It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan, India troops exchange fire at Chakoti sector!!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Pakistan didn't attack India. The group of terrorists did.
This group does not represent the whole country and their way of thinking as it doesn't in any other part of the world.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
What scares me is that both of the countries are in possesion of nuclear arsenal. Even though all countries "agreed" not to use such equipment anymore...we all know that people resort to extreme actions in extreme situations
....I already know how this will end , probably pakistan will become the new Iraq for the next years , what im concerned with is the massive number of people who will probably die with no fault whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
So, Pakistan is about to be torn apart...
Musharaf forced to leave, a guy who was strong and trying to maintain cohesion...

Guess what: who invented buccaneers and letters of marque???

The whole Mumbai affair smell sharp of the E****** tactic during last 4 centuries. Whenever someone tries to raise his head (including India in this case), he get's a haircut.

China is getting strong, India is getting strong, noooo, this must be stopped!

Creepy!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

BBC says that Pakistan raided a terrorist camp in that area. Nothing on BBC about a fight between India and Pakistan.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
From external source...

Militants in Pakistan Destroy NATO Trucks

www.nytimes.com...

Just like that???

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You can see it coming can't you - the US pushing in from one side, the Indians from the other, and then they have a nice big front along the Chinese border.

The Indians have already been falling out with the Chinese over the damming of a vital river, so once Pakistan is in the bag the US can go for Iran & if China try to intervene then the US & their Indian allies can attack from the south into mainland China. An Indian alliance would give the US the manpower it otherwise wouldn't have.

At the same time South Korea could attack North Korea - after all, Pakistan, North Korea, Iran, and the Chinese are all "terrorists" - aren't they?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Why is it that everytime there is a skirmish people on here say it will be world war 3 and begin to be arm chair generals? The fact is, this story isn't on any major news outlets and there is a story that Pakistan just raided some militant camps (obviously trying to be nice to India and figure out who was behind this).

The Lebanese/Israeli, Georgian/Russian, American/Iranian all did not produce world war 3. I doubt some soldiers shooting at each other across a border will either.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Why is it that everytime there is a skirmish people on here say it will be world war 3 and begin to be arm chair generals?

Because they watch a Bit of MSM get hysterical and know nothing of history my friend

I find it funny there was about 20 terrorist attacks in the month before Mumbai, Islamic, Sikh , Christian etc in India and Pakistan and in the border by Kashmir and the really hot Place the Swat valley, but because no westerners were involved no-one bats an eye lid.

They has been explosions, shootings and skirmishes between the Pakistan and Indian army for decades in this region. They used to until recently daily shell each other across the kashmir valley nearly every day.

Some westerners get involved and it hits CNN etc and now its hot and important.

well anyhow I am not taking away the fact I have been telling my friends and families that a Nuclear exchange is much more likely in this region esp with China just over the border, oh and Russia just there too!!!! More likely than anywhere else in the world for about 10 or 15 yrs... Have written on ATS a good 3 yrs ago I think in response to a were all going to die Iran thread watch this area instead....

BUt this event is not the trigger, and it will probably involve the US/CIA when it does happen as they have practically invaded Pakistan already.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

ps readers and posters just google even better use real sources lol, and look how many terrorist attacks ave happened in India esp North and North western over the last year before Mumbai....

Shocked by the figures and dead, and the diverse groups doing it?

Look how many times India and Pakistan have exchanged fire both artillery and small arms over the Border area over the last 20 yrs...

Shocked?

Yeah you should be so don't talk blazley about something that could wipe us all out without knowing it first eh...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The source in the OP appears to be biased to one side; Pakistan's.

This needs other sources I'd think.

Skirmishes between Pakistan and India have been taking place for a very long time and yet all out war never seems to happen.

I'd think it will take far more than just unproven accusations or an occasional skirmish to get either side to launch. The catalyst would likely be a take over of the Pakistani Government by a group of Insurgents such as the Taliban and their partners. If that occurs, look out

I'd think all out Civil War in Pakistan is very likely in the future, so this is a scary part of the world. I predicted many years ago that the next true World War would start out with a nuclear exchange between these two countries and not in the Middle East as others fear.

I see Russia interfering in Pakistan and then China for the first time in modern history crossing its borders with a massive infantry. A large enough infantry trumps any hopes of retaliation as it requires destroying yourself to win.

China needs resources in the worst way or its meteoric rise of late will hit a brick wall. China could well see this as its chance to control the energy resources it needs by using this as an entry point into what lies beyond.

Personally I'm watching for more signs that the Extremists Groups in Pakistan have succeeded in taking control of the government behind the scenes, then panic. Since that is where the nukes are and since the bogey man in that region is India; that's were the missiles will fly.

I'm also expecting evidence that Russia is heavily involved in Pakistan assisting the extremists groups. I think that is where the Bear will raise its ugly head.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Right...

67 years ago at Pearl Harbor - where were the MSM to give US a clue?

1939, Danzig (Gdansk) false flag border incident...

1967, 6 day war, Israel surprise attack...

1973, Egyptian surprise attack, using water cannons to destroy Israeli sand (!) defenses....

It's not always like UK navy sailing to Falklands several weeks, or US preparations for Desert Storm. Sometimes it just happens and then everything revolves around it, and everybody is surprised...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

I see we were both typing similar thoughts at the same time.

I started watching news of this area more than 20 years ago. This wee small voice keeps telling me this is where the trigger lies.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Eh well, according to the news reports that I get on a frequent basis via Yahoo Alerts. Both Pakistan and NATO troops are still committing full time. More Taliban casualties than anything else reported. Not really sure how well things are going to go without another boost in troop levels in Afghanistan otherwise we'll be dealing with that region for the next couple of administrations at least. It just seems to be fire and retreat, way too costly to try and hold onto a location for too long.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by baburak
reply to post by MegaCurious

Pakistan didn't attack India. The group of terrorists did.
This group does not represent the whole country and their way of thinking as it doesn't in any other part of the world.

Mmm...do we need a lesson on the Bush Doctrine? Which includes "if you are not with us, you are with the terrorists..."

Get with it, man. This is the 21st century, countries don't invade other countries. We run operations. Enduring Freedom. Get used to it.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
this is terrific. Two countries about to engage in nuclear war (well im hoping not).

my fingers are crossed that this will only be a skirmish

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Great time for U.S. to test out its """"decommissioned"""" peacemaker?

And by the way, Russia and China really can't do anything to help Pakistan.

[edit on 12/7/2008 by die_another_day]

[edit on 12/7/2008 by die_another_day]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

"On the day of the Mumbai attacks, I got some information in London that India was going to act very drastically against Pakistan in retaliation to what happened," Hassan told Sky News. The senior diplomat alerted the Pakistani government and President Asif Ali Zardari to the threat. In turn, Zardari urgently contacted high level British and American officials who intervened to calm the situation.

www.foxnews.com...

Up to 75 percent of supplies for Western forces in landlocked Afghanistan pass through Pakistan after being unloaded from ships at the Arabian sea port of Karachi. NATO is already seeking an alternative route through Central Asia.

www.foxnews.com...

Lets see if the U.S. gives the green light for India soon as they get that alternative supply route through Central Asia in place.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
india and pakistan have always had conflict this isnt all that surprising but too seeing that they havent made any progress resolving their issues this whole time is surprising

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This article from Asian Times might help bring light into what's happening here, and this is just an excerpt:

www.atimes.com...

NEW DELHI - Following the Mumbai attacks last week, it is emerging that India intends to take the "war on terror" to the next level - specifically, by taking out militant training camps that India believes dot Pakistan-administered Kashmir.

A senior official in India's Home Ministry told Asia Times Online that a decision had been made at the highest levels that India will be directly involved in "annihilating" some of the terror infrastructure and personnel based in Pakistan.

Although fraught with risk, "hot pursuit" has been debated in India for some time. The Mumbai strikes, which claimed the lives of nearly 200 people, may have supplied the impetus needed for action.

According to the official, who declined to be named, these operations will essentially be covert to prevent an all-out war between the two nuclear-armed neighbors. Officially, India may continue to deny such actions, all the while taking the battle to the terrorists.

This may be part of that operation? Or is this just another skirmish like all the others, being heightened naturally because of the recent bombing in India?

[edit on 7-12-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
As if the citizens on both sides have not endured enough abuse and suffering. Guess Miss Rice sleeps better with a nuclear holocaust on her mind right!? Why is she and the rest of the administration not in jail, for their previous crimes against humanity and high treason?

Hope India and Pakistan can find some way to get closer, because they are being played by another country that doesn't seem to care much for human life these days. Maybe time for ISI to kick out the CIA and although India might think they have found a friend now. Will backstab them just as easy likewise.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Stranded]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
What scares me even more than nukes is that Bush will still be in office when this all occurs. is there ANY way that Bush can stay in office if a major war flares up? or does Obama come in no matter what? That is what scares me... what if Bush has a plan to somehow remain in office? Can anyone say something to help ease my mind?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join