It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians need to face the facts!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Thank you! I've been doing a lot of reading on this subject. First, Abraham WAS from Sumeria. Second, Genesis 1 and 2 WAS based on Sumerian writing (Enuma Elish - find it on the internet). Third, Jesus was considered mortal for 325 years, until the Council of Nicea ruled (by a bloody vote, no less) that J.C. was divine. Jesus was married; it would have been culturally repulsive at the time if he HADN'T been married and produced children - which he did. Three children through Mary Magdalene. The church, both Protestant and Catholic, have been lying to us from Day 1. Jesus even survived the Crucificion and lived to see the destruction of the Temple in 66 AD. Check out the Nag Hamadi Scrolls. Andrea in the UK.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

If you understand Jesus, then you will know they are not actually Christians, they belong to the Church of Satan. Those things are evil and corrupted and done with the manipulation of the truth.

This is why I tell you to separate the things done in the name of Jesus and what Jesus actually says. Study up on Jesus and realize he is on your side, and strictly speaks against these things. I'll give you an example.

www.biblegateway.com...

20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

What you see are the very people Jesus is talking about that do things in his name, but work in sin(iniquity = sin). He says he will never know them.

Pharisees are religious hypocrites. Jesus called them children of Satan. These are the people you are seeing do those things. Realize that Jesus warns of this stuff, and it does not represent his teachings.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

“In spite of the way many people are turning away from God, not for other gods, but for no god; in spite of the mess we are making of this beautiful Planet Earth which God has given us, God still loves the world.”

“Why shouldn't we, who clearly see evil in the destruction of the family, think about turning away from this sin, O Krishna?”

He loves you inspite of yourself.

Even if you feel the need to be so insulting that you can't even complete his na-me, he loves you.

That is why he is G-d and you are not worthy of his l-ve, you will still receive it.

I believe that is the most ironic thing I have ever seen. Spit on him, he still loves you.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
reply to post by justamomma

“In spite of the way many people are turning away from God, not for other gods, but for no god; in spite of the mess we are making of this beautiful Planet Earth which God has given us, God still loves the world.”

“Why shouldn't we, who clearly see evil in the destruction of the family, think about turning away from this sin, O Krishna?”

He loves you inspite of yourself.

Even if you feel the need to be so insulting that you can't even complete his na-me, he loves you.

That is why he is G-d and you are not worthy of his l-ve, you will still receive it.

I believe that is the most ironic thing I have ever seen. Spit on him, he still loves you.

But you do not spit on him, you spit on what you think he is out of your own ignorance. If you are a parent, you're kids will at times get mad and do wrong things, but you don't stop loving them for it. Because you realize and understand that they are just young and dumb, and do not truly realize or mean what they are saying/doing.

Nothing Ironic about it.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Holy Cow!

Welcome to the Christian faith.

God (The Father) loves his CHILDREN so much that he forgives you being so mean spirited that you want call him by his n-ame.

HALLELUJA!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

This is why I tell you to separate the things done in the name of Jesus and what Jesus actually says. Study up on Jesus and realize he is on your side, and strictly speaks against these things.

Yes I did make a point of doiing a little studying, it would appear that this Jesusgod is a completely ficticious character. Nevertheless, lets look at what this mythalogical being has to say that would inspire me -

Matthew 10:34-36 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household

Well seems to running true to form in India by all account, yep christianity appears to be as repugnant as ever.

So now it's your turn to do some studying you don't even have to read, nice easy 4 minute video for your critique, bet you wont though, typical of the christian cult.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by moocowman]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

This is slightly long, but will contain information you want to read. If you have A.D.D., then turn away now!!!

Yes, most of the Jewish writings are based on Sumerian writings, for you people who don't understand and don't read your history.

King of Judah, was captured by King Nebuchadnezzar and taken to Babylon, along with some 10000 of Jerusalem's principal. The Exile of the Jews to Babylon after the capture of Jerusalem was in 586 BCE. (Sort version, more history behind the attack).

In Babylon, where there were magnificent buildings and roads, the famous Hanging Gardens, and a ziggurat to Marduk, the Jews eventually settled down with prayer and circumcision and engaged in trade and agriculture (Jer. 29: 7). Some of their number returned to Jerusalem by permission of Cyrus, the Persian conqueror of Babylon, in 538 BCE. Those who remained became increasingly independent of Palestinian Judaism.

Many stories including "Noah & the Ark" which originally evolved from the older Sumerian story of "The Epic of Gilgamesh" which contained the very similar details, but different names. The Sumerian story's were borrowed by the Jews & twisted for their own use after the so called "Father of the Jews" "Abraham" left the city of "UZ" with his large family & took them with him.
(By the way, UZ was the home city of the Sumerian Hero & King Gilgamesh who existed there hundreds of years previously before Abraham and who "The Epic of Gilgamesh" story was based on)

Others Jews left Babylon, but only about 5% of the population, because many of them owned land & ran businesses in Babylon at the time and didn't care to go back to nothing. Again, Many of the Sumerian story's were taken with the ones that left and twisted. Story's taken & twisted were the Flood story & the Creation of the World story.

Those of you reading this, should be interested in the Sumerians, because they delt with what they called their "Living Gods" early on in their beginnings. Their Living Gods were the "Annunaki" who were beings who came from the Heavens in flying disk from the planet "Nibiru" . The Annunaki had servents which the Sumerians made statues of that look like Alien Greys'. Reference link...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The Annunaki appear in the Babylonian creation myth, Enuma Elish.
In the late version magnifying Marduk, after the creation of mankind, Marduk divides the Anunnaki and assigns them to their proper stations, three hundred in heaven, three hundred on the earth. These are the UFO's you see in the NASA Teather incident footage and other UFO footage from NASA in the 1990's STS missions and those seen in most UFO films taken. They are also the ones who do the abductions. If you read the Sumerian descriptions of the Anunnaki servernts, there are very Android like & do look like the Alien Greys.

I personally believe they have a base on the dark side of the Moon & within the center of the Earth. Read Hallow Earth facts & about the growing of the Earth. It is a fact that the Earth 180 million plus years ago was 50% or less the size it is now. It grew outward due gravitation pulls & fast spin.
The idea of Continental drift is a farce. Continents don't drift over the Earth surface like on a grease skillet. The theory of Pangaea is also a farce. The Continents where attached to each other at one time, but all of them were attached everywhere and the current oceans where on that surface at the time. It is a fact that you can take all the Continents and collapse them on to each with a perfect fit and make a small planet. Yes the East coast of North & South American connected to West Europe & West Africa, but also the at the same time the West coast of North & South America connected to the East coast of Asia & Indonesia.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
Yes I did make a point of doiing a little studying, it would appear that this Jesusgod is a completely ficticious character. Nevertheless, lets look at what this mythalogical being has to say that would inspire me -

Even if he was fiction it doesn't change my beliefs. He still speaks truth. His example is still the correct way and so on.

Matthew 10:34-36 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household

The sword is truth. If he was come to bring peace on earth, then he would have to tell you to submit to Satan and would have to compromise and allow the evil to rule with all authority. That doesn't mean he came to kill people, made obvious by the fact he never does. He heals demons with understanding. The church commits evil by killing, Jesus turned his enemies into friends by giving them understanding.

As Lincoln once said - Do I not destory my enemy when I make him my friend? The proper way to fight is not with authority and power, but with understanding and knowledge.

So now it's your turn to do some studying you don't even have to read, nice easy 4 minute video for your critique, bet you wont though, typical of the christian cult.

I'm a programmer, and make a living off logic, so I will answer the video.

Q1. Why won't god heal amputees?

A1. Well I'm not the biggest believer in prayer that asks for things, but rather prayer that gets understanding. The greatest prayers god answered for me was when he said No. Man it would have sucked to get the things I asked for at a younger age. Praying is to assume that God doesn't already know what you need or don't.

IMO - To heal someone is to bring them understanding. To cure someone of being blind is to give them understanding etc. Of course, even in the context of the question - logically if it was something he wanted to heal, he would just have not made them such in the first place, while overcoming sickness is a temporary state.

Q2. Why are there so many starving people in the world?

A2. Because evil rules the physical. Read genesis - we are to learn both good and evil. What you see is a result and fruits of evil. Hell on earth.

Q3. Why does god demand the death of so many people in the bible?

A3. These are Old testament verses. The entire reason Jesus had to come to earth was because the people in the Old Testament did not get the proper understanding they were supposed to. As such, they became hypocrites. Nothing they think they are justified to sin because the other person sinned. But Jesus say - no, that is not the way. Love they Neighbor as thyself. These are examples of people who misunderstood the commandments.

Q4. Anti-Science nonsense.
P1 6 day creation. 6 days are just a period of time in which things happen. It is not a literal 6 days. Even in other places of the bible it mentions a day to go is like thousands of years. Also, this 6000 year period is just the latest age/rise, there were others before it - like that which built the pyramids. If you do not take such a literal meaning of it all, and look at the general way of things in science, there is no disagreement. Those who think they are 2 seperate things don't understand. These things were said in ways best suited for the people of the time. I have no problem with science, and think quantum physics proves many things in the bible. The other stuff is metaphors, not to be taken literally.

Q5. Slavery. This I'm not sure I can explain to you easily. If you do not take responsibility for yourself, then that is what you will be. Thats about as plain as day as I can say about it. If you think you aren't a slave today right now, you are blind to the truth. Intelligent people didn't get rid of slavery, they just put you in chains you can not see.

Q6. Bad things happen to Good people. This is just completely subjective, and assumes life to be the end all of everything. We are here to experience good and evil. So bad things happen. Out of conflict comes understanding.

Q7. Jesus leave evidence of Miracles? I have no idea what he is even talking about. Miracles don't mean much to me, the real miracle of Jesus was him bringing understanding to people. Heals a demon with truth and understanding for example. The rest I dunno, it's nothing that actually matters to me true or false, but I have no idea what he means about evidence of it. You want some fish bones or wine glasses or something? I also think some of the things said about the sun have been thrown on him.

Q8. How do we explain the fact Jesus never appeared to you? This doesn't apply to me, except I did not see "Jesus", but the father instead. I just know Jesus speaks truth because he speaks about what I learned. He also says he will appear to people in a vision and in dreams. This topic is actually talked about a good bit in the bible, as the disciples also ask this question of Jesus.

Q9. Eat of Jesus - Metaphors again. There has also been talk of this dealing with mushrooms, but I do not know if that is true or not. Either way, to do these things is to eat off the truth IMO.

Q10. The church is the church of Satan, and doesn't follow christ. I have no reason to defend "christians", I only defend what Jesus taught. Personally, I think the guy had 1 real question, and then just throw on a bunch of other stuff to make it out to 10.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

I normally do not long remain in ATS forums because of the intolerance toward differing opinions displayed by many posters. I would like to point out that documentation does N-O-T contain words such as: "Many scientists believe" "Ecologist Robert Foley has theorized" "may have developed" "our ancestors could" -Words like believe, theorized, may have, could, all reflect theories and/or opinions. What you posted does not document anything, but only reflects possibilities, much like what those you disagree with are expressing. What is, IS, no matter what either side of this discussion would like to believe is the truth. Verbally slapping in the face those you do not agree with is not intelligent and is counter productive.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by munichguy

???

I don't remember saying this.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Okey dokey , to sum up -

You dont believe the bible is literal truth, fair enough then.
So which bit of the bible do you think are truth and who told you this.

You've actually seen god eh how's this when the bible says no man can see god ? Or is this one of the bits of the bible you dont believe.

You make it clear that you have no respect for christianity, great we're on the same side then !!

Obviously you cherry pick the bible for verses to suit yourself, great I can live with this,good news all round then.

I will rrespect your somewhat alternative approach to being a type of christian, now that's all you have to do is keep it to yourself.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
Okey dokey , to sum up -

You dont believe the bible is literal truth, fair enough then.
So which bit of the bible do you think are truth and who told you this.

Words are the shadow of truth. Truth is in the understanding. Those who only understand the literal words of the bible are blind to the truth. This is also told in the bible.

You've actually seen god eh how's this when the bible says no man can see god ? Or is this one of the bits of the bible you dont believe.

You can't actually see god. You are in a limited perception, which makes this reality and creates illusions such as time and so on. If you were to see God in it's fullness, your limited reality and thus "you" as a being would cease to exist. Similiar to the way if you gave a kid a grown ups memories and experiences, the kid would no longer exist as a kid would, only bigger.

However, you can view visions and such like that with him, in which he appears in limited form(IE: as a being).

You make it clear that you have no respect for christianity, great we're on the same side then !!

Obviously you cherry pick the bible for verses to suit yourself, great I can live with this,good news all round then.

I will rrespect your somewhat alternative approach to being a type of christian, now that's all you have to do is keep it to yourself.

No, I only point out those who hear his words but do not do as he says because they are not an example. If you want to "cherry pick" the bible, do what is known as red letter reading, which is to only read the words of Jesus. Those are the words I hold onto. However, when you understand those words the rest makes a bit more sense. For example, most people don't realize that Jesus actually spoke up against the things that are going on, and alot of that is examples of those misunderstandings and so on.

There is also the Jefferson bible, which is a collection of what Jesus said, and not the rest.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
live and let live, people!

peace

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldMedic
I guess you hated Mother Theresa, and what she did..

I don't hate her as I don't think anyone is worth lowering yourself to that level, but yes I personally dislike what she did.

Do you know what she did?

I think Incarnated is on the right track with the information and ideas presented, and has even responded in a respectful manner to some disrespectful posts. I look forward to more.

I think this will hopefully be a good discussion if we are patient with each other.

Starred and flagged.

- lee

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Wow again!! This is good stuff. I've been say stuff like this for over 15 years and everyone thought I was crazy, immoral and not to mention... a heathen... It feels good to know that some people can think outside the box and accept the truth. Even if it hurts so so much.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by American Jihadist

Judging from your name, you're still boxed in and only seeing that which you wish to project meaningless understandings upon.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
who's facts yours or mine? it is a choice to beleive in what we all beleive
in and I am keeping my opinion to myself for now on.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyjames65

Scientific and Historic FACTS!

They reside in the 5% of reality that isn't personal perception.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
From what I have read so far in these comments then if the Summerians started it then the Torah and Bilble as well as the Koran are wrong. Which make them false. Gee. I wonder how the people who believe in them will think about that.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join