It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Group Plans 'Pink Christmas' With Two Josephs, Two Marys

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
What if Jesus had gay parents?

Hey it is possible, he was born of virgin birth right?

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands — A Dutch gay group said Monday it has planned a "Pink Christmas" festival for the first time in Amsterdam, featuring a manger stall with two Josephs and two Marys.

Other attractions in the 10-day festival include parties, an open-air market, gay-themed films, an ice skating rink and religious services on Dec. 25.

ProGay group chairman Frank van Dalen said Monday the event is intended to increase the choices for homosexual men and women during the Christmas holiday week.

"Right now, there's not much to do," he said.

The festival will also encourage people to think about homosexuality and religion, Van Dalen added.

www.foxnews.com...

I'm not sure it would be wise to encourage people to think about homosexuality and religion, unless you are seeking a debate on the subject. Most Christians believe Homosexuality is a damnable sin.

Will radical Christians be incited to Muslim like rage and perhaps violence over this gay portrayal of Christmas?

Have a very gay Christmas!

Gay Holidays!

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Disgusting.

I'm not religious, far from it really...

But this is NOT the message you want to be sending your kids is it?

Child life is confusing enough without some damaging homosexual agenda screwing with their minds.

Disgusting...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I question how damaging it is. I mean this is Christianity we're talking about, it's hard to imagine it could warp someone's mind even worse than it already does.

Having said that....

you know what I want for X mas?

For the gays to just shut up for five minutes! Yer like that annoying idiot on the bus who sits there having a super loud conversion on his cell phone like he thinks everyone needs to hear it. Five minutes! Come on!

Sorry to pick on the gays. There's a lot of other people I'd like to just shut the hell up to, but I was trying to stay on topic.

SHHHHHHHHHHH!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Two Mary's and two Joseph's? That I don't see the point of. As non religious as I am, the Biblical story is that Jesus was born to Mary and Joseph. You know, one of each. What's the point of adding in another of each, as all it does is completely screw up the story.

Edit:

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
you know what I want for X mas?

For the gays to just shut up for five minutes! Yer like that annoying idiot on the bus who sits there having a super loud conversion on his cell phone like he thinks everyone needs to hear it. Five minutes! Come on!

Sorry to pick on the gays. There's a lot of other people I'd like to just shut the hell up to, but I was trying to stay on topic.

Despite being gay myself, I actually agree with you on this. You can't force tolerance by shoving something in someone's face repeatedly, hoping they'll see sense, as I feel some gay groups are doing. I understand the push for tolerance, and equality, I really do..and I can also understand wanting it as soon as possible, because I do personally. But, all this rabid push for tolerance seems to be doing is making gay people seem extremists, which is hurting us far more than helping.

Just my cynical POV at the minute.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by DarkPassenger]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

What message is that? That people can love eachother no matter what gender they are? Just on the subject of Homosexuality, until you can prove 100% that it's not something that happens at birth, then I'd be pretty careful what message you send to your kids. One of them might be gay, and if the message you're sending is "gay is wrong, gay is a sin", that may be more damaging.

As to the "gay nativity", I think it's just plain silly and a slap in the fact to Christians. Now, I'm not Christian, and I am a supporter of gay rights, but this one is just plain wrong. "They don't have much to do"? How about celebrating the "Christmas Holiday" that athiest, or other Non-Christians celebrate. You know the one, where we spend time with family, enjoy the gift of giving, create memories. Not all people celebrate the "Christian" Christmas.

Yes, same goes for those Christians who INSIST on making every bit of December about you Christmas. Let people celebrate Winter Solstice, and say "Season's Greetings". There is no reason for any group to s*it on the traditions of another, just because it doesn't fit their world view.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Agreed.

Im no religious or in favor/against homossexuals (even tho i think its not natural)
Anyone does what they want with their lives but this is a bit offesive towars religious ppl.

I mean, c'mon. The homossexuals get all excited when the church or religious ppl say something about them and with this they will only put more wood in the fire.

I say, dont do things to others that you dont want for yourself.

This seems just another lame attempt by a "nobody" to call attention.
Attention whores !

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Layla
...people can love eachother no matter what gender they are? Just on the subject of Homosexuality, until you can prove 100% that it's not something that happens at birth, then I'd be pretty careful what message you send to your kids. One of them might be gay, and if the message you're sending is "gay is wrong, gay is a sin", that may be more damaging.

I believe people do have the right to love each other as they choose, yet I find it bothersome that the Gay community would like to legitimize their sexuality and lifestyle through religion, particularly Christianity.

If they have no fear of god then why bother constantly pushing the gay agenda within the christian faith?

There are many gays who not only want to be married, but demand to be married in a Church of God... Why?

Do gays want to rewrite Christianity, or just be accepted and not absolved of sin but have that sin changed into a godly way of life?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
gotta say that this is pretty stupid, non productive and makes a very lot of people look at gays in a different light ~ not a good one ~
why gays sabotage themselves constantly is beyond me!
where is ya'lls common sence??

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Well, that's an entirely different debate. However, I will say that if there are some that "demand" to be married in a Church, perhaps it's because they believe in God, and would like that blessing also? The thing is, there ARE Christian churches who openly accept homosexulas, and WILL perform the ceremony. These churches are not as few and far between as they once were.

Then, there are others who are just trying to "make a point", just like with this darned nativity. Neither of those actions are correct. Again, just like homosexuals should not try to change the nativity, they should not try to change a church that doesn't agree with them. The same goes for the church, they should just leave them alone instead of investing millions of dollars to slur the entire gay population. Neither group is better than the other when they are attacking and slandering.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
As a Christian this offends me. Deeply. I don't care if that offends somebody or not. I am not a gay-basher and I do not pretend that I have the right to judge someone else's lifestyle but that doesn't mean that I like having it pushed in my face constantly. I think those organizers are deeply disturbed.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This stunt is so stupid and pointless.

Why are they depicting characters from the Bible? It's disrespectful to devout Christians, and will only hurt the fight for Gays demanding the same rights as everyone else.

Idiots.

[edit on 8/12/08 by MacDonagh]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
When a group stands by a scene that isn't true, the group then becomes associated with untruth. This image does more harm to those who advocate it than anyone else.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Is there anyone who can with 100% solid evidence prove that their version of the "truth" is wrong?

Better yet, can anyone actually prove the biblical stories of Christ beyond what is available in written texts?

It perhaps is both a matter of faith and perception?

If it is a fictional story, then perhaps a gay version of Christmas is as valid as the traditional christian version.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I too had that thought when reading Saints post.

Many would state the the group standing by the "false scene" are the Christians, the Christians would point at the Muslims, the Muslims and the Jews, etc.

Truth (especially in regards to religion) is faith more than fact, is it not?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Layla
Truth (especially in regards to religion) is faith more than fact, is it not?

If I tell you that I am God, would you have enough faith to believe in me?

A "truth" in religion is only as strong as the faith in it.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
reply to post by saint4God

Is there anyone who can with 100% solid evidence prove that their version of the "truth" is wrong?

Better yet, can anyone actually prove the biblical stories of Christ beyond what is available in written texts?

If it is a fictional story, then perhaps a gay version of Christmas is as valid as the traditional christian version.

Regardless of the truth or falsehood of the story, this is just a slap in the face to the christians. Nothing will happen over this except more arguing and intolerance. I do not think that there will be violence. I do however believe that this is just a provocative measure to give them more fuel to scream intolerance. I am not against gays in any way, peoples sexuality is their business. Where the Activists are going wrong is that their shoving all of their bedroom business down everyones throats. These activists are like born again christians, constantly trying to shove their lifestyle and point of view down peoples throats. They need to wise up and see that these tactics ultimately anger people and defeat their cause.

Edit to add- If it's anger that these people want then why don't they depict Muhammad in this way? That'll piss off a lot of people worldwide.

[edit on 12/9/2008 by ShAuNmAn-X]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

Contrary to popular belief, truth is a constant, not a variable.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShAuNmAn-X
this is just a slap in the face to the christians.

Since when have Christians NOT been slapped in the face. It's been going on for two thousand years, just in various degrees. Back then, we'd be killed for the mere belief. These days in many countries we don't have to suffer that kind of persecution...but it doesn't mean it disappears entirely.

Nothing will happen over this except more arguing and intolerance.

It takes two to argue. Speak softy, no need to be silent.

I do however believe that this is just a provocative measure to give them more fuel to scream intolerance.

Yep, "don't feed the trolls".

These activists are like born again christians, constantly trying to shove their lifestyle and point of view down peoples throats.

I'm a born again Christian. Did I try to shove my lifestyle and point of view down other's throats? What about those born again Christians who do not speak to others? I have a list and I'm confident you don't know their names ^_^.

Edit to add- If it's anger that these people want then why don't they depict Muhammad in this way? That'll piss off a lot of people worldwide.

It's easy to pick on Christians. Rarely will they respond in anger and if they do, they're out of compliance with the Bible.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Just a cheap and offensive ploy to draw attention to themselves. If they are truly trying to advance their agenda, this is certainly not the answer.

They will certainly get what they deserve when the angry mob descends on their display.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I applaud what they are doing, although for slightly different reasons. It is amusing to me, to see the lengths others will go to justify themselves to others. People are so insecure with their thoughts, feelings, actions, that they will do any sort of ridiculous thing in order to 'legitimize' or justify what they are doing.

I applaud this as I would any other act of entertainment, be it theater or music. I believe gays have the same inalienable rights as straights do. I believe marriage falls under that category. I think the search for approval from dissentors only displays insecurity and weakens the cause. Live life by your own convictions and your own standards and forget about the rest. There will always be a people that disagree with your choices and lifestyle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join