It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dodd: Auto Executive Should be Replaced in Exchange for Bailout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You know something. I happen to agree with Dodd about the GM CEO having to step down but you know what ticks me off to no avail? Where was Dodd in calling for banking CEO resignations? Where was he running the bankers through the mill? Where is the dog and pony show for the bankers? I happen to feel these guys should be allowed to fail but it irks the hell out of me when I see the typical Washington double standard. The story is on the link below.

www.foxnews.com...

Now if you want to know why Dodd wasnt calling for the resignaions of banking CEOs look no further than the amount of money that was GIVEN to Dodd
www.newhavenadvocate.com...

Some sites show that Dodd in the past 8 years have been given well over a million dollars from the banking industry. If anyone needs to be stepping down Dodd I recommend you go first you filthy pond scum.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hey Unit.

Your effing killin me. Still laughing over here with your parting line.

I have to agree with you that kid gloves were on with the banking industry and the gloves were definitely off for the auto industry. Dodd is much like most of my perception of Washington. He goes were the money takes him with no regard to reality or consequence.

I firmly believe that the auto makers should be allowed to fail. They have had decades to get their house's in order. If they bankrupt, they get rid of the union squeeze that they have to deal with now.
Hell, they might actually make a damn profit and cars should be cheaper.

SeeYa!!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I agree, it's the CEO's who knew EXACTLY where the financial future of their companies were headed and did nothing to try to prevent the companies financial failure (or at least not enough) and just kept scraping millions of dollars into their own pockets while watching the company slowly circle the drain!

It was their poor business decisions and greed that helped their companies end up in the positions they are in now!

If you keep doing the same thing over and over again, your going to keep getting the same results over and over again.

Keeping these CEO's in charge, in my opinion, is like keeping "the fox in charge of the hen house", you can keep restocking the hen house with hens, but you are going to keep getting the same results in the future!

[edit on 12/7/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Exactly you guys. These banking guys shouldnt be seeing bailouts they should be seeing bailiffs at their trials for fraud. All the congressmen who sat back and watched it while being warned should suffer the same fate. Filthy criminals. Disgusting.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Dodd should resign from his seat, he is one of the most corrupt in washington. he has 0 credibility and im actually surprised he is still on a committee that has to do with money considering he gets sweet deals on mortgage loans

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Exactly you guys. These banking guys shouldnt be seeing bailouts they should be seeing bailiffs at their trials for fraud. All the congressmen who sat back and watched it while being warned should suffer the same fate. Filthy criminals. Disgusting.

I agree 100%. Does he ever justify why the CEO's of the failed banks don't deserve the same treatment?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It'd be awesome if the GM CEO said that he'd resign his posistion if Dodd and Frank did and then go into how they played a role in all this financial mess. Would love to see the media cover that.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Everbody in Washington wants to bash American run car companies but will give foreign banks great deals with the bailouts they have done previously, anybody else seeing the hypocrisy here?

Let's let the U.S. Government run the Auto industry, that way we can have cost overuns that make a car cost 110,000. Plus on top of that, there won't be any oversight of the whole thing.

While the Big three are not the greatest run businesses, at least they didn't take the whole economy down with them with fraudulent business practices like the mortgage and banking industry has. If it wasn't for Congress's lack of control of the whole Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac lending practices, the Private Credit would still be there for the Big Three to use.

Congress needs to look in the mirrors in their glass houses before they open their fat mouths again.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Congress doesn't understand the meaning of hypocrisy, morals or ethics. The only rulebook that they understand is the mighty dollar. They only answer to the people who put the most money in their pockets.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kords21
It'd be awesome if the GM CEO said that he'd resign his posistion if Dodd and Frank did and then go into how they played a role in all this financial mess. Would love to see the media cover that.

Yep, would love to see it happen - of course Congress is the one with their hand squeezed firmly on GM's nuts, not the other way around. Dodd can pretty much say what he wants to and get away with it. I do wish that man were voted out of office during his next re-election bid though.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by Kords21

Yep, would love to see it happen - of course Congress is the one with their hand squeezed firmly on GM's nuts, not the other way around. Dodd can pretty much say what he wants to and get away with it. I do wish that man were voted out of office during his next re-election bid though.

i am hoping more along the lines of Dodd walking down the street and is beaten with a pipe from someone that lost their home to a horrible mortgage deal.

top topics

join