It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Group Plans 'Pink Christmas' With Two Josephs, Two Marys

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a previous poster asked why the Christians are being 'picked on' in this, and really I think it's just because it's the main religion in the US and many other western countries, it's the religion of a lot of Government, and as I say, many of the people. Also, some homophobic people do hide behind religion, seeming to use it as an excuse for somewhat bigotted views..so..i can understand to an extent why people are doing this.

But personally, as i say this thing disgusts me. Christians have their religion and it clearly gives the Biblical story as Joseph and Mary. I don't see any leeway in it, or any reason to confuse kids by mucking about with it in some screwed up shock tactic to force tolerance.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I don't think they will have any benefit from doing such a thing. It will only upset, anger and offend people no matter what faith they may be. It only makes the group look like they do not think anything is sacred and they don't care how low they have to go to try to make a point.

It will hurt them, not help them, and they are dumb-dumbs for even thinking about pulling such a stunt.

Jemison

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
They will certainly get what they deserve when the angry mob descends on their display.

I don't think they'll get an angry mob. If they do, it'll make said persons look equally bad.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
I applaud what they are doing, although for slightly different reasons. It is amusing to me, to see the lengths others will go to justify themselves to others. People are so insecure with their thoughts, feelings, actions, that they will do any sort of ridiculous thing in order to 'legitimize' or justify what they are doing.

I applaud this as I would any other act of entertainment, be it theater or music.

Some months ago I went to see a movie in the theatre. The character on the screen would fart and all the pre-teens would laugh. Surely they have a right to put it on the screen. Sure the pre-treens have the right to laugh, but forgive me as I walk out of the theatre. The next decade may yield a society of farting, laughing adults.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is just pointless...then again...let them do what the hell they want.If it offends some christians or other people dont go watch it,problem solved.An intellectual debate with information etc would have been better than having gay fictitous characters doing a play..but oh well...no harm in doing what they are doing.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by ShAuNmAn-X
These activists are like born again christians, constantly trying to shove their lifestyle and point of view down peoples throats.

I'm a born again Christian. Did I try to shove my lifestyle and point of view down other's throats? What about those born again Christians who do not speak to others? I have a list and I'm confident you don't know their names ^_^.

I'm sorry I should have been more specific in my comparison. SOME "Born again" Christians especially in my area are very fundamentalist and they do actually try to shove their opinion down peoples throats. I do not have a problem with most Christians but there are a couple groups in my area who are just as bad as the gay activistas that will not leave people alone. I recently had an incident with some of them where I was told that my entire family would burn in hell just based on the fact that I do not go to church every sunday. They scared my son with all of their crap. For the record I do not belong to an "organized religion" I am not an atheist and I certainly don't dislike Christians. I dislike the radicals here calling themselves "born again" and harassing people. Sorry for getting off topic there.

On topic-
I understand that Christians will not react with violence and I certainly agree that we should not feed the trolls. My main point is that the gay community would find acceptance much easier if some of the radical activists would knock their crap off. The gay community as a whole will never be taken seriously if some of their activists keep resorting to these types of actions. I mean come on. "We made your nativity scene gay! neener neener neener"It's beyond childish IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join