It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

nothing like some pretty pictures to prove a point. i love circumstantial evidence

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

My god, get over yourself, please.

The OP is simply pulling in information so that new readers won't have to flick through countless pages to get all the info. Why don't you just wait another 5 or so days, and then get on to your ranting of how everyone but you is wrong? Christ, I don't know if I believe this or not, and suprisingly, that's why I'm not giving an opinion.

You asked if they're willing to admit if they're wrong. I'm betting they will, seeing as all they're doing is looking at info and giving an educated guess. The question is, would you be willing to admit that you're wrong?

The reality is, however, that neither of you need to apologise if you're wrong. People make mistakes... just some make more than others.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Just ignore the haters. Haters will always be haters and the doubters will always doubt no matter what facts and evidence you present.

This is a great piece of work. I live in Missouri and I'm close to the New Madrid area. I hope nothing happens but I am concerned after hearing reports of animals acting odd and migrating away from the area. Animals have been an indicator of something big happening so this is definitely some good evidence to fall back on. Again thanks alot.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
im going to assume that the 2 of you weren't here for the GFL fiasco

www.abovetopsecret.com...

where something much like this happened. alot of hype. A "credible" source and alot of buffoons. and then what nothing.

so please excuse me for being a realist. and excuse me for wanting evidence. and i sincerely apologize for not following blindly.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I have read all three threads about this predicted earthquake. One thing is for sure, it will happen one day.

I think alot of work, (from all people on this site) has gone into the idea that animals are predicting an earthquake. I thank you all. I beleave that animals (maily cats/although i am not expert) can, not see into the future per say, but sence things. I of course hope this will not happen anytime soon and that when it does the correct warnings have been given.

To the poster having a poke at the OP, take a chill pill. You are right that this webbot thing (I know next to nothing about it) is almost defenently a load of tosh. But a warning has been given and people should take it as that.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

That's ok

Nah, but seriously, I wasn't here during all that time, but you should understand that the last few threads have been quite interesting, and I actually managed to learn something from them. I'm from the UK, and I've only felt 1 quake in my entire life (23), but still, if there was a big one, I'd be the first to hide under a bed or run outside. Apparently they're both big no-no's, so if it's possible to learn something from these threads, then I say let them be.

Honestly, if nothing happens in a few days, I'll be more careful to acknowledge these threads in the future, but till that point comes, I'm going to be reading these with an open mind. Even if it doesn't, I'm not going to be the one asking for proof in the future. I'm just gonna load up another thread, and enjoy a good read.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
im going to assume that the 2 of you weren't here for the GFL fiasco

www.abovetopsecret.com...

where something much like this happened. alot of hype. A "credible" source and alot of buffoons. and then what nothing.

so please excuse me for being a realist. and excuse me for wanting evidence. and i sincerely apologize for not following blindly.

He has provided a load of evidence. Animals are acting odd and migrating away from the New Madrid area, people are seeing weird cloud formations, etc etc. What more do you need?

Or are you just another skeptic that feels the need to flood a thread and think what you say is fact and anyone who has a open mind and keeps guard about warnings are idiots?

If nothing happens then nothing happens. It's not like he is saying something will happen. All he is doing is providing evidence and facts about animals and their odd behavior as of late. No need to bash him because he is trying to warn people that a disaster could be on the way.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Mikey2448]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

There's no need to apologize, there will be definitely be a few people taking precautions of some sort after they read his prediction thread and learned they should not take cover UNDER a large object, but rather next to it. The question will there be an earthquake or not does not matter. If there will be an earthquake, their lives may have been spared by reading that thread.

I've known the webbot for some time, and have seen them accurately predict small and big events. Keep in mind this is no wacky medium or self proclaimed spiritual leader making a prediction, these guys use linguistics and symbols we all use to predict the future. The fact that they don't monetize their website or try to convert people, makes them much more believable as well.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 4demon

i really wish i could read these with an open mind. but unfortunately past experiences prove me wrong. if the OP could provide some proof some fact or some evidence besides large amount of birds or dogs acting funny maybe ill take this into consideration.

otherwise there is a word for a person who makes 3 threads about one subject unnecessarily in order to get more points the term is "point ____" i have yet to call anyone that but that is what i assume in a situation like this.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
OH by the way - how are you going to debunk those cloud formations in Washington, or did you bother even looking at them? So that then means, everyone who posted in PNW - was telling the truth in their post - right?

So then everyone else in the post above was not?

Well Firstly Question All well done for putting the time and work into this. Whether you are right or wrong you have the courage to speak your truth, and stand by your opinion which I admire in people.

Unless of course the opinion or "truth" the person holds, is grasped to even though evidence and Proof that it is wrong is presented to them and they ignore it as it does not fit their world view.

So the Quote above, Please that is just Lenticular clouds just because many state "I have not seen that before", does not mean its not just normal.

I have never seen a Giant Squid underwater, If I did see one it would still be a Giant Squid and not an alien life form, not matter how much I banged on about it... so Lenticular Clouds:

A lenticular cloud is relatively rare

But that does not mean it has anything at all to do with Earthquakes, and especially their predictions!

Now on one of your threads I even posted a You Tube Video showing the Lights and strange Sky Phenomina associated with earthquakes, which are observed many times and known... but really Lenticular clouds?

It is the lens-like stack of clouds in the center of the above photo. Notice the contrasting appearance of the lenticular cloud with the puffy cumulous cloud in the lower center. The lenticular cloud is formed in the wake of winds blowing over mountains

Edu Lenticular Clouds Warren Wilson

Pics of them over other mountains like Rainer can be seen :

Mt Shasta

San Diego Mountains

Everest

Etc and Etc!

Now for the rest of the research, you really should be taking the following into account.

The prevelance and talk generally about an Madrid event, within the press and pop culture, and recent science documentaries. These things have heightened people in the area to notice things, and look for patterns where they were not before.

As opposed to Calif etc where the population has become desensitized to such News, warnings and Fears. They have heard many people there since childhood that a Big one will one day happen, not a possibility, but will happen. Its normalised.

Lifestyles and socio economic factors are important too, and current events e,g, Californians I am sure have enough to worry about with the recnt fires etc.... Has much happened in the Madrid Area recently?

Whats the talk of the towns now in the coffe shops and bars about the area, with the recent press and hype as mentioned above, the novelty and newness I bet many talk about the Madrid fault, but go to LA or Calif and I am pretty sure you would have to go to many establishments before you found someone talking about the Big One.

Even though Scientifically and historically it is more likely to happen in Oakridge NOW on a 8-9 scale than a 7 in Madrid over the next 10 yrs.

In Calif maybe those who would post are at the beach or out and about as is the lifestyle, but in the Madrid area many may be isolated and keen to be on the net, with the factors already outlined this is their topic of choice.

So these are important factors.... very, before you can postulate your "research" has any validity.

However I am just bringing this to your and the readers attention, I do admire as I said your time, belief and work on this, but I feel you need to understand real research, and be thinking a little bit out of the Box of inevability you seem to be in, Before you keep posting these threads on these future events, especially with such grave Headlines to the OP!

You would also have to take into account the data set of the members geographical locations in the population of ATS in the US, and the actual times those members have been online visiting when these were posted. To make it really specific and accurate as well you would need to know the Geographical Location of the ATS members who visited your posts, and just read them, against who read and responded to get anywhere near a vague data set of reliability.

Now these things IMHO make this a weak "WARNING" thread.....

But But.... as the Webots, and that Map showing the posted data, even if the data is unrelaible as shown, is interesting so I am not knocking it entirely, just hoping to bring some perspective and honesty to this...

Oh and before you make such a strong case again, make sure ALL of the Tenets (eg lenticular clouds over mountains lol) are strong to stop the rest of your case being ridiculed.

Having said that due to the Map even though poor data, and backed by my belief in "something" to the web bots though I am not quite sure how much, or reliable or even self fulfilling, both in typed words and other ways too.. (I would love to see them run for 1 yr with no published results then historically look back)...... well a S+F from me.

Elf.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey2448

well thank you for reading all my posts

/end sarcasm

i have given my opinion on both of those things and if you care to read it

it was on the bottom of the first page. and this is ATS where everyone is allowed to deny ignorance and i chose to do that. with logic evidence as well as past experience.

feel free to do what you wish.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I understand, but unfortunately with these cases, the only proof you can really have is after the event, which is pretty useless. That's why educated guesses are all we have. That's why I've remained a silent member for a while, just reading. The only reason I stepped in here is because the thread was turning away from it's original direction, which was to pull in key info from another thread.

I guess I've attributed to that, which is a shame.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 4demon

i have no problems with people posting to help people in event of an earthquake. but i do have a problem with people scaring people into believing there will be an earthquake.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Me too. Let's hope that's the case here, hey?

Edit: Ooops, 2 lines

[edit on 7-12-2008 by 4demon]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 4demon

i guess i have made my point and there is no reason for me to linger. i will come back if she decides to not ignore me or on the 16th whichever.

and let me say that i will apologize openly to you if an earthquake of this magnitude does happen. i hope you will have the decency to apologize if it doesn't.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

He Tesla!!!

You still at it here....??....

I couldn't agree more on these 3 thread souly being based upon a prediction by webbot and most of us know what that will bring.
I'm still waiting for the galactic federation of light wihich would also show according to that thing......

Really like your new avatar,dude!!

OP..respect for your ability to collect and post massive amounts of data

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You're asking me to apologise? Ok, I guess I can do that, but as I said in my previous post, no apology is needed.

Seems strange asking someone on the fence to apologise for one side or the other, but if that's what you need I'll give it to you.

To be honest, in this situation, I'd prefer to apologise than receive.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Ok first let me say I hate ATS log in!!!! I had to create a new account because it wouldnt accept my old password!

Ive been a member since 2005 but I rarely post. This post has peaked my interest because I live in Grand Blanc Michigan. I have noticed large flocks of geese that should have flown south by now. We have had records lows as far as temp, but huge flocks of geese are still hanging around. Im 42 years old and I have never witnessed anything like this before. Im sorry but I have to give this thread some serious thought.

Truth be told I hope this is all bunk! But I have read all the OP threads and have noticed anonomolies . I pray December passes without incident, but seriously what can it hurt for those who may be effected to be prepared? Worst case they could have the water heater tied up and a butt load of water and can goods.

Heres hoping this is just another alarmist thread! May God keep and bless all ATSers this holiday season!

Peace!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
Please tell me one lie I have said or written

LENTICULAR CLOUDS COMES TO MIND!!!!!

BRING IT ON!

OK a pleasure & I did read my above post here: Consider this before you post any more "research" my freind

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join