It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North American Union / NAFTA Superhighway on C-Span

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

When is it coming? When it does not happen in 2009 will you be saying they pushed it back again? It has been being pushed back for over a decade from where I sit. Amazing how all this stuff is coming and almost an entire generation of people will have come and gone and still nothing.

I can understand your overall skepticism when it comes to ATS. Granted, there are tons of BS Topics in here. People claiming all kinds of things.

But, when this stuff is coming from C-Span, Department of Homeland Security, and other official organizations... I think it has at least a shred of merit as to it's plausability.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
And...........? Apparently you cannot read, again. I said all I see are rag blogs and Texas. You showed me NASCO talking about Texas. The last time I checked, Texas did not extend to the Canadian border.

Nice play on words. No one said anything about Texas extending to Canada. We are talking about highway corridors and trade it could bring.

You can't read.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

Nice play on words. No one said anything about Texas extending to Canada. We are talking about highway corridors and trade it could bring.

You can't read.

Can you pleas read the title of this thread out loud to yourself?

NORTH AMERICAN UNION/NAFTA SUPERHIGHWAY

I am sorry, where in there does it specifically say this is just about Texas? In fact, it is made quite clear several times that the accusation is that this is to span the country. Did you really miss all that? Please people, stop tossing literacy insults around when so far, no one seems to be able to read here.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
I am sorry, where in there does it specifically say this is just about Texas?

Here is it again. Please read in bold:

The NASCO Corridor represents the existing trade and transportation infrastructure roughly shadowing U.S. Interstate Highways 35, 29 and 94, and the connecting transportation infrastructure in Canada and Mexico critical to national and international trade. This includes major intermodal "inland ports" along the corridor and under development.

More info:

What is NASCO?

NASCO is a tri-national, non-profit, trade and transportation coalition working to make international and domestic trade more efficient and secure along the existing network of transportation systems (including highways, rail, inland ports and deep-water ports) running north-south through the central U.S., Canada and Mexico.

Legitimate Homepage

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Is it just me then? Where in your post does it state that they are building a superhighway to do this with? All your post covers is the exsisting routes.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

You're right about there being no official plans to build a physical Superhighway. I guess it depends on whether you see it as literal or metaphorical.

According to the Security and Prosperity Partnership site:

The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) will continue to cooperate with the State transportation departments as they build and upgrade highways to meet the needs of the 21st century.

Like everything else, whether a new highway is built or not is open to interpretation. Personally, I wouldn't think that it is very improbable for the government to build an 8-10 lane dedicated commercial route. Actually it makes a lot of sense to do so - less traffic for us, less chance of trucking accident on 'civilian' highways, etc.

I think the biggest problem is what it represents. Completely open borders for trade and employment. We already have a weak enough economy, and the Big Three have had problems ever since the first NAFTA with regards to employing americans. This type of activity may be profitable for the corporations, but will be devastating to blue collar workers in the U.S., regardless of industry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join