It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starchild Skull DNA Testing Proves Not From This Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies
A group of researchers working at the Human Genome Project indicate that they made an astonishing scientific discovery: They believe so-called 97% non-coding sequences in human DNA (Hey naval, that's your your junk-DNA they are talking about here) is no less than genetic code of extraterrestrial life forms.

Whoa. Wait. Hang on a second. Who said this? When and where?

UPDATE: I believe ATS4Dummies is refering to a story that made the rounds on alternative sites almost two years ago, quoting a "Dr. Sam Chang" of the Human Genome Project as saying that "junk DNA" is of alien origin. However, from all appearances this is a hoax. There was no independent verification of this story; the websites referencing the story just refer back to each other. Michael Salla and Linda Moulton Howe were unable to confirm this research or even the existence of "Dr. Sam Chang."

[edit on 7-12-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
[it is quite hard to believe those where the exact words that were used]

*EDIT*

okay well that does seem feasible but if ATS4D could confirm this it would be great.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Oodain]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm going to go off topic for a second to list some of the skulls unusual properties that point to it not being a Human skull. Please note that these properties of the skull have to be more or less a direct result of the "child's" DNA

a. The bone in the skull is not as thick as a human

b. the bone in the skull is lighter than a human (since some of us are jumping to conclusions let's say it is a Bird; they have lighter skeletons than humans and the females pass on the mitochondrion to their children. this seems logical)

c. the bone is stronger than a human

d. THe skull does not look at all like a human's skull. If you still think that is some highly deformed human I would like you to consider Occam's razor. It seems very unlikely that one human has a deformity or several that makes their neck smaller the cranium larger the eyes closer together the mouth small the bones thinner, the bones stronger, and the bones lighter. I'm not saying it isn't possible but come ON? if you know of such a degressive/progressive disease please share it with everyone.

Now remember all of those properties would be a direct result from the DNA. So lets look at the DNA that was recovered and not recovered

They said that they weren't able to recover the Nuclear DNA which as some posters have pointed out could be because we don't know how to recover dna that we don't know about. Other posters have made the point that the DNA could just be unrecoverable. I agree with the posters that say we don't have enough information from this to really come to a conclusion.

But they did recover Mitochondrion DNA. The DNA of the MOTHER they say. Hey humans have Mitochondria and mitochondria dna is passed from the egg not the sperm to unborn children; it must be human.

Let's take a moment to look at what exactly mitochondrion DNA is before we move forward with that conclusion. Did you know mitochondrion DNA is NOT the double helix DNA of our nucleus? Wait so what form does the DNA take. well mitochondrion DNA is in the structure of a circle, identical to the DNA of Single cell organisms. So this brings up some questions to me? See mitochondria was believe to be a single cell organisms at one point and was really awesome at making energy so multi-cell organism assimilated the mitochondria to use it for it's own purpose(or at least that is the theory). So where did mitochondria come from? it is such an amazing organelle and it literally keeps every biological entity on this planet moving. Is it possible that ET's have such a different genetic and energy production systems that they don't use mitochondria to power their cells. yeah it is but it is also possible that they also use and need mitochondria to power their cells (assuming they have cells, but since humans consider life to be impossible without cells then for this post we will assume they do). Maybe Mitochondria is the original alien? could be possible through astroid collisions or even planet seeding.

Considering a series of abduction cases deal with females having eggs harvested by their alien abductees I don't think it is that far fetch to say it is possible that this could an alien/human hybrid skull. Assuming just one of those abductions is true which is possible since the "debunkers" can't provide a clear and efficient enough argument to "Debunk" every alien abduction.

Have they been able to identify who the mother is from this mitochondrion DNA? Unless the specific human has been identified I think it is a little soon to jump to any conclusion about this one considering the information given. To say that is abnormal skull definitively belongs to a human is just as flawed as to say it definitively belongs to an ET or even an alien/human hybrid.

Lets keep the doors open before we lock everyone out of the party aye?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Why couldnt this give evidence to Gen chapter 6? It claims the watchers came down and had children with women. Why is that so hard for some to believe? Wheather you believe in God or not couldnt the bible be a historical document? We may finally have proof of the nephilim talked about in numerous cultures around the world. Some may give them other names or are considered myths, but whose to say what happen that long ago?

As far as I'm concerned I'll wait till more evidence is provided but the jury is still out for me. One thing that this site has taught me is that I dont know everything.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by okwhatever

No it does not.
The bible book of myth,Gen 6 says angels came down and had offsrping with men, the nephilim, but if this is to be believed according to that book they were GIANTS.

This skull is clealy not that of a giant

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

COuld be a small giant, or maybe just a youngn'.
Though it's much more likely the poor kids suffered from a genetic abnormality, either like the ones we have today, or one more unique.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Here's a thought. Not criticism, just a thought. Take it and ponder it.

Do we have any KNOWN samples of extraterrestrial DNA/other genetic material with which to compare (and a chemical method with which to extract such genetic material from a similar subject)? And even if we do, do we know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the species from which this (hypothetical) sample was taken, is an all-encompassing example of all extraterrestrial life?
Do we know for certain that there is no other planet in this VAST universe of ours (just look at Hubble's deep space pics for a VERY small glimpse at just how big it is) that is nearly exactly like ours in all its developmental and environmental characteristics? And if we don't know this, without any doubt, then how can we possibly know whether or not some species on this/these (hypothetical) planet(s) evolved in a way that was similar, or at least compatible, with our own genetic material?
Not only this, but as others have pointed out, with a largely advanced (hypothetical) species that has knowledge far beyond our own, direct genetic manipulation may very well be possible!

My point is, we barely know ANYTHING AT ALL about the universe outside our solar system. Hell, we barely know anything about Jupiter, and it's in the same star system! We're even still discovering many things about life here on Earth - even in humans! We don't know what has happened even within our own species' history, not only because of poor record keeping, but because of the obscuring or outright rewriting of history! History is written by the conquerors, and there have been enough of those to rewrite history countless times. The current governments are doing just that as we speak!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this "starchild" is a product of human/ET hybridization. I'm saying we have no proof one way or another. And even if "we" did, the public would likely not know about it until far in the future, in such a time as the governments decide their high-and-mighty selves are ready to tell us "lowly slaves" about it. Without solid evidence either way, concluding whether or not the skull is human or a human/ET hybrid is out of the question. It would be utter fallacy to do so.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
well that is exactly what i have been trying to say, i probably should work a bit on formulating myself.

but i have a bit of an odd question though, loosely related i admit;
now let us assume that there is a vast amount of stars, more than what we have been able to discover to date(if anyone disagrees with me taking this assumption please feel free), if there is such a vast number there must be a large chance of intelligent life(i know we could be the exception that confirms the rule)but in saying so, do one not also say that they would have a vast amount of opportunities in regards to where they would like to travel, this would in turn mean that the chances of them pick up a signal would be very very small(do i even have to say how lucky that would be)

now this was just something that kinda popped in my mind i know nothing about any of this on a mathematical level.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
*EDIT*
this is an example of human error.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Oodain]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Oodain

m not sure I understand what your saying , but according to the drake equation there are bound to be large #s of intelligent species, However fermi's paradox also calls into question why they havent colonized the entire galaxy yet but to solve that debate wed have to establish just how common is interstellar travel type technologies and how long on avg does it take a civilization to achieve it.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
thank you, i will try to read up on those theories.

as far as i can tell it would only be a very rough model, but it is still far better than nothing.
now i of course don't know if there is more variables in the equations already, but as we get closer to the stars so does the ability to fill in some of these unknown variables, such as base elements present on a planet, the availability of whatever energy source is used for interstellar travel. i bet most people could come up with a few that might be worth something..

okay well sorry for the OT, i do however think that these equations could help on the current topic if they were properly explained

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
reply to post by Oodain

m not sure I understand what your saying , but according to the drake equation there are bound to be large #s of intelligent species, However fermi's paradox also calls into question why they havent colonized the entire galaxy yet but to solve that debate wed have to establish just how common is interstellar travel type technologies and how long on avg does it take a civilization to achieve it.

Exactly. We would have to ESTABLISH these data. However, we cannot do this, as we only know about our own civilization here on Earth (by we, I mean we the general public. Who knows what the governments are hiding...), and even then only what we're "meant" to know. Theory is great, but without empirical data, it is just that - theory. When man states "laws of nature", he is merely stating what happens to be the statistical mean of his observation. It is not necessarily all-encompassing fact. So before we can make outright conclusions on anything (except for the conclusion that we don't know even a fraction of all there is to know), we need to gather more data.
Of course, there are also many things that stand in our way at this point. First, we don't have direct contact with extraterrestrials. Second, we don't yet have the means necessary to travel outside of our solar system. Third, even if we did have either of these, we still have governments, corporations, etc. - the "elite" if you will - who put a wrench in the whole works for us every chance they get, and so we get almost nothing done. I wish it were otherwise, but the simple fact of the matter is that there are people on this planet who believe themselves to be better or more important than everyone else, and by such reasoning they feel that they can hide whatever information they want to from us.
So for now, all we have to work from are our empirical data - observations made by us through direct experience - until such a time as we are deemed "worthy" of the truth.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kevintorvalds

We need DATA. We need RESEARCH, What we dont need are stories about government cover ups and martians and alien skulls without proof. These are sensationalist and get no where. If you find something, test it, and if the results show its human or normal or you can explain it, then so be it. Dont just hold on for the sake of it entertaining baseless cover up ideas.

Furthermore, dont make this about class warfare , ie : The Elite etc.

While there is indeed socio economic stratification present in our society, people try to make it out a if their is a room where rich people meet on a regular basis to discuss how to "keep people down" and so forth, and that idea is just ludicrous. Even in a society such as ours with its economic stratification, there is still room for upward- or downward- mobility.

This isnt like a caste system, where your born into a caste and by your familial birth are stuck there.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by okwhatever
Why couldnt this give evidence to Gen chapter 6? It claims the watchers came down and had children with women. Why is that so hard for some to believe? Wheather you believe in God or not couldnt the bible be a historical document? We may finally have proof of the nephilim talked about in numerous cultures around the world. Some may give them other names or are considered myths, but whose to say what happen that long ago?

As far as I'm concerned I'll wait till more evidence is provided but the jury is still out for me. One thing that this site has taught me is that I dont know everything.

You should listen to this lecture by scientist Nassim Haramein:
video.google.com...

Fast forward to the 2h:51minute mark of this video, and you'll see him talk about his theory that the God in the Bible is none other than the same Sun Gods found in China, Japan, South America, etc, and these Sun Gods are aliens.

I was surprised to learn from this lecture that God's real name was Tetragrammaton. God as an alien, that's certainly a new way of looking at the Bible, and it seems to explain a lot of the strange stories there.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by NavalFC
Furthermore, dont make this about class warfare , ie : The Elite etc.

While there is indeed socio economic stratification present in our society, people try to make it out a if their is a room where rich people meet on a regular basis to discuss how to "keep people down" and so forth, and that idea is just ludicrous. Even in a society such as ours with its economic stratification, there is still room for upward- or downward- mobility.

This isnt like a caste system, where your born into a caste and by your familial birth are stuck there.

I'm not trying to make this about "class war" as you put it. I'm simply stating the fact that there is constant falsification, manipulation and obscuring of data gathered by governments, their subsidiaries, and anyone and everyone who may have to pass through one of their bottlenecks, such as a customs check or the mass media, with any sort of relevant information. The fact is, nothing the "elite" (yes, they are VERY real and do hold sway in most circumstances - it has been this way for all of currently known recorded history) allow us to see is reliable, including anything that passes across the mass media outlets. Any "proof" gleaned from them has far higher potential for being completely manipulated and watered down than for being true. I'm not exactly sure how we could possibly get around this problem, aside from going out and looking at the evidence for ourselves, learning what we need to know to be able to validate it to our own satisfaction, and from there draw our conclusions. THAT is my point.

edit: quote added

[edit on 12/7/2008 by kevintorvalds]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

No, according to Jewish and Christian theolog gods real name is Yahweh.

The word tetragrammaton refers to the letters in hewbrew used to spell it out.

Tetragrammaton means "word of 4 letters" and in hewbrew it is only 4 letters to spell out Yahweh. The letters Yodh, He , haw and he.

TetraGrammaton is not in itself a name.

As far as the aliens notion, I doubt it. Mankind would not need aliens to create religion, and no evidence exists that seems to suggest this outside of all the people living in the sky anecdotes many religions contain. More likely , mankind had questions regarding the origin of life, our fate after death, and crafted stories to revovle around these

Further hindering the idea that there were all the same people or
"aliens" is the fact that all of these different religions have a different set of ethics, meaning they likely don't have one origin but instead the code of ethics and beliefs in the various faiths were influenced by the culture of the people who created the various religions, and not aliens

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Leto

Tetragrammaton means "word of 4 letters" and in hewbrew it is only 4 letters to spell out Yahweh. The letters Yodh, He , haw and he.

As far as the aliens notion, I doubt it. Mankind would not need aliens to create religion, and no evidence exists that seems to suggest this outside of all the people living in the sky anecdotes many religions contain. More likely , mankind had questions regarding the origin of life, our fate after death, and crafted stories to revovle around these

Further hindering the idea that there were all the same people or
"aliens" is the fact that all of these different religions have a different set of ethics, meaning they likely don't have one origin but instead the code of ethics and beliefs in the various faiths were influenced by the culture of the people who created the various religions, and not aliens

Correct on the name. To clarify your statement a bit, the vowels were written in as little marks below and above the consonants, but weren't in the case of the "tetragrammaton" in many cases, probably out of respect/fear of retribution/"we are not worthy" etc. But the thing about the different ethics systems - are we again making the assumption that if there were aliens, it was always one species? Different species of aliens could account for different ethics systems. This is a valid possibility, although at this point we have no proof either way. Could it all have been developed by each civilization on their own? Sure, it could have. But there are some interesting drawings, writings, artifacts, etc. which suggest contact with advanced technology, which would in turn suggest the possibility of contact with an outside advanced civilization.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Leto

Yes Tetragrammaton can mean 'four letter word.' However according to Nassim Haramein Tetragrammaton can be a word for God that has a structure of a tetrahedron generating a gravitational effect. That seems to explain the 'Ark' of the Covenant.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Leto]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leto

Yes Tetragrammaton can mean 'four letter word.' However according to Nassim Haramein Tetragrammaton can be a word for God that has a structure of a tetrahedron generating a gravitational effect. That seems to explain the 'Ark' of the Covenant.

This is a twisting of words for the convenience of the lecture. This is done quite a bit, especially within religious lectures. A word will be taken out of context and given new meaning. I saw this happen in another thread where people claiming to know the "grand scheme" and the names of the "creators" and such took words commonly used in the Greek and other languages of human origin, and attributed these words as names. The christian movement does this quite a bit - you'll often see words used in a common or descriptive sense, and they are twisted into an actual name or title by the translators when in fact the originally intended meaning was a mere descriptive. This, again, is more of that filtering and manipulation I was talking about. As I said, this sort of information is unreliable, and so the only way to truly understand, through and through, exactly what is written, you have to learn the language yourself, or find someone else who has, whom you know personally and trust completely, to translate for you. Otherwise you get mangled translations like this.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

who said it was fossilized??

interesting video, but i think it's a little early to claim anything definitive just yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join