It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli general: Forces ready for Iran attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Israeli general: Forces ready for Iran attack

rawstory.com

A Saturday afternoon report said that Israeli Air Force Commanding General Ido Nehushtan has declared the country's forces 'prepared' at a moment's notice to 'halt' Iran's efforts to enrich uranium.

The claim, which was carried by Persian news network Press TV, was buried in paragraph eight. The network instead led with Israeli Prime Minister Olmert's recent demand that US President-elect Barack Obama "face up to Iran" and force the country's nuclear activities to a close.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.presstv.ir

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Neo-cons still preparing for Iran attack
'Israeli Air Force ready to attack Iran'
WAR: Israel Prepares Troops for Attack on Iran

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
wow, ok, so that implies they've spent all this time prepping for it...

I wonder how much of that prep included blowback planning? Some blowback can be measured by overpressure. Just a reminder to those considering such a move.

Well, there goes Iran again on maximum security alert.

And again, a reminder of NIE's and IAEA findings that they ain't got jack on Iran.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
wont happen.. im bigger than you tribal propaganda.Israel and America lost its chance,now if Israel is going to attack iran on its own...it will have to be before it recieves the S-300? and even then i think it will lose due to sheer numbers that iran has over israel...again unless israel want to use nukes and open up pandoras box there wont be a *strategic* bombing of irans nuclear sites in the future.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It will be naive to think that there are no plans. So the fact that Air force commander said that there are plans should not change Iran's security levels. My guess is that Iran (and Israel) awaits Israeli election results that will stabilize Israel politically. Without it first i see no option for attack.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Israel is not gona commit suicide by attacking iran.Its already got too much on its plate with Hamas, hezbollah etc.Syria will no doubt join in and and russia is quite likely to use iran and syria as proxies by supplying them with plenty of anti-tank/aircraft missiles.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by t0ken
Israel is not gona commit suicide by attacking iran.Its already got too much on its plate with Hamas, hezbollah etc.Syria will no doubt join in and and russia is quite likely to use iran and syria as proxies by supplying them with plenty of anti-tank/aircraft missiles.

If they attack Iran and the worlds media focuses on that they can do whatever they need to with Hamas, hezbollah etc. Maybe even carpet bomb the areas with these people in it and blame it on Iran.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Here ya go-this was just on here yesterday...discussion ongoing:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod

Originally posted by t0ken

If they attack Iran and the worlds media focuses on that they can do whatever they need to with Hamas, hezbollah etc. Maybe even carpet bomb the areas with these people in it and blame it on Iran.

I think you got it all wrong mate,with all the media focus carpet bombing is what israel can't do.And iran rather use its limited bombs on israel than bombing its own proxy millitant groups that it uses to k0 israel.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Yeah, so we have all these reports of troops and the air force preparing, and now the Air Force General saying "ready."

Sounds like an attack by sea to me.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Actually these reports and headlines like this have been ongoing for the last two years. This is just the latest in hype that will pan out to be nothing.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Sounds like an attack by sea to me.

Yeah, I'd say there's a very good chance of that.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Yeah Hamas and Hisbollah will be in the firing line for sure if Israel does the Iranian Job, being realistic they are little more than Iranian foreign legions on two of Israels borders, attacking Israel on land given over for the ideal of peaceful withdrawl. There will be some mad stuff going down in the next few months in the ME. India, Pakistan, mass US troop deployments to Afghanistan, Russian desire to control Georgia/Ukraine, Lebanon in transition, Iran wanting nukes and Israel and the USA for sure never ever going to live with this reality even if it means doing the unmentionable. BTW did I mention Saudi or Iraq?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
(speculation)

Israel General (IG) to Pentagon: "We're going into Iran, so let us through Iraq, or we will have to shoot you down. And let us through the Gulf as well."

Pentagon: "You can't go until we say."

IG: "They are too close to getting the bomb. We have to move now."

Pentagon: "And who told you that?"

IG: "You did. I mean we'd like to believe the NIE's and IAEA, but that's not what we go by, you know that!"

Pentagon: "Oh. Yeah, that's right. Umm, hold on a sec."

Bush: "I thought I told you to wait till Obama's in office."

IG: "He won't support us."

Bush: "So? No one supported me after they found out I sold the dumbasses a war based on inflated evidence, ignoring our own CIA intelligence. But we're still in Iraq making boocoos. Just hurry up and get it over with. We don't do exit strategy here. So why should you bother either?

Alright, let them through."

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
They arent going anywhere. this is an old played out headline and nothing is going to happen.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Yeah, I know what you mean and I'm personally tired of all this trash talking from both parties. In fact, from this article onwards I'm not gonna follow anymore of this charade until one of theses countries actually puts their money where their mouth is.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Im with you bro. Im tired off getting all wotrked over this stuff and then nothing ever happens. Im not gonna read anymore "Iran/Israeli" war threads either until something actually breaks.

Originally posted by Barla Von

Yeah, I know what you mean and I'm personally tired of all this trash talking from both parties. In fact, from this article onwards I'm not gonna follow anymore of this charade until one of theses countries actually puts their money where their mouth is.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
If this news is accurate then it seems as if they are threatening the USA in particular the incoming Obama administration.

They would like for the USA to take action on Iran, which to me seems rather telling, maybe the Israelis are truly afraid to launch strikes on Iran on their own. Perhaps Israel's greatest fear is that there will be some peaceful diplomatic effort by the Obama administration which ends with a successful resolution.

I wonder how long the Israelis will continue to make empty threats in the hope that they will force the USA to initiate strikes on Iran.

Israel perhaps had a better chance for a proxy war with Iran while Bush is in office, now all bets could be off, Bush just wants to go to Texas as soon as possible.

That really leaves Israel only two options, take unilateral action on Iran now or before January 20, or shut the hell up.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yeah, their forces are ready to attack Iran. Just waiting for the US to close their back door with Pakistan first...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
there is a distance problem for israel to send planes directly to iran. too far, can't come back.

I believe that is also why us&israel have come to georgia(see how close is south of), as it is closer to iran and allow planes to go, bomb and come back.

I don' know if the zionists have a base there to their own. to know about an attack on iran now, look at the activity there. but after poutine demo this summer, that would not be very wise for them to attack iran from georgia now.

->they aren't ready yet,
also, the invasion of north pakistan have become 1st in agenda.

finally it'd seem to me as an iranian reflection of the war against terror that they call for their sheeple the war against western imperialism. the principle is the same as war against terror: fear, laws, repression, shut up sheeple. The ultimate difference being that it is indeed more real than the war against terror. but not just right now.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ::.mika.::
there is a distance problem for israel to send planes directly to iran. too far, can't come back.

That's debatable, and not necessarily true. I did some research on that in a thread long ago here, and determined that it would be possible for them to make it, given certain loadouts, and taking off from their southern most base. I can go dig it up if you want. No doubt it would very close, and yeah, the better option is to refuel if possible. But if they are going to go it alone without the US, that makes an already very risky mission nearly idiotic to try and attempt.

Because for one thing, if they do go by air, and manage to get by or shoot down American aircraft on their way, what do you think will be waiting for them on the way back?

And also, who's to say that they couldn't just dump the aircraft once mission complete, and have other plans for extraction? There are a lot of ways to skin a cat. They could do their bombing and then exit to the coast or even to deep sea, for example, ditch the plane, and wait for pickup at sea in a predetermined location.

top topics

join