It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
– “The administration economists are not forecasting a recession.” [White House Press Secretary Dana Perino, 1/23/08]
- “We don’t believe we’re going to have a recession though.” [Vice President Dick Cheney, 1/30/08]
- “I think the experts will tell you we’re not in a recession.” [President Bush, 2/10/08]
- “The answer is, I don’t think we are in a recession right now.” [Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Edward Lazear, 2/11/08]
– “First of all, we’re not in a recession.” [President Bush, 4/22/08]
– “The data are pretty clear that we are not in a recession.” [Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Edward Lazear, 5/7/08]
- “I don’t think we are” in a recession. [Director of the National Economic Council Keith Hennesy, 6/3/08]
– “I don’t think any of the analysts are saying that” the U.S. has been in or is entering recession. [Perino, 7/31/08]
– “I think we have avoided a recession.” [White House Budget Director Jim Nussle, 7/31/08]
– “I just haven’t heard anybody talking necessarily about a recession.” [Perino, 9/5/08]
– “Well, we’ve talked about the definition of a recession before; it’s two consecutive — it’s generally considered two consecutive quarters of negative growth. We certainly haven’t had that.” [Perino, 9/17/08]