souls to the devil, and that is what they are doing.

The Japanese bought up commercial property, and lost their behinds. I know most of the commericial property in Silicon Valley is setting empty, and they are going through a building boom. It makes no sense, it is like the eighties, when all these building were built, which sat empty for a decade, and are now empty again.

Well, if the economy collapses, at least we will have a great deal of indoor space to squat.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
One thing it may cause is when they get the property here and find out they can leave china with there money they may not want to go back.

This could cause a lot more problems in China then in the US.
as there rich and well educated class leave and become Americans.
then there family's fallow them leaving just the peons behind.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I don't want foriegn money artificially proping up the over priced housing market, I want housing prices to fall, so I can buy a house at a reasonable price, not an over inflated price. It is the investor mentality that says to heck with everything, I want to make money that has created this whole mess. Those who want the Chinese to prop up housing prices are willing to sell their souls to the devil, and that is what they are doing.
reply to post by poet1b

You sound like someone trying to get into the housing market not an owner trying to survive this downturn.

The result of further deteriation of the real estate market is foreclosure. Credit agencies owning properties they don't want and suddenly can't afford. They don't have the facilities to properly manage the real estate like the former owner so it slips into disrepair and is often gutted by opportunists who take anything of value like plumbing and wiring.

Buyers such as you are reluctant to get into the market because of uncertainty so good properties stay on the market.

The clasical down spiral causing a resession if not controled.

Just a reminder, the recession of the 1930's lasted over a decade and recovery came only with the advent of WWII. Some would say that we should avoid a similar outcome at all costs!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join