It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youths Clash With Police In Fierce Riots After 15-Year-Old Was Shot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Youths Clash With Police In Fierce Riots After 15-Year-Old Was Shot

www.allheadlinenews.com

Athens, Greece (AHN) - Fierce riots between hundreds of youths and police officers sparked on several streets of Greek cities on early Sunday after police shot dead a teenage boy in Athens.

Protesters shouted slogans, attacking police cars with rocks and fuel-filled bombs, which burned businesses as they clashed with police. The security officers used tear gas to disperse the crowd.

"We've never seen anything like this," a senior police official who requested anonymity because of his involvement in the investigation told The New York Times on Sunday. "The tension is so thick you can almost cut it with a knife."

The local reports said that violence was sparked soon after a member of an elite police corps fatally shot at a 15-year-old boy.

Police officials said that the teen was shot as he threw a firebomb at the officers. However circumstances surrounding the shooting are still unclear. The teenager was shot in the chest and died while he was being taken to a hospital.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This is very disturbing and sad news. However the youth did supposedly throw a firebomb at the officer. If this is true the officer was protecting his life and others' lives.

Still, I wonder if fatally wounding a young teen was the officer's best option. Then again if I was in that situation I’d probably go into survival mode and kill the kid without thinking.

www.allheadlinenews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-12-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Police officials said that the teen was shot as he threw a firebomb at the officers.

Can someone please explain to me exactly what 'firebomb' is? Sounds marginally dangerous to me!! Either way, why was this kid throwing said firebomb in the first place? Maybe he got exactly what he deserved...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This topic has already been posted:

Greek police shooting sparks riot.

Please continue discussion in the above-linked thread, and please read the section about repeat topics in this link.
Closed.

new topics

top topics

join