It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians need to face the facts!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
One of these days soon Christians are going to have to be brave enough to face the Truth. They are going to have to make adjustments to their false faith to make it more realisticly based.

The facts that christians need to face is that the Jews stole many of their "holy writings" from the sumerians and then to back date the Jews as a people they spun the taken writings and put them in nationalistic and self grandizing documents that they felt were the leadings of God.

The facts that christians need to face is that Paul and the early chruch fathers, to make the story of jesus more acceptable to the masses of the day and future generations, took great liberties in spinning well known and accepted mythologies of the time and sprinkeled those well known mythological stories upon the unseasoned story of Jesus.

Until then the christians fail to rise above their own conspiracies in religion.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You are so smart!

Thank you. All the world is better now that you have explained 2,000 years of backward thinking by over 1 Billion people.

You knew this along along and deemed us worthy of saving.

Thank you, Thank you.

It amazes me how...people like you... base ALL EXISTANCE on summerian writing.

I know what you will say, "its right there for all to read."

Well, it says that Gays are evil, Obama is a Muslim and we all come Nibiru.

So it MUST BE TRUE.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

So it MUST BE TRUE.

As for Gays and Obama, I have no idea of why you think they appear in Sumerian writings.

As for Nibiru, one must realize that the sumerian mythology was written down 100thousand+ years after it truly happened. Stories grow the moss of mythology in the chinese mailman game.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Could both of you instead of behaving like 5yr old children please provide some evidence to support your arguments?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

100,000 thousand years after it happened? When men were grunting and barely living in caves.

So by that premise simply made up. Ok.

Well I can make statements like this also.

It's time people realize that people like this poster read things and then take them to fit their own societal needs. Like ancient Summerian writing.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SvenTheBerserK

Well the sumerian documents are well known. Just the document that predates the OT (jewish torah) that tells of a great flood, the beings that came down and had sex with the daughters of men. Those are really quite well known and documented.

As for the NT and stories of "Jesus" being spin doctored up with ancient mytholog of the time, this too is well enough known even before the annoying documentary.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

100,000 thousand years after it happened? When men were grunting and barely living in caves.

Like you're doing now? grunting?
I believe you have your perspective you fear to face reality. Mankind 100000 years ago were not cavemen.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You are so smart!

Thank you. All the world is better now that you have explained 2,000 years of backward thinking by over 1 Billion people.

You knew this along along and deemed us worthy of saving.

Thank you, Thank you.

It amazes me how...people like you... base ALL EXISTANCE on summerian writing.

So it MUST BE TRUE.

That is not what the OP stated, perhaps we could actually try paying attention??

JUDAISM IS BASED ON SUMERIAN WRITINGs, that would include the TORAH or as you know it the Old Testament. The stories are from the OT and Sumerian mythology are very closely related, and yes, the Jews did spend some time in Sumeria. Look it up for yourself.

The New Testament came after the fact, however, and was greatly embellished by the Roman Catholic Church who have used Christianity to enslave an entire planet.

Kudos to the OP, I do agree with you, and I did enjoy your thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I forgot.

The Encyclopedia of World History. 2001.

Many scientists believe that Homo sapiens sapiens, modern humans, did indeed evolve in tropical Africa sometime after 150,000 years ago, as the geneticists argue. Ecologist Robert Foley has theorized that modern humans evolved in a mosaic of constantly changing tropical environments, which tended to isolate evolving human populations for considerable periods of time. Some groups living in exceptionally rich areas may have developed unusual hunting and foraging skills, using a new technology so effective that they could prey on animals from a distance with finely made projectiles. With efficient technology, more planning, and better organization of both hunting and foraging, our ancestors could have reduced the risks of living in unpredictable environments in dramatic ways. And, when climatic conditions changed, and hitherto isolated populations mingled with others, the process of biological and cultural evolution accelerated.

They are wrong. You are right.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Thanks for helping. I thought it was a good thread, however sometimes when the creature of human needs to face the "truth" well documented, they resist by lowering themselves down to the animalistic nature.

The point of this thread isn't to mock christianity, but to strenghten the factual matters of the religion through association of KNOWNS.

Christianity wouldn't be such a retarded religion if it delt in more facts and less fiction.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The point of this thread isn't to mock christianity, but to strenghten the factual matters of the religion through association of KNOWNS. Christianity wouldn't be such a retarded religion if it delt in more facts and less fiction.

In 2 sentences you show what a bigot is. Thanks for the example.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Yes, Paul as the father of Christianity used a lot of his Gnostic beliefs to add to his mythology of Christianity.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by MatrixProphet]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Here are some links:

The Jews and Sumeria:
www.biblesearchers.com...

It would appear that Abraham was from Sumeria.

And to add some more evidence to what the OP is talking about here is a link about Emperor Constantine and the Council of Nicaea:

www.earlychurch.org.uk...

Pretty much, at the Counicl you had a bunch of guys arguing over which Canon was best. They literally picked and chose which scritptures went in and which stayed out to "unify" Christendom. They created the first Bible at the Council and ever since there have always been "authorized" version that were OK for the public to read.

[edit on 12/7/2008 by dalan.]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

It's time people realize that people like this poster read things and then take them to fit their own societal needs. Like ancient Summerian writing.

You mean like the Bible? That sure seems to happen a lot. Pick a phrase here, pick a phrase there, take it all out of context, etc.....

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

I agree. It has been done for ages.

I find it delicious when a person accuses others of their sin claiming moral advantage.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Oh, please, not at Christmas...regardless of all the hate and subversion and attempts at conversion, please, not at another's holy day, no matter the grievance or how hard it is to make it through without feeling it.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
What I find so interesting if one chooses to investigate, is all the new information that is creating an entire different picture of the Bible and its characters.

I look at the Bible like a mystery novel. Not all characters are what they present themselves to be and often one has to dig deeply to find the clues and toss aside all the chaff!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HugmyRek

You poor thing! I would probably stay away from ATS around the holidays as it brings out the monster in a lot of us!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Ok ok so you feel enthralled because you watched zeitgeist and "think" Xtianity is made up.

Did you ever figure out that there are hundreds of sites and forum posts that disprove the whole Zeitgeist vs. Jesus thing???

I'll tell you what. Since I'm a Christian Mystic I'll let you rest in your "thinking" that its all made up and fake.

In the mean time I'll rest in the spiritual enlightenment, ego death, no fear of death, transcendent Love, third eye activated, and complete freedom from this world that I received from becoming a Christian and following the ways of my savior.

If I had a perspective gun, ala hitchikers guide, I garuntee you'd become one in a milisecond.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

I agree that you agree. Any record, written, oral, or smoke signals are always open to interpretation and it just matters who's doing the "interpreting". I honestly don't know who to believe anymore. If I didn't see it, hear it, or step in it, its just somebody else's opinion.

I can't believe what I read in the news from yesterday. Throw in the fact that we're dealing with "stories" that are centuries old and I really have a problem.

I guess its why I like ATS so much. Anything read here can be taken as the "truth" by somebody. Just depends on what color pill you took that day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join