It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mount Sinai Found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This is a video series from YouTube on the discovery of the real Mount Sinai in Saudi Arabia. Ron Wyatt was the first one to discover this and the crossing point also where they found chariot wheels and other items that survived. I will include Ron Wyatt's videos of the Red Sea crossing find too...

Hope you enjoy them!

Red Sea Crossing

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Looks interesting. Not much for videos.

Do you have any sites where I can read up on it instead?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Mount Sinai Info Page HERE

Red Sea Crossing Info Page HERE

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Immediate questions. Was it lost?

Wouldn't you expect somethingcalled Mount Sinai to be found in the Sinai Peninsula?

MF

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
could someone please post the exact location in degrees of said mountain?

thnx

-

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
OP, I have not watched the videos, because I don't have the time just now.

But does it have anything to do with this interesting article that I found a while ago, supposedly showing the site of the Red Sea crossing, and showing pictures of sunken chariot wheels?

bibleprobe.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

I first saw these videos about 15 years ago. They sure caused a stir when they first came out!

Mount Sinai is traditionally regarded as a mountain in a completely different location. Just going off the top of my head I seem to remember (the late) Ron Wyatt said it was identified/chosen by the wife of one of the Roman emperors in antiquity.

Here's the wiki entry for the traditional site:

en.wikipedia.org...

It is best known for the very ancient Monastery at the foot of the mountain, notable as the source of Codex Sinaiticus, not to mention the subject of a wonderfully evocative old painting (which I can't find on Google images for some reason).

St. Catherine's Monastery

The case for the discovery of the real Sinai appears to have some real merits. His other claims are arguably even less convincing.

Note that there are big questions asked about Ron Wyatt's integrity as an archeologist.

'Nice' conspiracy angle here, befitting of ATS. Just google 'Ron Wyatt fraud' and you've got your reading material for the next few months sorted. Here's a short example:

Wyatt Archeological Research Fraud Documentation

The broad consensus throughout the Christian community has long been that Wyatt's research does not stand up to scrutiny, sadly.

Sorry if this disillusions a number of people who've only seen the videos themselves and were not aware of the controversy surrounding them. I too felt duped when it all came out.

I may spend some time googling recent rebuttals / additional information, just to get the most up-to-date picture, but over the years I've read enough reliable, authoritative sources saying the claims don't hold water to feel the case is basically closed.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't care personally what the BROAD CONSENSUS of CHRISTIANS is, I know what I have seen and the other information and archeologists finds and claims as well as the Biblical story that Sinai was in ARABIA, which he Sinai peninsula is not in and never was. I also don't give a rats patootie for Catholic renditions of Holy Sites, Constantin's mommy went around pointing and they built churches on those spots. Most were former Pagan temple sites to begin with for the Roman Catholic Church.

As for the majority or broad consensus would anyone that regulars this Forum make a claim that the Majority or a broad consensus of Americans knows what is up and are informed? The Majority is usually WRONG and in my opinion Ron Wyatt's finds are all proven except the Ark of the Covenant claims he has made, although I personally believe him on that one too. He has no photos, evidence, or anything but that blood sample that he can not prove was Jesus' to scientific standards of proof and therefore I won't push that one on anyone.

Thanks for your comments though and your links, everyone should see all the information and make up their own mind and not parrot someone else's words so THANK YOU for that!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Hi there.

Believe me I want all this to be true as much as the next man. But after hearing waves of rebuttals from serious Bible-believers on a national and international scale I felt deflated, and a need to reconsider both the evidence itself and whether I'd let my desire for the claims to be true numb my critical faculties.

I accept your rebuke. 'Broad consensus of Christian opinion' may have been assuming too much. The reason I used that phrase is that in all the Christian media since those days I've consistently heard Ron Wyatt had made many claims on video that he could not substantiate when challenged - and not just relating to the ark of the covenant.

Indeed I wrote to the distributors of the videos themselves asking for comments in the light of criticisms in the Christian press, but never received any reply.

As I stated, I'm perfectly happy to weigh any new evidence/arguments in favour of these claims. I haven't closed my mind, although I do believe a strong note of caution was in order.

I'll tell you what. I'll do some reading on both sides & post anything significant, and perhaps you and anyone else who's interested might care to do the same.

It could be a very interesting and productive debate.

[edit on 10/12/08 by pause4thought]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
could someone please post the exact location in degrees of said mountain?

thnx

-

hey OP can you help me out here?

-

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
wow this is amazing

what happened in the end

i dont get why no1 has touched this thread in months

its really important

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I don't think Wyatt was correct on the Noah's ark issue but i could be wrong. The Mt. Sinai info. is solid. I can't see how the videos can be denied. All the things said in the Bible are there. Now, should I dismiss what I've seen with my own eyes because the "broad consensus" doesn't like him cause he doesn't have the right credentials. I think I'll trust my eyes thank you. I've watched most of the videos. I suggest anyone with doubts, watch all of them. The Ark of the Covenant and crucifixion site haven't been proved yet. So I won't make an issue of those.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Isn't the description of "Mt Sinai" that of a volcano?

That Pillar of Cloud by day, and Pillar of Fire by night was the same Volcano.

There are no volcanos in Sinai or in Arabia.

Sunken chariot wheels proves nothing except that there are sunken chariot wheels. Actually this is likley a HOAX. After 3000 years any wheel thusly deposited would have disintigrated. Use a little logic.
They were made of wood!

"The chariot was built of pieces of wood which had been bent into the required shape possibly by immersing them in boiling hot water for several hours, bending them and then letting them dry. Various kinds of wood were used: elm, ash for the axles and sycamore for the foot board."
Chariot

Did you forget that God destroyed all of Egypt's horses?
Therefore they could not have followed Moses and his gang in horse drawn chariots.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
28°35'4.06"N Lat

35°22'43.62"E Long

I hope this helps.

Google Earth Jebel El Lawz, Saudi Arabia

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Just an FYI - Neither to confirm nor deny a hoax but wood can easily last that long.

www.livescience.com...

The 4,000-year-old timbers were found alongside equally ancient cargo boxes, anchors, coils of rope and other naval materials just as old, at what archaeologists are calling a kind of ancient military administration site.

"Older water crafts, like dug-out canoes, have been found throughout the world, but these are the oldest sea-going ships. More significantly, the next oldest [ships ever discovered] in Egypt are 700 years younger," Ward told LiveScience in a telephone interview.

Specifically, hieroglyphs inscribed on some of the cargo boxes indicate that many came from a single origin: the almost mythical city of Punt, whose exact location is still unknown but is thought to lie nearly 1,000 miles away in the southern reaches of the Red Sea.

So, 4,000 year old cargo boxes with inscriptions still intact leads me to believe that chariot wheels can survive that long as well.

Hmmm.. now I am intrigued about the city of Punt, I had never heard of it before.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by infolurker]

new topics

top topics

join