It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen in an armageddon plague?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Could you see if you could give me a little help here with these questions? A lot of them are technical and I can't find any real answers on google. Thanks.

Questions:
I THE PLAGUE
1. What would happen during a major biological plague
2. What kind of virus/parasite/infection would be powerful enough to have a 90%+ kill rate
3. What would it's symptoms be?
4. How would the authorities react to the crisis?
5. What kind of quaratine (if any) would the authorities enact?
6.How long would it take for a virus, like the one described above, to completely overtake the world?
7. Who and How would people be immune to the plague?
8. What would happen with all of the dead bodies?
9. Where would people go for shelter?
10. Where would an outbreak be most likely to start out?
11. Where would the President go as the outbreak started?
12. How long would TV news stations, Internet news, radio news, and newspapers exist as the plague ran it's course?
13. What would be the general feeling as everybody died off, leaving next to nobody?
14. How would the authorities try to control panic and looting? How long could they?
15. Why would a survivor stay in the city rather than try to leave?
16. How many people would die at their churches?
17. What kind of religous upheavals would occur?
18. When would schools and public buildings shut down?
19. How long after initial outbreak would government last?
20. What would be more deadly, a contact virus that goes airborn, or a simple airborn virus?
21. How long would it take for internet, cable, and cell phones to go down?
22. Would NASA have time to bring down the astronauts from the International Space Station?
23. Would the virus be most likely man-made?
24. Would there be militia attacks on Washington during the beginning of the outbreak?
25. What would terrorists do as everybody got sick and died off?

II THE AFTERMATH
1. At the end of the plague, if most everybody is dead, and all infrastructure is gone, would it still be possible to access the internet, assuming a survivor still could create power through a portable generator?
2. What kind of wildlife would flourish in an abandoned city?
3. What sensations would someone feel driving through an empty city, three, four, five years after the end of the plague?
4. How would someone cope with the loneliness of being in the empty city?
5. Would all cell phones be dead, or could someone get a signal?

III THE MUTANTS
1. If there were mutants, what would cause them?
2. Assuming that they are not technically mutants, but infected survivors, how would they think, look and act?
3. How long would they harbor the virus before dying?
4. Is it likely that they would be vampirical?
5. How do you create a zombie that isn't like I am Legend, or Night of the Living Dead?
6. If they are allergic somehow to sunlight, where would they hide during the day?
7. Why would they be nocturnal?
8. What kind of plague would do this?
9. Would they have brain function to use modern weapons, tactics, etc?
10. What would they look like, smell like, etc?

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Ranger23]

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Ranger23]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Questions:

I THE PLAGUE
1. What would happen during a major biological plague
- Alot of people would die, martial law, looting.. anarchy.

2. What kind of virus/parasite/infection would be powerful enough to have a 90%+ kill rate
- Something that the US govt is probably working on now.

3. What would it's symptoms be?
- Probably death within a week, enough time for the carriers to spread it on to other people.

4. How would the authorities react to the crisis?
- Martial law, alot of senseless killing of the infected/ non-infected.

5. What kind of quaratine (if any) would the authorities enact?
- Close down airports, public transport, public places to avoid further spreading - Encouraging people to stay at home.

6.How long would it take for a virus, like the one described above, to completely overtake the world?
- Hard one to put a guess on, as quickly as possible to kill as many without giving any time for a vaccine, but long enough to allow it to spread.

7. Who and How would people be immune to the plague?
- Don't know.

8. What would happen with all of the dead bodies?
- Big holes in the ground filled with peoples bodies and set on fire, incineration.

9. Where would people go for shelter?
- The usual places they'd go to in a disaster, but people would be encouraged to stay at home.

10. Where would an outbreak be most likely to start out?
- If man made and positioned correctly, a place that has alot of people.. and alot of tourists.. USA, United Arab Emirates, Europe?

11. Where would the President go as the outbreak started?
- Probably some bunker deep underground with plenty of supplies.

12. How long would TV news stations, Internet news, radio news, and newspapers exist as the plague ran it's course?
- As long as electricity/ petroleum was available, and batteries.
But if no one was left to run them, not long.

13. What would be the general feeling as everybody died off, leaving next
to nobody?
- Alot of anger, fear.

14. How would the authorities try to control panic and looting? How long could they?
- Until the people administering martial law die off, or when their families die off and their as helpless as the rest..

15. Why would a survivor stay in the city rather than try to leave?
- More supplies in a city, if a vaccine was available it would be in large cities before rural areas.

16. How many people would die at their churches?
- This could encourage people to become religious, and others to abandon their religion. Impossible to say.

17. What kind of religous upheavals would occur?
- Unsure.

18. When would schools and public buildings shut down?
- Once it was no longer possible to run them, when it was a large threat.
If you shut down the schools people panic.

19. How long after initial outbreak would government last?
- I woudn't give it too long, depends on the kill rate/ time.

20. What would be more deadly, a contact virus that goes airborn, or a simple airborn virus?
- Airborn IMO, guy next to you coughs.. you got the disease now.

21. How long would it take for internet, cable, and cell phones to go down?
- If there was no one to supply power to the servers then not long.

22. Would NASA have time to bring down the astronauts from the International Space Station?
- I think they'd almost be forgotten, I'd rather be up there.

23. Would the virus be most likely man-made?
- I'm not sure, but I guess nothing that bad could just "spring up" and turn that nasty.

24. Would there be militia attacks on Washington during the beginning of the outbreak?
- I know that most american's without answers would probably turn and blame their government

25. What would terrorists do as everybody got sick and died off?
- Have a vacation.

II THE AFTERMATH
1. At the end of the plague, if most everybody is dead, and all infrastructure is gone, would it still be possible to access the internet, assuming a survivor still could create power through a portable generator?
- Not without the servers, and even if so their domain name would almost be impossible to find, unless something obvious like "www.abc.com" - but how many attempts would that take to guess first up?

2. What kind of wildlife would flourish in an abandoned city?
- Rats, some breeds of domestic animals (mainly dogs and cats), insects and especially birds.

3. What sensations would someone feel driving through an empty city, three, four, five years after the end of the plague?
- Watch "I am legend", complete loneliness.. all he has is his dog and is quite mentally ill, it's a movie but the feelings seem accurate.

4. How would someone cope with the loneliness of being in the empty city?
- A pet? Or a store full of manikins.

5. Would all cell phones be dead, or could someone get a signal?
- If someone could supply power to the place that monitors calls to emergency satelites (by dialing 112 in Australia).. well.. that's it?

III THE MUTANTS
1. If there were mutants, what would cause them?
- Infection during child birth?

2. Assuming that they are not technically mutants, but infected survivors, how would they think, look and act?
- Tricky one to answer.

3. How long would they harbor the virus before dying?
- Long enough to spread the virus, a week is a good time.

4. Is it likely that they would be vampirical?
- I don't really think so...

5. How do you create a zombie that isn't like I am Legend, or Night of the Living Dead?
- Tough question

6. If they are allergic somehow to sunlight, where would they hide during the day?
- Well, you've seen I am legend.. hide in big buildings, sewers.. general dark places.

7. Why would they be nocturnal?
- They might find hunting easier at night, and sleep all day.
Throw in some evolution and they will have pale skin with weak pigmentation.

8. What kind of plague would do this?
- One from hollywood.

9. Would they have brain function to use modern weapons, tactics, etc?
- Depends, doubtful.. anything like that would surely induce brain damage.

10. What would they look like, smell like, etc?
- Ahhh dunno..

Just my thoughts on such a situation, hope it's entertaining/ helpful.
- I've watched too many movies, and I lack sleep.. So sorry if not everything makes perfect sense.

[edit on 6/12/08 by WishForWings]

[edit on 6/12/08 by WishForWings]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
With regard to your obvious in-depth research, we will never be ready.
We will resort to on-line bs about how best to survive and you'll get all of that from the gov't.
It's poison I tell ya'.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Regarding how to deal with a seriously deadly plague, one might ask where's it's comming from.? By that I mean, could it be manmade, and if so why, what or who will gain, by releasing such a deadly virus. We are already facing a potential killer or plague, but how to stop it, that's the million dollar question.

For several years now, bee keepers have noticed an escalation in the mortallity in their hives, that only seems to get worse every year. Honeybee's around the globe are disappearing at an excelerated speed, but nobody seem's to know why. In the U.S alone 1/3, of all honeybee's was wiped out last year. These bee's are crucial for the pollination of 90 major food crops.

The most serious pest or disease of honeybees in the 20th century has undoubtedly been the ectoparasitic mite, Varroa jacobsoni. Relatively harmless on its natural host, the Eastern honeybee Apis cerana, the varroa mite has recently crossed onto the Western honeybee Apis mellifera and spread from its Asian origins throughout most of the world. On the commercially important Apis mellifera the varroa mite is no longer a relatively benign pest, resulting in almost all cases in the death of the honeybee colony. In regions of the world where the varroa mite is well established, such as Europe and the USA, wild honeybee populations have all but disappeared as a result of varroa mortality. As an example, it has been reported that in California the varroa mite eliminated 99% of all wild honeybee colonies within two years of its arrival. In these countries, practically the only honeybee colonies remaining are colonies maintained by commercial beekeepers, and kept alive by means of anti-varroa treatments, normally pesticides.
Several reasons has been put on the table. The most pest or disease of honeybees in the 20th century, has undoubtely been the ectoparacidic mite, Varroa jacobsoni. Also called Varroa Destructive. As an excample, it's wiped out 98% of all wildlife colonies of honeybees A tiny flee-like bug, but visible to the naked eye. Even if these mites can be blamed, we may already be to late to stop this scenario from happening.
Albert Einstein is claimed to have said: If the honeybee's disappear, the human race would have about 4 years before becoming extinct itself.

Could this be just another way of the Illuminati, to rid the world of the undesireables. Stockpiling food and water, so they can last for several years. While in the meantime people are killing of eachother, just to get their hands on food, to feed their families. No big war, no nukes, just an act of (God). It wouldn't take more than a few weeks, before people would start to die off from starvation and lack of water.

I sincerely hope i'm wrong about all of this......

Peace

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The one that concerns me is smallpox. It can burn through a culture like wildfire, kill between 30% to 50% of a population, as some will survive, others will not be contaminated.

Due to the incubation period, you can expose thousands without symptoms, and those thousands will expose thousands, etc.

Since I work in a microbial environment, we already have hundreds of suits, gloves, and full face respirators. We have means to provide our homes with HEPA scrubbed positive air pressure, and we have coated all interior surfaces and belongings with a nano-technology titanium dioxide.

In the event of a breakout, one should not make contact with any outsiders until the bulk of the exposure has run its course. Anthrax can be inhaled, but it's not easily aerosolized.

The thing is, it will shut down a culture quickly. The dead in many instances will have to bury the dead. Risking exposure to bury the dead is something I'm not willing to do. Animals will be left on their own, as fleas can spread the disease, just as it did in Europe in the Dark Ages.

A basic food supply and access to potable water will enable folks to wait it out, which will take weeks and months. If one is able to suit up, they may risk other desperate folks who in a panic may pose a threat, but before reentering a safe haven, must be biowashed to minimize or eliminate bringing exposure back inside with them.

I much prefer anthrax to smallpox.

If one has access to the nano-titanium dioxide, then in the presence of light, these microbials will be not only destroyed, but molecularly disassembled. To increase surface area, one can hang TiO2 coated polyethylene "sheets" from the ceilings.

"Walk-off" and entry areas must be maintained. A chemical biowash can take place there, with suits discarded and masks coated with TiO2 to be left in the light to further decontaminate the masks and the filters themselves.

After 60-90 days, the bulk of the infection will have run its course. But one should still take extreme precautions when going out to scavenge supplies or supplemental food sources.

Really make for some horrific scenes, great suffering, and the end of civilization as we know it for decades.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by dooper]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Lol Ranger... you took I Am Legend WAAAAAAAAAAAY to seriously

top topics

join