It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread417687/pg1#pid5435213]post by

You do realize the webbot was created in the early 1990's don't you?

Have no idea how accurate it has been but the program itself is well over 10 years old.

I think you can assume that the program has been modified, tuned and refined during all those years. New technology and mathematics has been added as well, making it more effective and accurate. Well, that is just an guess of course. /Regards.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by reugen]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
gormly
lowlevelmason
dowmonster
apex
and then N. Tesla - lied 4 post back, saying he wasn't going to post again until the 16th.

Why am i not on the list.........

This is a one line post, please ignore and continue.....

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This is a great site to see what the Live Internet Seismic Server says. aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I am sorry, would you like your name on the list of the gang who joined up together to post lots of negative things?

I seems to me, from your previous posts, on my threads, you have a critical mind that can look at the whole situation as it is and can understand what it has been all about.

It also seems you have respected the fact that my threads are actually about helping people and not about fear mongering besides all the other things that group collectively said about the threads, including twisting my words.

If I am wrong please correct me and let me know, because if you want me to put you on that list I will, but I won't put it on the previous post, because I do not believe you belong there.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rollinster
Bank or Bust for earthquake prediction.

I predict that there will be at LEAST 2-3 Earthquakes recorded tomorrow of 5 or higher on the Richter scale...

Oh and BTW, it doesn't matter what day it is when you read this... I will let the same prediction hold...

What do I base my foreknowledge on?

Well IRIS has been recording 3-4 above 5.0 PER DAY somewhere in the world for the last three years since I started watching...

So if the animals where going squirrely before an Earthquake they would be squirrely all the time
Yeah I know its a local phenomenon... but the point is there are earthquakes on a daily basis pick any day and go look up the data

www.iris.edu...

Just an example here in Nevada its 2:30 PM on the 8th of December. Well here are the ones so far today and yesterday and they only list 4.0 or higher. So already today we have 4 at 5+ and a 6.4 and yesterday we had 5 at 5+ and one almost hit the 6...

This is from the "last 30 days" list

So I am pretty safe on my prediction holding true no matter what day you read this post

DATE LAT LON MAG DEPTH km REGION
08-DEC-2008 18:39:09 -53.03 106.87 6.4 10.0 SOUTHEAST INDIAN RIDGE
08-DEC-2008 14:41:43 26.92 55.85 5.4 6.1 SOUTHERN IRAN
08-DEC-2008 13:58:43 -29.20 -71.08 4.7 52.9 NEAR COAST OF CENTRAL CHILE
08-DEC-2008 08:59:07 29.88 82.03 5.4 10.0 NEPAL
08-DEC-2008 08:04:35 31.82 140.02 4.6 172.3 SOUTH OF HONSHU, JAPAN
08-DEC-2008 02:58:10 49.02 156.17 5.0 47.5 KURIL ISLANDS
08-DEC-2008 01:51:01 13.42 -44.81 5.6 10.0 NORTHERN MID-ATLANTIC RIDGE
07-DEC-2008 23:49:57 4.62 93.36 5.0 35.0 OFF W COAST OF NORTHERN SUMATERA
07-DEC-2008 21:18:37 23.88 122.11 5.3 35.0 TAIWAN REGION
07-DEC-2008 17:02:23 -23.38 -114.68 4.8 10.0 EASTER ISLAND REGION
07-DEC-2008 15:49:57 -29.94 -177.89 5.1 55.5 KERMADEC ISLANDS, NEW ZEALAND
07-DEC-2008 15:31:23 51.48 151.73 4.7 442.7 SEA OF OKHOTSK
07-DEC-2008 14:15:33 -4.45 -106.13 4.7 10.0 CENTRAL EAST PACIFIC RISE
07-DEC-2008 13:36:21 27.06 55.78 5.6 10.0 SOUTHERN IRAN
07-DEC-2008 11:54:56 -19.58 -177.68 4.7 590.0 FIJI ISLANDS REGION
07-DEC-2008 09:55:00 37.36 21.03 4.5 10.0 SOUTHERN GREECE
07-DEC-2008 08:53:22 -4.59 -106.08 4.7 10.0 CENTRAL EAST PACIFIC RISE
07-DEC-2008 07:29:12 45.04 149.35 4.5 107.9 KURIL ISLANDS
07-DEC-2008 06:48:58 13.43 -44.80 4.9 10.0 NORTHERN MID-ATLANTIC RIDGE
07-DEC-2008 06:23:10 13.32 -44.89 5.8 10.0 NORTHERN MID-ATLANTIC RIDGE
07-DEC-2008 03:02:21 31.65 104.59 4.7 10.0 SICHUAN, CHINA
07-DEC-2008 02:12:10 6.73 -72.97 4.0 168.2 NORTHERN COLOMBIA
07-DEC-2008 02:00:51 -5.50 -105.32 4.4 10.0 CENTRAL EAST PACIFIC RISE

Here is another complete data source. If I printed ALL the quakes in the past week it would take several posts to fit

A lot of work in your post to be sure but I skim quickly the first time through and your use of Lenticular Clouds as 'proof' just tossed all credibility out the door

The animal behavior shortly before has been documented and is logical because the earth about to shift makes sounds we cannot hear

Earthquake clouds have been studied by Zhonghao Shou and look like this...
but have yet to be proven in enough cases and are inaccurate as they can appear weeks or hours before a quake

More about those here

www.thelivingmoon.com...

and here

www.gisdevelopment.net...

A desire to help people and save lives is noble, but false information does your case no good

Tossing in Lenticular clouds, a known and well recorded phenomeno over mountains was a bad idea

Originally posted by Rollinster
Bank or Bust for earthquake prediction.

So ummmm do I get BANK on ever day I am right

kaching!!!!

[edit on 8-12-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

reply to post by operation mindcrime

I am sorry, would you like your name on the list of the gang who joined up together to post lots of negative things?

If I am wrong please correct me and let me know, because if you want me to put you on that list I will, but I won't put it on the previous post, because I do not believe you belong there.

Threatening to blacklist other members is a clear violation of ATS terms and conditions.

You may want to rethink your tone.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

I didn't threaten to blacklist anyone, he was talking about a post I did with names on it that all posted together. Please read my post and then you will understand what that conversation was about.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Enjoy

Oooh. I remember seeing these clouds occasionally when I was a kid. Really beautiful. No earthquake ever followed though.

I was in the '94 Northridge earthquake in California. I do remember the night before it happened the sky looked like it was on fire.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Now THAT just sank your ship... totally uncalled for and as just said against the T&C....

If your evidemce cannot withstand scrutiny, you might want to check your data, not attack those who disagree with your findings

A "GANG"??

[edit on 8-12-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

Sky on fire...

This earthquake cloud was taken before the Kobe earthquake in Japan.

From what I understand so far they are caused by gases escaping the Earth prior to a quake... but few are studying this at the moment

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Please see the post I responded to that group of names "collectively" to their posts to me.
See what I wrote, please, before you say I am trying to blacklist or anything like that to another member.

I posted those names "collectively" to respond to "all" of them together, instead of individually.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Okay,

WOW, It seems like now - I am getting bombarded,

Let me explain where I am coming from with EVERYTHING I have done regarding these posts.

Let me give you a little insight to where I have been and to why I have done these threads.

First - I lived down in the Virgin Islands (St. Croix) when Hurricane Hugo hit.

I lost everything during the Hurricane - but I had my life.

Then for 8 MONTHS I lived without electricity and running water.
There was a cistern (we collect water from rain on the roof and it goes into a big storage tank under the house), thankgoodness, so water was not an issue. I would drop a bucket into the tank for water.

In saying that - I know what it is like to have a disaster happen and then how to get by afterwards.

Second - I am a Red Cross Volunteer - I go out on disasters with the Red Cross - I went twice down to New Orleans (a month each time) -

I go around teaching as a volunteer disaster readiness in schools and I do safety training for the Red Cross.

Now - when I did these threads - it is to get people aware - and yes say this may be happening.

I also did it to help people - in the way of animals being used as a prewarning.

Preparing for a disaster and having things ready is something everyone should do.

I have lived through a terrible disaster and I have seen and been part of trying to help one of this countries greates disasters (in my opinion) Katrina.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I posted those names "collectively" to respond to "all" of them together, instead of individually.

And then asked if another member wanted to be included in the list; the implication was of a negative. As well, the initial list included an unecessary Ad Hominem which will not be repeated.

There will be no more posts that are centered on the 'list', positive or negative. There will be no more posts asking where a member lives (if the member wants to offer that information, per the opening post then fine).

Subsequent posts will focus on the topic and the voracity/possibility of earthquake predictions.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great pic! Thanks for posting.

I think it's great that people are paying attention to what's going on around them in regards to this thread. It might be useful to look at past earthquake disasters and see if one can dig up any comparisons. Like the sky being on fire thing...I seem to remember reading about this elsewhere too.

I have no idea if an earthquake will happen or not and I'm not going to stress about it. I am not an expert on wildlife or earthquakes. This would be a good time to see if any of these 'strange' behaviors add up to anything or nothing. Either way it's a nice collection of stories from around the country--a good pile of data to return to IF anything happens. If not, perhaps it would be a good chance for us to further research other possible explanations.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
well it's the 10th here tomorrow so i'll put my hardhat on for 5 days.

seriously though ... i still don't buy any of this and especially have no faith in web-bot predictions. that said - sorry to see you misunderstood these past couple of pages. basic comprehension eludes even the best of people sometimes i guess.

chin up!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

Perhaps basic comprehension does elude some people (which, in turn, it does), but again, without subsequent acknlowledgment, is there not consciousness of that acknowledgment?

I understand what you're saying, but if, IF, something does occur, however high or low in magnitute, would it not pause for justifying the reasons the OP has so simply (reiterate: SIMPLY) done? No arguement with you raine, just trying to draw a little 'comprehension' of the larger issue here.

A note to the rest of the critique on this thread: Possibility is indeed possibility, and probability is only probable ultimately.

Just wish the contributions would merely accept this thread for what it is, an alert of a probable eventuality (however significant), with a level of diligence given by those who happen to think: ''Hey guys, perhaps we should take note and be alert''.

As stated, it's not fear-mongering, but should forth-coming evidence prove to be abnormal by very nature, then it's better to have a consciousness of how best to prepare rather than snub without reason. By reason, I mean something worthy of positive feedback....you don't have to nail the OP if you disagree, you have a choice to simply avoid the thread. By and large that's more effective and productive for means.

PEACE

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I only got up to the 6th page of this stuff and couldn't stand it any longer - many saying, that even if the web bot is totally wrong - it was good to get the warning.

I posted in one of the OP's other threads how I find it interesting that everyone wants to ignore when it is wrong and that web bot is wrong a LOT.

So now I want to know more specifics. I have the USGS site send me emails on every earthquake that is over 3.5 - and I get tons of them every day. What are we going to call a BIG twin quake anyway ?

Next, when it is wrong will all of you stop with the - thanks for the warning stuff - this is nothing more than the story of the little boy that cried WOLF.

There had better be 2 quakes that register higher than 6.8 between the 10th and the 15th or yet AGAIN, the web bot will be proven innacurate.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

lol - now i'm being misunderstood but i see my mistake. what i meant to convey to questioningall was, "sorry to see you're being misunderstood ..."

oh well ...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JustTheFacts

There were both a 6.6 and a 6.1 today, does that count?
OH NOES! Prophecy fulfilled!

All joking aside, I hope nothing happens. I've been pretty paranoid lately, but I still don't buy webbot's predictions. I think the reason people are bashing the OP is because he/she has made....3 threads now and seems to have no room for nay-sayers.

I can believe in aliens, time travelers, chuck norris clones, but not webbot predictions. We'll see who's right or wrong soon though, lets pray there is no quake.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by XSilencedxdream]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join