It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumb Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have been considering the possibility that aliens may actually be rather stupid compared to humans even though they can travel vast distances.Has no one ever thought that by chance a less intelligent creature than humans came across the knowledge of how to do such things from pure chance...think of things like humans creating electricity before knowing of the subatomic particles that creates it...large jumps in technology,without knowing how it truely operates..I put this in the gray area because its all speculation, anything goes etc...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Interesting take on the subject....

It does bring to mind many advances the human race has stumbled upon accidentally with almost zero know how on the subject. Some of which I imagine are still in use today.

Some that come to mind are fire (simple, yet imagine if YOU had discovered it) and even the hadron collider....we have no clue what will happen with this thing!!

Very interesting though, good thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
That depends on how they think. If they were a hive like Borg collective and mentality and were in some way disconnected from it, than yeah.

I would imagine just about anything that thinks can 'crash' and break down in some way.

Another thing I've heard somewhere is that they don't have an imagination like we do and or they aren't emotional either.

They abduct people and cut into them and don't understand why we scream. "Why do these humans always scream? it doesn't change anything!" "Stop screaming stupid human!!"

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think the irony here would be if it is indeed true that we, ass a society, gained knowledge from the stars (as is repeated time and time again in historicaal art & texts). That means we have learned from a race that had no clue either.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
hha greatt topic ive always wondered a sort about that ...it could b possible though... i dont believe there stupid by all meanss thatss just not possible butt i do believe that there thinking processes are way different from are own an they my think on a more spiritual level an probaly interpret things different than we humans do...
...but i hope this thread goes on for a bit more im interested to hear what otherss think

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
there is only one way that aliens could travel vast distances (faster or close to the speed of light) and be stupider than us.
Maybe they are the second advanced race on the planet and found the technology already built. Think about it from the year 100 to 1200 AD we didn`t evolve, almost at all. The romans had plumbing, running water cold and hot, armor, weapons etc.

It is true that we had a few leap inventions that might not be invented but rather stolen from aliens etc. This may sound stupid but bare with me:
the telephone : invented actually by 2 people at the same time
electricity : used by different cultures at around the same times.
jet engine : same deal even if you consider Train Vuia he wasn`t the only one with the idea
laser, nuclear fission : same deal USA and Germany and Russia

Yet the biggest invention of or times:
semiconductors : USA only and after Roswell etc. nobody else even dreamed of them ... and this invention made the US a real superpower, if semiconductors would have been discovered by lets say cuba (a country that is at least 50 years behind) they would be in the top 3 superpowers in the world.

Final words:
We can`t travel vast distances without :
- nuclear fusion or another source of energy
- semiconductors or a biological equivalent
- life support systems

so the requirements are more, much more than we have.

Funny fact : by the time the first probe sent by nasa reaches a solar system we will have the technology to get there before it

top topics

join