It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

I go retroactive for days up to the 15th.
And that is generous.

Bank or Bust for earthquake prediction.

The question would become...Why are the animals REALLY acting the way that they are.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by buttafuqua
I've been passively following your posts, and I'm sorry I just don't buy it. Like you said though, if in your heart of hearts you think where there is smoke there is fire, and your only attempting to get the word out, then kudos.

However, I just think your looking too hard. You can examine practically anything long enough, and find whatever "evidence" you need to prove a certain hypothesis.

Perhaps you should walk away from all your research. I hate to say that to someone who feels so passionately about their theory. However, sometimes it is also cathartic to come full circle with things. Otherwise you run this risk of turning into a doomsayer kook socially, and your friends and family will grow tired of hearing from you about how the sky is falling, well in your case, the ground is crumbling.

How is it I am looking too hard at something and finding evidence only to prove what I think?

If you read the post - I am NOT the person who was looking at animals and posting what was going on - the ATS community was.

Then I compiled them, as they were written (except shortening them) - I did NOT change one word - I even left the mispellings in them (except for one word) - so I then presented it here, compiled into a shorter form than the 22 pages of the other thread. I haven't twisted it in anyway - it is as posted, and in fact there were many many many more postings that are not included in this thread. Due to those postings being the same type of events as others.

Now - the fact of walking away from it - yes - but not yet.

I now plan on checking out the water sulfuric story in Indiana, I will call the water company there, and find out how long that has been going on and if there are problems like that in other places around there.

Why? it is part of this research I will not give up on.

So please do not say I twisted nor changed anything posted - nor looked too hard. I asked for odd animal behavior and it was given, I now have given it in a thread form. You can verify that also - please go through the other thread - compare that to what I put in this one....I welcome that. - see if ANYTHING was written differently (except as I said - I shortened them - and gave the bare facts) - you will find them exact!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rollinster

animals always act funny you dont notice until you are told that the acting funny is because of upcoming earthquakes

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Not wanting to beat the Web Bot or yourself down but indonesia must have dozens of earthquakes each year including a 6.2 magnitude one only Saturday morning dec 6th 2008 see weblink for proof - neic.usgs.gov... so web bot predictions of the big one in indonesia being 6 months out is hardly accurate when so many occur its just luck of placement as to whether casualties are suffered of a magnitude that makes GLOBAL news as i am guessing nobody knew about the 6.2 on saturday which if a 6.2 happened in manchester uk i am certain the whole world would know as it would be so rare an event in my city???? anybody confirm it made their local/national news??? i live in manchester uk, and worked in bali/jakarta through 2006 so know how many earthquakes/volcano eruptions etc etc they get and web bot could say it will happen again next year in fact i will say it will happen again next year it is that much of a certainty but back to point as i am a believer of 2012 amongst other things! my point being i value your opinion and goal so therefore wish to remind EVERYBODY in your potential EQ zones of the triangle of life earthquake survivor guide you tube clip which is short but worth watching as i for one would be ducking for cover when in fact that is the last thing you should do in the event of an EQ so please please please watch this clip if you have not seen it already!! www.youtube.com... or if that link does not work search "triangle of life"

Good Luck, hope it does not happen!!

[edit on 7/12/08 by Andy Ashe 30UK]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I don't understand all of the vitriol directed at the OP. Does the OP appear to lean more toward the hypothesis that something is amiss than not? Sure, but those attacking her/him are in my opinion being just as biased in the opposite direction. It is true that there is no proof that anything will happen, or that the inferences drawn from the animal behavior and other observations are accurate, but just because they choose not to dismiss their hypothesis on the basis of that does not make them a "liar." It, at most, makes them an adherent of a potentially flawed hypothesis, in my view.

With that said, I will say that I do feel that the small number of posters reporting strange observations does not correlate to a majority of pet owners or regional residents, and so does not necessarily indicate anything at all whatsoever. It's entirely possible (probable, some would argue, but I can't argue that because I don't know) that those reporting abnormalities are but a small minority in contrast to all of the other pet owners and regional residents. Thus, we cannot infer anything from these observations, unfortunately, other than that those individuals are observing something which, for them, and for whatever reason (be it objective or subjective) is out of the ordinary.

The bottom line is that no one knows. No one should be making assertions or drawing conclusions in my opinion. It doesn't seem as though the OP has done that, but others seem to have already concluded definitively that nothing has happened, and have gone so far as to call the OP a liar. I respect those individuals' opinions, but ask that they recognize that they are just that; opinions. We can prove neither that nothing will happen, nor that the OP has been intentionally dishonest or misleading.

Thus I shall remain open minded. I may be a skeptic, but that doesn't mean I can assert that the OP is wrong because, as a skeptic, I have to maintain neutrality of conclusion until there is proof one way or another.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andy Ashe 30UK

Not wanting to beat the Web Bot or yourself down but indonesia must have dozens of earthquakes each year including a 6.2 magnitude one only Saturday morning dec 6th 2008 see weblink for proof - neic.usgs.gov... so web bot predictions of the big one in indonesia being 6 months out is hardly accurate when so many occur its just luck of placement as to whether casualties are suffered of a magnitude that makes GLOBAL news

Ok, not wanting to beat this thing to death either - wow - lets see - Webbot saying 6 months out, there was going to be a huge earthquake - with a wave and 300k were going to die or go missing! And they didn't get it right?

You are misunderstanding the webbot - it is not a computer that just goes around predicting things or every earthquake!

It predicts what we write about emotionally on the internet. No we are not emotional about every 6.2 earthquake in Indonesia. So does it get every single earthquake? NO. It gets what WE are emotional about in the future!
It gets our predictive language and how WE feel about something!

The bigger the event the farther out it gets it!

Now, lets forget about webbot now - due to this thread is a compiling of odd animal behaviors that other countries and actually native people in some countries depend on for warnings of coming disasters.
People will follow their animals - because the animals are much more sensitive than we are to vibrations and magnetic fields.
Many lives were saved, from people following their animals before the tsunami hit Thailand and other places. There are quite a few stories out about that.

Take the animal behavior as you want - or don't believe one single person who posted about what they are experiencing regarding animals right now.
That is your decision.

You might want to read an earlier post, it was spelled out on how the webbot works. Anyway - we all have our belief systems - mine is not the only way and no one elses is the only and right way - that is what makes the world interesting - we all believe in different things.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Right or wrong, your efforts for gathering all this info are admired!
I dont understand why people are bashing you, really. I mean, youre not predicting anything. We all know of the web bot predictions, thats no secret. As you have once said, its the ATS community that has compiled wierd animal behaviour and YOU have done a perfect job of putting it all together! Props on that map too!! forgot who did it but its an awsome piece of work!
when the time comes 10th-12th, we will see what happens. if it dont, then it doesnt mean YOURE wrong, it means the web bot is. Joe Bobs cat in MD is still acting wierd...so what, hes not wrong for posting his cat is acting wierd, lol. youre not wrong for compiling the info..

I will admit that i do believe it and im waiting to see if it comes to pass. if it dont, we can all add the web bot to the federation of light BS, lol

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hiya,
I never post...just watch.
I live close to Atlanta.
My dogs are going wild. They will not let me get out of their sight and they go nuts...(almost fighting each other ) over their daily feedings.
We used to have to beg them to eat and now they won't stop.
Friend told me his mothers cat that wouldn't come near ANYONE is jumping up in his lap and purgrowling.
We went to a xmas party last night and the host told us to be wary of the cat. It proceeded to jump up on the counter, to their suprise, and came up to me..of all people..and was almost 'talking'. They said that it was a wild cat and everyone should disregard it.
Very strange feeling personally and some really strange dreams.
Have noticed that magnets don't work as well right now and it was hard as hell to get a fire going in the fire pit the other night. (I burn a truckload at a time and know how to have a fire)
Other than that, I would say that the ominous clouds over Mt. Ranier would make me move away from the area tonight!!!
We actually had a small tremor near here a while back. It shook the stuff on the mantle and made my hair stand on end.
Great thread and study.
Maybe a MASSIVE earthquake could help us all have peace on earth before christmas....who knows?
What a great time to be alive!!!!!!!!!!!!

seeya

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Granted i am new to the whole web bot and only heard of it a month ago and yes i stand corrected if what you say is correct but i actually struggle to find exactly which site can give me ALL the web bot predictions as i only seem to be able to navigate to posts of matches for events that have already happened so i will research some more. But u ignore the fact that i also attempted to contribute to your cause and chose not to reaffirm my additional advice about EQ survival which is much more important that correcting my lack of web bot knowledge. Like i said, i am with ya for what you have compiled and admire your determination and will but may i suggest also giving people info on characteristics of EQ's as some folks may have nver experienced one before such as durations, after shocks etc etc where should people immediately run to or look for in the following seconds of sensing such an event about to start, that seems equally as important as looking for animal patterns to confirm Yep were gonna have one soon when the peeps over there also need help in knowing what is the best response to to take upon immediately sensing one when it comes eg, if on an underpass get out of your car and lie beside it instead of sitting in it etc. i mean no offence by the way just trying to assist and gain a little knowledge myself.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Here's another thing.
Be a scientist for a moment.
WE know there are eathquakes.
We know there are tsunamis.
We know there are tornados.
We know there are asteroids/meterites/etc. that hit.
We KNOW in our lifetime, there are actually volcanos that explode.
We know there are hurricanes.

We do we act so astonished when they hit?
Especially if we are personally effected by them?

Did anyone here personally experience Mt. ST. Helens?

just my stupid humble opinion.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Questionall-

I think this is a wonderful post. Don't worry about the skeptics, you've done a great job of gathering information.

What I think you or someone else should do is take a map of the united states, and put thumbtacks in all the cities that are reporting odd behavior/odd lights in the sky, etc... You could use one color thumbtack for odd animal behavior, another color of thumbtack for strange lights in teh sky or strange cloud colors and formations, etc...

Once the thumbtacks (ok, so I was raised pre-computer era, I suppose you could also do this with a computer) are completed, we could see if these areas are along the New Madrid fault line.

I used to live in the midwest, so I know where part of it runs, but I don't know where the entire fault line runs. I'm wondering if it's possible if it runs a lot farther than we realize it does.

Anyway, it would be a good science project. I might just do it myself, if nobody else is interested in graphing the points on a computer.

Would it be possible to ask those who submitted their information to give us the names of their towns? I know a lot of poeple like anonymity, but it would be helpful.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

this is the first of three threads on this prediction will you be willing to apologize to all the people that you lied to and scared after nothing happens?

Geezus Tesla, how many times have I seen you come on these threads to announce to everybody that you stand on the rational and moral high ground? It's almost as if you have made a career of it. When it's that chronic, it's called flaming.

How about this food for thought: The web bot project to some of us (me included) is an interesting project that appears to gives us a peek into a potentially revolutionary way of looking at the state of science and our place in the universe. I'm a subscriber to the detailed reports myself, and I can tell you this much-- they're not 100% correct, but there a helluva lot more correct than just chance. It's not perfect, and that's by the nature of the project-- it collects puzzle pieces rather than complete pictures.

As far as the reports of animals acting strangely and other "weird" phenomena being collected on this forum centered around pinpointing a possible earthquake-- what's wrong with speculation over something that has NOT been proved nor disproved? There are certainly interesting anecdotes. And quite frankly, I think the OP is on to something here. It's not scientific, and there's probably a lot of people finding Mother Theresa in a sticky bun (so to speak), but the anecdotes are very interesting when you look at what's actually being reported.

I think the biggest disservice we do to ourselves as humans is to dismiss the reports of "black swans" as the reports of crazies. The problem is that we start calling a lot of people crazy who simply aren't- look at the UFO phenomena for example. The ironic thing is that in the process of doing this, people like YOU, Tesla, run the very real risk of falsely confirming your own beliefs (by throwing out the evidence that YOU don't see fit).

Bottom line- it's one thing to fight for the truth (which I'm all for), but it's another thing to cling on to beliefs stubbornly (i.e. that we can't see the future, as you seem to contend). Questioningal is NOT LYING, nor is she "fear mongering" (though she might be erroneous in looking at unusual clouds over Mt. Ranier as omens-- I'm a former weather forecaster and can say that these really aren't THAT unusual and anything to be freaked out about). She obviously pursuing this because she really think this has some merit. And so do I, quite frankly. If anything else, it's an interesting exercise in exploring the bounds of the truth, and you can choose to participate or go somewhere else. Isn't that what this forum is for, after all?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well I can't wait for these Earthquakes NOT to happen. Honestly how much more true can the "dustbin of history get?" If you don't remember it it's bound to repeat itself. Webots...really? I remember back in October webots were predicting something along the lines of a complete stock market crash. And while the stock market was down the webot was peaking on a certain day and predicting something really bad. Some of you read it so many different ways.
Eventually that day came and nothing happened I even think that the stock markets made slight gains on the day predicted...Many of you were so quick to forget that yet now you believe in this. It truly proves that humans nothing more want to see the destruction of themselves. You guys need to get a life.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Questionall-

This is a wonderful piece of research. Please ignore the skeptics who say this is nonsense, because they have no idea what they are talking about. I have a doctor level science degree and I can tell you that this is a wonderful beginning to a great research project.

The best and most imaginative scientists always incorporate knowledge from more than one field of science when coming up with theories. You have done the same; you've basically incorporated general knowledge from two fields of science, seismology and animal behavior, to come up with a theory. This makes you a smart scientist and a visionary...not a flake, as some people on this site would call you.

Visionaries and scientific geniuses are often ridiculed when they bring forth their best ideas. Remember this quote from Mohandas Ghandi: "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. "

Seriously, though...great job. Regardless of whether or not the Web Bot earthquake predictions turn out to be correct, you should continue this research. Ever think about going into seismology?

I've been following the web bot predictions myself, and I am VERY interested to see what happens. The high accuracy rate I've seen so far from this program has been impressive. I hate to see what will happen if the earthquakes do occur, and if they are as devastating as the other events the program has has predicted in the past.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by nikiano]

An afterthought: In fact, if you wanted, you could even create your own website based on this idea. This could be a great way for lay-people all over the country to help contribute to your research.

You could start a website set up specifically for people to send in strange animal behaviors, for the purpose of possibly predicting earthquakes. As people send in reports, you could plot these locations on maps, just as you have here. You could then post them for the public to see and follow.

If earthquakes do occur soon after a mass of strange animal behavior sightings are reported, then you might have yourself a nice little warning system here. People in earthquake zones could follow your website, similar to the way people in hurricane areas follow the National Hurricane Center's website during hurricane season, and people in tornado alley follow the National Weather Service's website during during tornado season.

Data such as this, compiled over years, could also be used in scientific research, too.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by nikiano]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by citnaj

Here's what we are noticing in Florida:

Mallard ducks have taken up residence in a pond up the street. I
have never seen a mallard duck along the coastline in 37 years here, the water is too hot and salty. A male also seems to be courting several species of female ducks, an egret and a crane, guess spring will be here very early! He's enjoying himself, to say the least.

The moon has been continously visible for at least 24 hours and was plainly visible all afternoon, causing a stir at our Xmas parade.

My cats have been extremely clingy for the past four days and cry when I leave the room, following me like dogs. One, who does not like to be held for any reason, has turned into a lapcat and cries constantly. She's not in heat. Another who never speaks cries constantly and won't be left alone at all.

My ear began ringing and humming last week and it is constant now. No sinus infection, no high blood pressure and no rain around here. Mom, grandma and aunt here all are reporting the same and a relative in western Ohio.

I am paying attention because there is a 50/50 chance I am moving to Southern Illinois next weekend and I don't want to go anywhere that uses natural gas lines if things are going to blow.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Questioningall,

You have done a fantastic job of putting all this information together. I remember reading about some scientist who believed he could definitively predict upcoming earthquakes by looking at the clouds. He had identified what he called, eloquently enough, "Earthquake clouds". Anyway. I cannot remember his name, nor where I read this, as it was 15 or more years ago, but your efforts have inspired me to try and find his work. The clouds he drew pictures of bear a striking resemblance to the photos of the clouds over Mt. Ranier. Thank you for taking the time to piece all this together. I certainly hope you are wrong, for the sake of all within that area... but won't insist on an apology if you are! Only a boor would do that.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This is about as useful as the Santa Claus being real thread. You're pushing the whole thing pretty far, I understand that your trying to help people prepare for a *POSSIBLE* quake. It seems to me like you're just spreading your love for Webbot.

If you ask people if animals are acting weird, they are automatically going to look at things and believe its strange when normally they wouldn't even pay attention. For instance someone could come in here and say that their dog ate all his food while they were at work. Course that makes the dog was just hungry, but someone that is LOOKING for something strange might think something of it.

Webbot is a total joke, if you throw a quarter in the ocean it's going to land somewhere right? Thats exactly how Webbot works, and don't say that it predicted the drop of the dollar, anyone could have predicted that over 2 years ago.

I'll end it at that since I don't want to totally spoil your fun or come off as rude. Bottom line is, if your looking for something strange, you'll find it- every hour of the day- any day.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
We would be wise to watch and listen to the animals. They sense so much more about approaching danger than we do. Indigenous tribes know this to be true. We have become so smug and caught up in our man-made "systems" - that we have neglected the most obvious and natural ways to knowledge and ultimately survival.

www.asianews.it...

Also from:
www.drgeorgepc.com...

The Use of Animals in Earthquake Prediction

Research being carried out in China has indicated that recognition of unusual animal behavior in a systematic way can lead and be used, in conjunction with other methods, as a means of predicting large and potentially destructive earthquakes. The following are examples of observed unusual animal behavior before major earthquakes occurred.

Unusual Animal Behavior - In 1920, the largest earthquake to hit China with a magnitude of 8.5 occurred in Haiyuan County, Ninghxia Province. According to reports of eyewitnesses, prior to this earthquake, wolves were seen running around in packs, dogs were barking unusually, and sparrows were flying around wildly. It is reported that prior to the 6.8 magnitude earthquake in 1966 in Hsingtai County, Hopei Province, in Northern China, all the dogs at a village near the epicenter had deserted their kennels and thus survived the disaster.

Prior to the earthquake of July 18, 1969, (magnitude 7.4) in the Pohai Sea, unusual behavior was observed in seagulls, sharks, and five different species of fish. Based on observations of unusual behavior of giant pandas, deer, yaks, loaches, tigers and other animals, a warning was issued at the Tientsin People's Park Zoo, two hours before the earthquake struck.

The Chinese began to study systematically the unusual animal behavior, and the Haicheng earthquake of February 1975 was predicted successfully as early as in mid-December of 1974. The most unusual circumstance of animal behavior was that of snakes that came out of hibernation and froze on the surface of the earth. Also a group of rats appeared. These events were succeeded by a swarm of earthquakes at the end of December 1974. During the following month, in January 1975, thousands of reports of unusual animal behavior were received from the general area. Local people saw hibernating snakes coming out from their holes and into the snow. In the first three days in February the activity intensified even more and unusual behavior of the larger animals such as cows, horses, dogs and pigs was reported. On February 4, 1975, an earthquake of magnitude 7.3 struck the Haicheng County, Liaoning Province.

More instances of unusual animal behavior were reported. A stock breeder in northern China, feeding his animals before dawn on July 28, 1976, in the area of the Kaokechuang People's Commune, approximately 40 kilometers away from the city of Tangshan, reported that his horses and mules instead of eating were jumping and kicking until they finally broke loose and ran outside. A few seconds later, a dazzling white flash illuminated the sky. Tremendous rumbling noises were heard as a 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck the Tangshan area.

Other reports of unusual animal behavior prior to the occurrence of earthquakes have been reported in the literature and in books. Such unusual animal behavior included goats refusing to go into pens; cats and dogs picking up their offspring and carrying them outdoors; pigs squealing strangely; chickens dashing out of the coops in the middle of the night; fish dashing about aimlessly; and birds leaving their nests. It has also been reported that zoo animals refused to go back into their shelters at night; snakes, lizards and other small mammals evacuated their underground nests; insects congregated in huge swarms near the seashores; cattle sought higher ground; domestic animals became agitated; and wild birds left their usual habitats.

www.drgeorgepc.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Great post hun thank you much for the info
))

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
this is your third thread on this prediction will you be willing to apologize to all the people that you lied to and scared after nothing happens?

Not sure anyone cares abot this. If some are scared it's relevant to the the 5.2 quake on the Madrid fault line in april.

Well I'm sure he will degress if this doesnt happen.
Dont start praying for a quake either

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join