It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lacies Bridge/Witch's tabernacle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I was curious if anyone on here from the East Texas area remembers hearing of these two places (located on an OLD county road near Linden, Texas) and knows anything about them. I've done some searches for them but keep coming up with the same horrible story from a girl a few years ago.

If you haven't the slightest clue what i'm talking about I'll give a brief rundown, keep in mind the stories differ greatly about Lacies bridge.

Lacies Bridge: Supposedly in the early 1800's near the time when Linden was first established There was a wooden bridge that Lacie was murdered on, the story varies from her being hung,thrown off, even thrown off while being pregnant. If you go by the latter, the story goes if you throw a rose into the water below the current bridge you can hear her baby crying. Many people have reported seeing lacy late at night traversing the bridge and by the waters edge and hearing the baby cry.

Also, further down the same rode ( i believe, I'm actually from their and lived on the road with lacies bridge when i was very young). Anyways, further down the road is the witch's tabernacle.

Witch's tabernacle:

Now this is an interesting place, next time I am down visiting I hope to drop by and get some pics. The tabernacle as it is called is an old cemetery dating back to relatively the same time. It is said that witch's were hunted down and hung in an old tree and then buried, rather than burned. There are pews and graves with capstones, some with chains(information relayed to me by a former classmate). There is also a circle in the ground near the edge in the back where pretty much everything is dead....some people say it's this way yearly, other say it comes and goes. People report strange things happening with their vehicles at night, ie battery dying, not starting, lights flickering. Others report hearing chanting and seeing apparitions.

I hope to visit Linden this coming weekend or next and getting some pictures if I have the time.

Has anyone else ever heard of these places or are they just local myths placed on old areas of the town??

This is a link to a remarkably unbelievable recount of someone visitng the sites, it matches with much of what I have been told:

www.ghostplace.com... " target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.ghostplace.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I heard about this place from a friend of mine who lives nearby, and I'm hoping to make a trip there soon with said friend. However, I've not been able to find out exactly where it is? If someone could supply an address or directions or something, I might be able to get some firsthand content to add to this thread.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i grew up in linden and these places are real...me and my friend go and hang out on lacies bridge a lot...it a bridge that everyone spraypaints on and there are 3 huge memorials painted on the bridge to Ladevin Hodge, Reece Foreman, and Mark Thorp...there are several different stories that are told all leadin to lacie and her baby being killed on the bridge...the way to get to the bridge from linden is to go down 155 and take the first county road to the left, also known as bear creek road. you follow the road for a good ways then you will see the trees open up away from the road and you will be on the bridge. i prssonally have seen what appeared to be a woman walking on the bridge and its very very creepy. the witches tabernacle is just down from the bridge and there is a circle near the back where everything is dead, everytime we go there no matter what time of the year its this way. the scariest thing ive encountered there is the truck dieng on us once and another time the radio turned itself all the way up and started rapidly changing stations and finally stopped on a station that was actually having a radio show type thing talkin about old witch legends...go figure...but yes these places are real and creepy

new topics

join