It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Magic of Numerology

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Seriously. I can develop a web app to do exactly what this heap of rubbish is doing. If you believers bothered to be skeptical first, you'd see you can create a library of these sentences and they'd repeat.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trojan_libido
Seriously. I can develop a web app to do exactly what this heap of rubbish is doing. If you believers bothered to be skeptical first, you'd see you can create a library of these sentences and they'd repeat.

although that is true in this library of sentences only certain sentences are sent to each person because they pertain to that persons numerological file. Sure this is a bit of a dumbed down and unfascinating way to give someone a numerology reading it is still effective.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
ok then - taking that some numbers are emotional and some are mental and some are physical and some are intuitive

take someone like ted bundy the serial killer and I have also worked out numerous other serious criminals names

they have a lot of physical and emotional letters and very few mental and intuitive letters

one could say they act physically on emotions [which can be delusuins] and have neither the brains nor the intuition to know when they should stop

[there are the cold calculating criminals too and they have an overabundance of mental letters and lack emotional letters that would make them feel empathy with the person they are hurting]

I know when I changed my name the first time I did it before I ever knew anything about numerology and inadvertently added a lot of emotional letters and I spent 2 years wallowing in tears - for no real reason - everything made me cry [noithing serious happened to require me to cry during that time but i was crying for any tiniest provocation]

then i read about numerology and I added lots of physical letters and suddenly i had energy to burn and I stopped crying.

it was an interesting experiment

as I said - I changed my name a few times and each time - as I stand back after a year or so I can see what the differences are before I changed my name and after I changed my name.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
So what if you were born with a name that doesn't use the alphabet, say a chinese name?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
So what if you were born with a name that doesn't use the alphabet, say a chinese name?

simple - you would use the chinese alphabet

if you used an alphabet other than the one that is used in the country of origin you would not get a true reading

in fact the same is true for European languages - i have to make adjustments to the alphabet every time

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

haha that made me laugh hard!!!

Executive Director !!!! LOL

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
in the english language [this is copyright to me]

Mental letters are A, H, J, Q, S and Z

A person with more mental letters than any others may be very interested in mental pursuits and possibly excel in academic pursuits. They may like crosswords and other puzzles.

On the negative side is the very clever person who is devoid of feelings for others. May have trouble forming friendships and maintaining relationships.

No mental letters in a name could mean this person will have problems keeping up with school and may have difficulties passing exams.

Example of a name which is predominantly mental is Carl Sagan [scientist and author]

4 mental letters
2 emotional letters
1 physical letter
2 intuitive letters

Emotional letters are B, C, F, K, L, O, T, U and X

Too many emotional letters when compared to the number of other letters can mean that this person will be very sensitive and also artistic. May fall in and out of love many times.

On the negative side this person can be very prone to wallowing in self pity and being a cry baby even as an adult. This could lead to depression and suicidal feelings. Girls names tend to have more emotional letters than any other.

No emotional letters in a name may mean a person who is unable to give or receive love.

Example of a name which is predominantly emotional is Joan Collins [actor]

2 mental letters
6 emotional letters
2 physical letters
1 intuitive letter

Physical letters are D, E, M, N, V and W

This person likes physical gratification – perhaps in love of sport, either as a spectator or as a participant. They may also express the influence of such a letter imbalance by seeking other physical gratification methods such as excessive sexual activity, excessive love of food, or even a penchant for getting into physical fights and pub brawls. Most boys names have more physical letters than any other.

Lack of physical letters may mean an individual with low endurance for physical activit,y easy to tire and also low resistance to illnesses and infections.

Example of a name which is predominantly physical is Sean Penn [actor]

2 mental letters
0 emotional letters
5 physical letters
1 intuitive letter

Intuitive letters are G, I, P, R and Y

This person could be very psychic and see ghosts. They have a knack for intuitively knowing what others are thinking, such as tuning in to the feelings of an audience when on stage.

On the negative side they may pursue occult studies including dabbling in dark psychic techniques perhaps even black magic.

Lack of intuitive letters could put this person at a disadvantage in relationships with others where a lot of communication takes place on the non-verbal level. People lacking intuitive letters may miss this communication, the look, or grimace that could tell them more accurately what the other person is saying than all the words in the world.

Example of a name which is predominantly Intuitive is Oprah Winfrey [talk show host]

2 mental letters
2 emotional letters
3 physical letters
5 intuitive letters

Of course most names will be more balanced but consider the name Ted Bundy the US serial killer.

0 mental letters
3 emotional letters
3 physical letters
1 intuitive letter

One could interpret that to mean he acted physically on emotions but did not have the brains nor the intuition to help him interpret emotions better and use his physical abilities for his best good.

Another interesting example is Ian Brady and Myra Hindley the infamous Moors murderers from Manchester in the 1960’s. Both are short of emotional letters.

Ian Brady
2 mental letters
1 emotional letter
2 physical letters
3 intuitive letters

Myra Hindley
2 mental letters
1 emotional letter
4 physical leters
4 intuitive letters

Another interesting example is Elizabeth Taylor

4 mental letters
6 emotional letters
2 physical letters
3 intuitive letters

and of course the instances of Elizabeth Taylor falling in and out of love many times are history as is her low resistance to health problems. Both these are indicated by having too many emotional letters in the first place and too few physical letters in the second place.

Two examples of balanced names are Angela Lansbury [actor]

4 mental letters
4 emotional letters
3 physical letters
3 intuitive letters

And Anthony Hopkins [actor]

4 mental letters
4 emotional letters
3 physical letters
3 intuitive letters

so go on - see if you can find names of famous people and how they stack up with this side to numerology

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

THANK YOU! exactly what i've been looking for. Now, all that i have to ask now is why these letters connect to these elements in a person?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I'd like to see the source document rather than hearsay.

For instance:

Monday's child is fair of face.
Tuesday's child is full of grace.
Wednesday's child is full of woe.
Thursday's child has far to go.
Friday's child is loving and giving.
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

I'm asking why is it so? Please give your source and make it a good one, otherwise its just made up.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
who are you asking?

if its the OP (me) then thats what im asking. lol

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Straight on for me - straight on.
And I don't get it either.
It’s not just me *wanting* to see myself in the explanations either - I’d more likely want to hide from them.
No, I don’t get it one bit.
But, it isn’t something I’m going to even try to understand.
Too many things already I just *don’t get* to add one more thing to it!

Great Post!

*P*E*A*C*E*

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have been doing research on this question and the origins of numerology are lost in time - no doubt at some time ancient documents will be found and translated and we will know more

the system I use is supposedly invented by Pythagoras who is also the father of mathematics

but Pythagoras studied widely of many systems of numerology - including kabala and an Indian one and also Chaldean and Egyptian

iNumerology is supposedly based on the vibration that is made by the sound of a name when uttered aloud

we do know that at the quantum physics level all sub atomic particles are vibrating all the time and I believe the first sentence of the bible is that in the beginning was the word - word being a sound

and dont forget that Jushua brought down the walls of Jericho with trumpets and that is also a sound vibration

a word is also significant in maditation and the om sound is the meditation mantra [and was THAT the word that existed before the universe was created?]

and if you want to go to singing - there are some notes that shatter glass

so sound vibrations are in everything and we are made of vibrating subatomic particles and the names we use all create a vibration - perhaps the unified theory of quantum physics is not matter or energy but a vibration of sound? so full circle to the idea that before the universe was created there existed a word - or a vibrating sound [and just because the bible says so, does not make it a religious concept - it may be scientifically valid - it may be that the creator is a vibrating sound and not a conscious old man and because we are made of vibrating sub atomic particles, then we are in fact created in thisegods image because the god was alwo a vibrating sub atomic particle - namely a word]

I cannot answer your question how numerology originated - all I can say - it bears more research into how sound vibrations may influence the world we live in

I hope ancient information becomes available in our lifetime that will answer this question much better

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
was that profound or wot?

lol

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Crikey that's a lot of guesswork in that thread!

I hope science sticks to the scientific method and not Pythagorean sound nonsense.

Also there's no evidence of pretty much anything in the Bible happening, so using it as a reference is not going to work in your favour.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
lool the hitler interpretation funny stuff

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

Crikey that's a lot of guesswork in that thread!

I hope science sticks to the scientific method and not Pythagorean sound nonsense.

Also there's no evidence of pretty much anything in the Bible happening, so using it as a reference is not going to work in your favour.

i did not claim anything in the bible as proof of anything

i said that the first words of the bible make an obscure reference to what may be a universal truth regarding the fact that everything is made up of vibrating particles or waves

in no way that is taking ANYTHING that is described in subsequent pages of the bible as anything relevant

just because the rest of the bible reads like mythology does not mean that the first sentence cannot possibly refer to soemthing other than mythology

the vibration theory about numerology is discussed ina book called numbers for lovers by arlene A fitzgerald

and also here

www.starlightnumerology.com...

to quote

Numerology is spoken of in the bible and an ancient sage, Phythagoras, founded a school devoted to studying this arcane science and the effects on the human body: physically, mentally and emotionally.

Thus this science grew and flourished and it became widely practiced as people began to accept and recognize the great impact Numerology vibrations have in our lives.

end of quote

and at the end of that post i do say that the post in no way answers the question - just begs more research and information

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Yes, I thought it was profound. People are acting like this is all nonsense and you are crazy, but what is wrong with trying to imagine why we are all here? Is that so bad? I do that constantly. I like your interpretation of the word and the bible and god being a word. That is cool.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

Yes, I thought it was profound. People are acting like this is all nonsense and you are crazy, but what is wrong with trying to imagine why we are all here? Is that so bad? I do that constantly. I like your interpretation of the word and the bible and god being a word. That is cool.

thanks

we dont know how everything inter-connects as yet but one day we will find out

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
thanks for the information! it makes more sense in its own way, lol. damn! i want to know how it works!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

i said that the first words of the bible make an obscure reference to what may be a universal truth regarding the fact that everything is made up of vibrating particles or waves
This is a truth I subscribe to. Its why meditation along with chanting 'Aum' works, by altering the consciousness by the resonance of the chant within the mind.

But...I don't see at all why Numerology comes into this. The numerology part obviously came from an idea around sound creating vibrations, and those vibrations creating form (cymatics, string theory, resonance). But the numerology part probably diverged from the main understanding by misinterpretation.

Saying numerology came from Pythagoras is how an incredibly new-age idea gives itself an official stamp. Yes its not really known as new-age, it began really with Judaism and Kabala. But this doesn't make numerology correct. If you believe it does, then go look at sites about the Bible Code. Its equally crazy, but you'll probably enjoy it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join