It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida vs Oklahoma BCS title game

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere condolences to the Florida fans.

Your team did it's best.

Roper

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
My team the Hawkeyes coming down to Kinnick Stadium South in Tampa for the Outback bowl....YAYYYY. Also grats to FL and OK. OK should steamroll Florida. We need to go to a playoff system however. There were a few teams that could be playing for a championship.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
OU and Florida will be a great title game. Probably the two best teams playing for the title, as it should be.

I was a bit disappointed in some of the other BCS matchups. Would have been much better to see Texas and Bama go at it instead of Utah oe Ohio State.

Overall not bad games to look forward to. I predict a PSU upset in the Rose Bowl....wishful thinking but would love to see it.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think it will be a good game. I'll be honest though, I hope that Oklahoma loses on a bad call. Nobody puts on a better pity party than Sooner nation. And remember, you can't spell pOUt without OU.

There are a lot of good match ups in the bowl games this year. It always sucks to see the season come to an end, but at least we get some good games to end it on.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Sorry to break this to you guys, but Florida will win easily.

I repeat…easily.

Both of these teams can score points, in bunches. OU gives up almost 2 more touchdowns a game though on average for this season. I don't think they can handle Tebow on the inside, and the UF defense is going to be too much for them.

I say Florida by 10...at least.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Odds makers are saying Florida by 3. I think it will be an exciting game. Anything can happen though. Just ask both of these what they thought their chances were against Boise State......

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
True.

Just saying though, teams don't have a very good record of beating SEC teams in the big game. In fact, they don't have a record at all.

The SEC is 4-0 in BCS National Championship games, Florida will make it 5-0.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The sad thing is I think Alabama should go not Florida. Florida got beat by an unranked Ol Miss. There's other teams that got beat by unranked teams but Alabama went undefeated in the regular season and got beat by a #4 ranked team. It's not fair to punish them in the end like that. So to me Alabama still has the best record. But all in all the National Championship game will be a good one.

If you're wondering I'm a Tennessee Vol fan so it doesn't matter who goes. I'm glad it is an SEC team but I feel Alabama got robbed and I hate Alabama football.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
You may have a right to feel like they got robbed for their season accomplishments, but I don't.

I don't think you can argue that a team that can't win it's Conference title should get a chance at a National title.

They had their chance and blew it.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

That's your opinion and I've got mine. Florida & Oklahoma will be a great game to watch.

P.S. I think Teebow deserves the Heisman Trophy as well.

[edit on 12/8/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Agreed.

The man can't be stopped.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'll be pretty surprised if they give the Heisman to Tebow again. Regardless of stats, the voters will be very resistant to giving him 2 in a row. I think Bradford gets it this year.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I tend to agree with you, but that doesn't mean they are making the right choice.

There is no question in my mind that Tebow is the best player in college football.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Is Florida your team? You come across as a bit of a Florida homer.

I think Tebow is certainly good. His numbers don't lie. I don't think it will be a terrible choice if they give it to Bradford though.... and I can't stand Oklahoma.

Honestly, I wish there was a 3rd choice that could get it.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Hardly. I'm a UK fan, through and through.

I do tend to take up for my SEC brethren, but I really do think Tebow is the best player in college football. The award is usually given to whomever puts up the biggest numbers though, and those players aren't always the best players, which is who the award should go to.

Looking at just stats, I'd say that Bradford would get it over Tebow. Looking at athleticism, leadership, value to their team, and flat out skill, I think Tebow wins.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Stoops seems to be hell bent on running up the scores to get his team accolades this season. It looks like it worked too. If he didn't run it up, I think that Texas would be in the NC and McCoy would be the leader for the Heisman.

UK fan eh? Go Rich Brooks! lol, Duck fan here.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well, you can't deny the offense Oklahoma has produced this year. This is the highest scoring offense in the history of college football for crying out loud!

And yes, go Rich Brooks!

I'm ready for the Joker Phillips era to begin!

six

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Ahhh you have not been exposed to the Georgia experience then.....Wanna talk about a BUNCH of whinners....lol

six

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

So you have hopped on the T. Tebow train too? It was so nauseating listening to the annoucers of the Alabama / Florida game. Could they have been more biased?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I don't know that there was any bias, they just like to see good football and good football players succeed. They like to root for the underdog, or the perceived underdog in this case.

The only REAL cases of bias in sports are NBC and Notre Dame, John Madden and Bret Favre, and Dick Vitale and North Carolina (sometimes Duke)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join