It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Ultra-Secret Weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Every war has its wonder weapon. In Afghanistan, it was the Predator, the unmanned drone that would loiter, invisibly, over the battlefield before unleashing a Hellfire missile on an unsuspecting target. The Gulf War marked the debut of precision-guided munitions, and in Vietnam helicopters came of age. World War II gave us the horror of nuclear weapons, and World War I introduced the tank. If there's a second Gulf War, get ready to meet the high-power microwave.

Full Story: www.time.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yus , yus, ive read about it in the paper. Hey what do you lot think about shoulder thermobaric rocket launcher? That is a one mean son of the bitch. I wouldnt like to be in a building when it goes off.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 04:39 AM
link   
William One Sac.

Interesting read.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This was on either the Discovery Channel or the History channel 2 nights ago. So much for ultra-secret.

It is an old concept that they finally got to work, I suppose.

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Sounds to me more like a elctromagnetic pulse. that would not only be damaging to electrical equipment but to humans as well. People living near large power lines and/or transformers have a greater likelihood to have children with birth defects because of the electromagnetic field. A pulse is similar to a field except that its duration is much shorter but its effects would be much greater. Seems to me this could cause generations of horrible, disfiguring birth-defects. If anyone has evidence to the contrary, please share it with me.

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
isn't this just very similar to the Goldeneye weapon in the James Bond of the same name?

Except that was space based and was russian. Used an EMP to knock a targted area containing any sort of microchip except for nuclear blast shielded hardware.

Has life imitated art?

top topics

join