It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychiatric treatment used to 'silence' Chinese critics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Psychiatric treatment used to

www.guardian.co.uk

Local officials in China appear to be increasingly using forcible psychiatric treatment to silence critics, a leading expert said today amid claims that at least 18 complainants were held in a mental hospital in Shandong province against their will.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-12-2008 by L.HAMILTON]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Speak against police brutality or government and it will land you in a mental asylum . What better way of silencing the opposition and controlling the population with an unannounced penalty if you step out of line. I fear that this type of government control will soon find its way into this country, as we all see a slow transition of military presence on our streets.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I can't speak for china and laws about this are at the state level here in the US.

I work at one in the US and anyone can be admitted if the person admitting them claims they are a danger to themselves or others. However only a 5 day admission in my state applies after 5 days they have to be released by a board of hospital and legal authorities, unless the doctor requests they stay for more treatment and the board agrees, they will be released.

That being said we get patients all the time that think the govt. is out to get them or claim the CIA, FBI is following them etc.

If they were in this hospital and made those claims whether true or not they would be hospitalized for 90 days and checked to see if they have schizophrenia because that is a normal symptom of it.

Best thing they could do is just act normal and not talk about it along with denying any accusations of that by laughing and calling it absurd.

Again this is just my local laws and I have no idea how china or even if china has laws on this.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

They learned well from the Gulag days of the old Soviet Union. This is an old tactic used even in many countries through out history. If you disagree they through you into some form of prison or outright bumped you of! In a country like China where no rights exist, its not hard to understand how this would be used. I can see that happening here on a grand scale soon in our future if everything people say is hapening in our country!
Zindo

top topics

join