It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles" (2008)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
they said they would cancle after season one. I think it was only due to virgin one that the show klicked off proper again. The one thing I find strange is how john seems so attched to cammor other way round,

If you watch in one episode she takes her top off well jacket to get into johnn's room and then lye's down next to him on the bed their did seem to be a air of sexual tennsion in that scene witch was strange.

She has also addmited to lieing to john aswell to get certain things out the way or change history.

The terminators do have a history of of reverting back to their old ways shown in season 2 early on i belive due to bad codeing.

why does derek keep saying to cam i know who you are and she says exactly the same thing backto him . they really hate each other but what the real reason.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SE7EN

I'm a big fan.

I like the progress being made with the AI 'John Henry' its a very interesting aspect to the show.And i love Shirley Manson as Catherine Weaver.

Lena Headey is great as Sarah and plays the mental (in)stability almost as well as it is written.Wasn't sure about Summer Glau at first,but she's grown on me,i like how shes evolving and the dynamics between Cameron and Sarah work really well.I just hope they don't start a romance between Cameron and John.

Speaking of John,am i the only one who thinks he's a miserable winging brat?
He gets on my nerves so much.I know some fans feel that way about Derek,but i like him.Who knew Brian Austin Green could act.lol.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by DantesLost]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN

why does derek keep saying to cam i know who you are and she says exactly the same thing backto him . they really hate each other but what the real reason.

One possibility could be that (I forget which season) in one of the future scenes when Derek and his soldiers were taken to this abandoned house,with music playing in the basement....it could have been Cameron down there interrogating/torturing them? That would be my guess.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RavenX

thats what i was thinking you know it never did show you what or who was down their i liked the fact that the creator of the turk was a reble soldier with derek and kyle. But why did they get released tho?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What about Charlie?..Will we see him again?....Im a fan of Derek so I hope to see him again and as for Jessie, Im not real sure about Jessie, Sometimes I think she is metal but I could be wrong.

We need John to evolve into more of a man, He does whine alot like another poster said and it does get annoying.

Also do you guys think this season will mold in to T4 that comes out this summer?...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

From what I understand, the show follows an arc that 'intercepts' the events between T2 & T3, rendering the events in T3 moot, as if they never happened. I imagine that T4 will continue the 'timeline' from T3.

I'm excited for T4 but I really hope it doesn't 'kill' the TV show. Most casual fans are going to be confused by conflicting story arcs, I think.

We'll have to see - it could go either way; the movie might contribute to the shows viewership, or be detrimental.

The problems of the world could be solved if we made Summer Glau queen of Planet Earth.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

I agree that Summer Glau is very stunning and I hope T4 doesnt ruin the series and im guessing that it will begin where T3 left off with John and whats her face in the bunker..Im excited

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What day does the season restart?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
febuary the 13th it restarts on

ive got a mate to copy the second seris for me so far the alein concept is a bit far fetched but in a way makes sense. the orbs of light are from the TDE, as for the ufo im thinking its a drone terminator.

some of the future parts seem to explain the music room aswell for derek to me anyway as in he was taken down their and interrogaterd by that doctor to teach the terminators how to act.

theirs loads more id like to keep this thread oing

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SE7EN

I would agree that its not alien at all and id would love to keep this thread going..I will be back to contribute my theories!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I have just been turned on to this show recently. I am not much of a tv watcher, in fact I don't have cable in my house but this show is great.

I am up to Ep. 5 season 2 for now. I started watching season 2 first so I could catch up with the story before it starts again in Feb.

So far I am impressed with it.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Nice to see another fan of the show!!..Catch up and share your opinions with us, I stated a few in earlier posts but my main questions are about weather of not Jessie is indeed metal , Will Charlie show himself again, and what will Ellison try to do with John Henry/Skynet, will he stop judgement day or speed it up with his interaction with John Henry/Skynet.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Watched the entire Series (Season 1 and 2 up to Ep 13) within 3 days. So I basically watched it as one "very long movie".

Whats nice about it is that its not one story per episode but a very long one spread out over all episodes.

The series works for me.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

I think that you will see john henry become the main skynet then it will take over the building then progress from their, unless elison tells john what he's doing and they break into that build ala T2 and blow it up. the next few episodes should be intresting I just hope the show doesn't slip the one thing tat always get me is their is never enough future war scene i love it when derek thinks back or cam they need to show more

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Episodes 14-16 were kind of slow, "filler"-like episodes involving side-plots that dont matter much in my opinion.

17 finally gets the actual story-line back on track. Looking forward to what transpires for Ellison and his red hair boss (who couldnt be playing the emotionless role any better).

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I really hope John doesn't press that button on the necklace that Cameron gave him. Just seems like hes been a real ass to her this season.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
i find the writing cheap and lazy. for instance how could the terminator take out its own chip and plant explosives in it. as soon as the chip was taken out she would deactivate. just dumb. and obviously Sarah didnt help because john didnt know about what was going on in the garage.

really bad writing im glad its been can canceled it ruins the original movies with this new version of history.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Has it been cancelled? So thats why the quality is suddenly uninspired.

Edit to add: Its not been cancelled yet apparently, at least not according to the current status of news.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

No it has not - though it probably will be. And the 'filler' episodes you mention were at the behest of the network, and a bane to the writers. I enjoyed them myself, particularly the one with the miscalculation that sent a terminator back to the 1920s.

Fox is notorious for killing off its best shows.

On a side note, I've been meaning to bump this thread, so it's great to see you here, Mr. Floating!

I don't watch a lot of TV, so maybe I'm all wet here, but it really looks to me like the writers of this show have been spending time here on ATS; what with the 'drones', sleep paralysis and AI plot elements, not to mention a VERY Titor-esque approach to the whole time-travel element (though it's arguable that the Terminator mythos had a lot to do with inspiring the illustrious (if not ficticious) Mr. Titor).

I don't want to see this show drag on until it jumps the shark, but I do think that the writers have a good story to tell - if the network execs would just let them.

And TiM3LoRd: she never said she had to remove her chip to insert the explosive; she merely says she "planted an explosive in my skull near my chip".

Another side note:

Anyone watching Dollhouse? I bet you anything that Joss Whedon would've cast Summer Glau in the roll of 'Echo', had she not already been busy with TSCC. Some of my favorite moments in Firefly are Glau's facial expressions - she's got a wonderfully expressive set of features (I'm talking about the ones on her FACE), and as much as I love her as Cameron, they're wasted on an emotionless cyborg. The 'Echo' character on Dollhouse will be expected to portray a multitude of personalities in her role, and as much as I've enjoyed the show so far, I really don't think Eliza Dushku has the chops to pull that off. But Whedon does, so I'll give them all the benefit of the doubt.

Schwarzenegger was cast as the original terminator because he couldn't really act (or speak), so does anyone else think that Dushku would make a better Cameron, and Glau a better Echo?

I'd still watch both either way, but I can't help but wonder if the final product(s) would both be of better quality if those two were switched.

[edit on 3/8/2009 by Teratoma]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I havent watched TV in a long time, but I like the Terminator-Time-Travel--Concept and I do appreciate what they've made of it. I would not mind for the show to continue a 3rd Season - maybe with a little less sappy mother-son clinging by sarah. I also think Glau is appropriate for the role. As viewers we really want her to have emotions because she`s so good-looking and we tend to project emotions onto her, she even its at some sometimes - so its always a fresh shock when she does not have any. The writers can play this one again and again and it doesn't get old.

I agree that the writers might have been on ATS re: the Drones. Or they were the ones who started the campaign in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join